Tour DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would imagine of the NA dates New York will have he best energy with the best crowd. I've seen them in 6 different cities and the NY crowds have been by far the best. I'd like it if they filmed in NY or Toronto cause those are the shows I'll be at. Also Vancouver but fat chance of them filming there.

I'm still betting on Europe for the DVD. We have gotten 1 on the last 2 tours, so it is Europe's turn

I would imagine of the NA dates New York will have he best energy with the best crowd. I've seen them in 6 different cities and the NY crowds have been by far the best. I'd like it if they filmed in NY or Toronto cause those are the shows I'll be at. Also Vancouver but fat chance of them filming there.

no chance. i've seen them in Toronto, Philly, Boston, Hartford, Albany, Providence, East Ruthersford, NYC, Buffalo and easily the best crowds were Boston, Toronto and Philadelphia in that order. I went to all the shows in Boston and NYC last tour and the Boston shows in terms of crowd and overall performance were far superior. The shows in Toronto and Philly were too, IMO. NYC had a few great shows though, I'm not saying theyre bad shows or anything, but I definitely think Boston and Toronto are a good step above in terms of crowd.

Pity they aren't playing Montreal or the San Francisco Bay Area... I've been to Bay Area shows, and the crowd noise is always ear-splitting. I've read that Montreal gives them the same reception.

I'm just hoping for an American DVD. European audiences often seem a little bland.

You've not seen the Vertigo Chicago DVD? Great performance by U2, sleepy crowd.

For past tours they've recorded shows for East Coast US (Boston '01) and Midwestern US (Chicago '05), so I think it's time for some West Coast love, therefore I vote for the Rose Bowl. It's their only California show (announced so far) and bound to be stellar.

They should be required by law to film their DVD either in a country that speaks a Romance Language (for the audience) or on the Pacific leg (for the performance quality). Preferable one of each.

If European audiences are bland then American one's are non existent.

Americans = prawn sandwich brigade

I want a South American DVD :hyper:

Filming a tour DVD on the first leg is stupid, yes they did it during the last two tours and we know how much those DVD's sucked.

yea and when they released the Slane dvd, it was clearly much, much superior to Boston

same goes for Vertigo Chicago (easily the worst U2 official tour dvd for me). U23D and the tv broadcasts of the Sao Paolo & Buenos Aires shows are again so much better in every aspect

I think the DVD will be filmed next year. I see no reasoning behind a first leg DVD.

We've had 2 DVD releases each for the last 2 tours sure, but I reckon that's only because they had 2 different stages per leg. We had indoor 'intimate' Elevation, and the rarer outdoor setup for Slane.

Same again with Vertigo with the 1st leg arena setup and the stadium setup for Milan. I reckon they will do a ZooTV or Popmart style release this time and just do the single release

Lets be honest people, South Americans make us all look like ugly bland ice cream wielding sad cases.

South America :heart:

Back
Top Bottom