This tour discussion has tired me. I leave this forum. Ciao!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZOOTVTOURist

Refugee
Dear U2 fans and pretenders,

2009 has been a year full of U2. An album, a tour – and the debates here regarding both of it. I've enjoyed staying here for years now –with interruptions – and sharing my point of view, reading the points of view from other fans. I enjoyed helping others with a 26 years U2 experience. and I enjoyed collecting everything "we really know about NLOTH".

Now this feeling has changed the last months. I do not feel longer welcome here. It is not possible to post things (in a critical way), which is what is moving me at the moment regarding U2 – that will always be my favourite band.

Instead I feel harassed, offended, attacked by trolls, taliban freaks, that call themselves U2 fans. Kids, that hide themelves in the anonymity of the web and trying to pose as bravehearts. That are not able to discuss or to reflect.

Me as a pretty mature adult, I see this time here reflecting 360 in 2009 and looking forward to 2010 only as a waste of time now – something, I do not want to do anymore. This is no longer a community, I want to be part of.

So, I want to thank the gentle and nice persons here. It was a pleasure getting t know you via web. The rest of you ...you might imagine the rest.

Ciao, have a good life, with or without U2! Cheers from the ZOOTVTOURist

I love "I'm-taking-my-toys-and-going-away-because-you-are-all-horrible-people" threads! :love: Many times they are even more entertaining than bannings. :yes:

And now we've had both less than two weeks into the new year. I'm a happy camper! :D :D

i just really wish he would have detailed which members are the "taliban freaks". this is going to bug me for a long time.

i just really wish he would have detailed which members are the "taliban freaks". this is going to bug me for a long time.

just ask if lovetowntourist will find out for us.

You guys gave yourselves away when you tried to set off that bomb you had in your underwear.

it was a cold day, okay? nothing more to it than that.

:wave:

Over the years I've seen a couple of these dramatic "oh woe me" threads. We appreciate good discussions here, with critical viewpoints and well argued. But if you feel you cannot keep up and thus feel the need to leave in a grand way, my response is always the same.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
:)

Its alright.

Many times, I liked the stuff he posted. When we agreed, he let me know and I let him know.

Many MORE times, I disagreed strongly and let him know. Often, I would be perturbed or even angry at the stuff he said. However, he never gave me that whole "I know better than anyone here" vibe, just came off as someone with a strong and clear opinion. I always respected that.

Then he would reply with a nice "thank you for your opinion."

He seems like a nice guy. Sorry to see that he has resorted to playing the victim card and labeling those who disagree as trolls or Taliban. Just as in this thread that led to his final decision to leave, I feel that most posters on here are reasonably fair and are classy. When this is not the case, the moderators quickly intervene and remind members of the rules. I have seen much, much worse on other forums, both U2 and non U2 related!

I rarely visit other U2 forums anymore as I truly feel this is the best one, but I do not see how any of them would have been more willing to engage in the kind of discussion about 360 that Zoo Tourist constantly pushed!

Again, oh well, it happens. Sorry some people feel they need to leave.

Is it really so difficult for you guys to just ignore a member that you dont like? We have the ignore feature for a reason. Please use it in the future.

Is it really so difficult for you guys to just ignore a member that you dont like? We have the ignore feature for a reason. Please use it in the future.

i've gotten along with him for the last month or so. that's why he wasn't on my ignore list.

i'm just curious about the "taliban" comment, lol! :)

The OP has said his piece and has chosen not to return so lets move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom