Tour Rumours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know. I am saving to go to Dublin and want to book, but I won't till I get some info.

I live in South Jersey just outside of Philly and I thought WMMR would be the first with info.

And oddly enough, I usually listen to Preston and Steven in the morning, but today I was late for work and not even thinking about what radio station was on. Suddenly Boots came on (the first time I've heard it on my car speakers, it doesn't make it sound better for me) and at the end of the song the DJ said the album was coming out the 3rd and the tour announcement was going to be on the 9th. Just as I was driving over the Ben. Luckily, I kept my car on the bridge.

:lol: Something told you to listen to that station. Glad to hear you got to work safely.

i saw few weeks ago, on a ticket site this about U2...

01-07-2009 Barcelona Camp Nou
03-07-2009 Madrid Vicente Calderon
05-07-2009 Dublin Slane Castle
07-07-2009 Brussel Koning Boudewijn Stadion
09-07-2009 Rotterdam De Kuip
10-07-2009 Rotterdam De Kuip
12-07-2009 Rotterdam De Kuip
16-07-2009 Parijs Stade De France
17-07-2009 Parijs Stade De France
21-07-2009 Berlijn Olympia Stadion
23-07-2009 Gelsenkirchen Veltins Arena
39-07-2009 London Hyde Park
30-07-2009 London Hyde Park

101 % Fake :wave:

39/07/2009???????

:laugh:

There is no stadium called "Olympic stadium" in Stockholm, so no, I don't think those dates are accurate.

Actually, I think "Stockholm Stadion" might be called the Olympic stadium in English although the official webpage for the city of Stockholm calls it "The Stockholm Stadion".

The Stockholm Stadion was built 1910-12 as the main arena for the 1912 Olympic Games in Stockholm. The Stockholm Stadion is used both for sports events and concerts.

Coldplay.com refer to it as the "Olympic Stadium" while Springsteen's website refer to it as the "Stockholm Stadium" yet we will see both on the same venue this summer. Still I don't see U2 playing there when there's Ullevi in Gothenburg? I'll take it with a grain of salt for now although it would be nice to see U2 back in the capital after eight years of waiting.:up:

Hi, y'all...long time reader, very rare poster....:wave:

Just browsing all this discussion regarding the upcoming tour and the possible U2.com membership pre-sale.

I had a membership for the Vertigo tour, managing to get Manchester tickets through that then both nights of Glasgow (though not through the membership as they were added at the very last minute).

Haven't renewed since as I am pretty sure there was an announcement after the tour finished along the lines of they were reviewing how to distribute the tickets for future tours as that one was a mess and that it didn't stop any touts/scalpers. Does anyone remember something like that or am I :coocoo: ??

Just browsing all this discussion regarding the upcoming tour and the possible U2.com membership pre-sale.

I had a membership for the Vertigo tour, managing to get Manchester tickets through that then both nights of Glasgow (though not through the membership as they were added at the very last minute).

Haven't renewed since as I am pretty sure there was an announcement after the tour finished along the lines of they were reviewing how to distribute the tickets for future tours as that one was a mess and that it didn't stop any touts/scalpers. Does anyone remember something like that or am I :coocoo: ??

Obviously I meant the Vertigo Glasgow was through the memebership. Manchester and Glasgow x2 was Elevation...:doh:

From the e-mail that was sent by U2.com inviting membership renewals in November'05 :

"There will not be any ticket guarantees as part of the re-subscription package.

As we have stated before, the U2.com ticket pre sale for Vertigo 2005 was not what we wanted it to be, and once again we can only apologise for the inconvenience and distress that we know this caused. We continue to look for fair ways in which we can distribute tickets to our fans on future tours but any solution will not be tied to this re-subscription."

I don't think anyone here seriously believes that there won't be some kind of U2.com presale this time, however.

From the e-mail that was sent by U2.com inviting membership renewals in November'05 :

"There will not be any ticket guarantees as part of the re-subscription package.

As we have stated before, the U2.com ticket pre sale for Vertigo 2005 was not what we wanted it to be, and once again we can only apologise for the inconvenience and distress that we know this caused. We continue to look for fair ways in which we can distribute tickets to our fans on future tours but any solution will not be tied to this re-subscription."

I don't think anyone here seriously believes that there won't be some kind of U2.com presale this time, however.

Cool, thanks for digging that out. I was beginning to think that I was going a bit crazy and making the whole thing up.

So, does that last sentence from the statement imply that any pre-sale will not be tied to U2.com membership then ? Seems to be that way.

Wonder how they will do it this time :hmm:

Guess we won't have that long to find out

So, does that last sentence from the statement imply that any pre-sale will not be tied to U2.com membership then ? Seems to be that way.

The way I read it, it just means that people who re-subscribed in late'05/early'06 won't get priority over people who joined later.

To me it's a no-brainer that there will be a pre-sale for U2.com members, because U2.com exists solely (in my cynical opinion) to make money for U2, and a pre-sale will result in a massive increase in the number of people buying memberships.

U2 playing Foxboro in September???

Guess this would be the correct place to post this. I just read on Boston.com that the current plan is for U2 to play Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA on September 20th (Sunday).

It was part of a small article about Dave Matthews Band playing Fenway Park this summer and mentioned the U2 tidbit at the end.

Whither U2? The Irish band hasn't announced the deets of its summer tour yet, but we're told the itinerary will include a stop at Gillette Stadium in mid-September, probably the 20th.

Matthews may make return to Fenway - The Boston Globe

What the hell are U2 thinking? Everyone knows that America is the center of the universe, not Europe.:evil:

What continent are U2 from again???? What continent has their biggest share of loyal fans that have been a fan since their first bloody moments? :madspit: Yes, that's right. EUROPE.

Back
Top Bottom