Tour problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badu2fan

The Fly
Seeing that the band is taking 21 days to rehearse for the tour without the claw or stage is intereting. Will the band be up for the start of tour and have all the images and visuals down perfect??? I doubt it . Get ready for u2 sans perfection but enjoy watching them craft their new product. Has usually been done in USA so now Europe will get to see practise makes perfect as tour progress.
:hug::hmm:

From what I've heard, they will have a week-and-a-half to rehearse at Camp Nou... but I would not expect perfection on June 30th. For those that will be there, don't worry about it. I was at the PopMart opener in Vegas, and it was still an amazing concert.

OK, so it's time for another thread where people can whine and worry about a tour that hasn't even started yet instead of just being excited and looking forward to the tour. I don't think I'll ever be able to understand some fans' urgent desire to always find something negative or something to worry about. Oh yes, the tour will definitely suck and we will all be fucked.

Seriously, can we just have a little faith and trust in the band, please? And stop speculating about things we don't know anything about. I don't think they have had more rehearsal times at the actual stage for the last tours. They are experienced enough as a band and have the best team you can have, so they should be fine.

This tour will have been planned for months, maybe over a year. They have the best show designers and crew they can get. They have been rehearsing over the last few weeks. they will have 10 days to develop with full production rehearsals.

Everything will be fine on the 30th. Yes they will get better as the tour goes on, but that is to be expected. They won't be shit on the 30th however. They are professionals and have been doing this for 30 years. they have invested millions into the staging and production.

Of course they will be up for it!

The biggest tour problems will be annoying "fans" thinking they are entitled to a better experience at shows, esp. in GA...

I don't think there will be a problem with having the songs down- they seemed to have the songs on the promo tour down pretty good, and I'd think those would be the majority that would be played from NLOTH...But any new (old) songs? Practice makes perfect!!! I'd think the biggest thing to worry about would be Bono's voice. And lightning, of course, since the band has decided to take an orange lightning rod on tour...

Oh yeah- U2 sucks, BTW :hyper:

Nothing will be perfect the first couple of concerts.

The time when everything is perfected will be their last gig of this tour simple as that. Every tour get's better visuals etc etc the further the tour has progressed. They will always discover or think of new ideas and stuff to do.

By who, Bono? maybe I should sell my ticket then...

It's a little funny that you say that. I just sold my Rose Bowl tickets this week (partially because of mild disenchantment with the stage) . . . but I'm going to hang on to my Las Vegas tickets, which are significantly better (even though they were the same price - $30 each).

Plus, Vegas is on a Friday night, so no worries about work the next day.

We all know the first few gigs won't go totally smoothly but I doubt we will see a repeat of the Popmart opening shambles.

wonder if they know how to work the sound system in a stadium since they never played on stage etc.....:huh:

That's pretty awesome. I think the claw will afford them many new technological possibilities that they are playing with right now.

wonder if they know how to work the sound system in a stadium since they never played on stage etc.....:huh:

Then I say welcome to the wonderful world of U2. Maybe you need a couple of introductory words: Yes, U2 is a rock band. They have indeed performed live a couple of times in their carreer. Oh yes, they've also played on various stages. And guess what: They've performed in stadiums, too. With lights. With visuals. With massive sound systems. Obviously you didn't know that. I'm glad I could help you out a little.

Now here is a cool light show... Check out all the clips

Nine Inch Nails: Only (Live in HD) on Vimeo

No need for a claw or massive stage.....:applaud:

Oh yes, NIN are great, but U2 is U2 and they can build whatever fucking stage they want because they don't need to do what someone else is doing. And if they want a Claw they should have a Claw. U2 like it big, they love to pinoneer things, they are visionaries. They do this because they think it will provide the audience with the best possible effects for a great rock show.

Back
Top Bottom