The "X" Factor, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
What is everyone's ticketmaster X000 view? Mine are X3somethin' for Jersey. Not too great, but not too bad either. I had X175 for Houston and had a great view. For those who do not know, the X followed by a number on your ticket tells you how good or bad your view is. X1 would be the best, X500 would be the worst

SMB

Dammit! I'm traveling and don't have my tickets in hand yet.

I just hope the mailman doesn't lose anything when I get my bin for the week. :angry:

You're gonna be gone for over a week? After seven days, mailmen are spost to send tickets back to ticketmaster

SMB

You're gonna be gone for over a week? After seven days, mailmen are spost to send tickets back to ticketmaster

SMB

No. It's on hold at the P.O.

But, the first thing I'm doing to digging through and counting up the tickets.
I'm embarrassed to think how many there might be.

Sorry--Back to the X-discussion...

OK.
On my tickets, there was a 3 digit # with an X after it.

9/12 - Soldier Field - Sec. 443 Row 6 - 312X - decent view, some claw in the way. Example - YouTube - U2 City Of Blinding Lights Soldier Field Chicago 9/12/09

9/13 - Soldier Field - Sec. 441 Row 22 - 321X - better view but much higher up, or ELEVATED if you will. Example - YouTube - U2 Get On Your Boots 9 13 09 Soldier Field Chicago

Just received my tickets for 7/6/10 Soldier Field - Sec . 445 Row 7 - 306X.
Guess I just don't get the "X Factor" as you've explained it.

My GA's say 266X. I dont see how they can put a number on GA's as you could be on the rail or you could be at the soundboard..

Just got my nj ticket. Sec 143, row14.
Says 73x
I guess that's prettydecent? It's behind the redzone , but the half more towards the back.

I was fascinated by this discussion the last time it came up, so I started looking at my tickets.

For Chicago 9/12 I had section 237 row 1 (looked like 50 yard line), and the ticket has 41x.

For Chicago 9/13 I had section 108 row 3, and that has 9x, so I was happy about that.

For Chicago next July I am also in section 108 row 9, and I am going to bet that will also say 9x, although that ticket has not arrived yet.

Barb

If you are referring to my Chicago 108 section, no the claw was not blocking the view whatsoever. It looks like it on the Ticketmaster site, but the claw was to my left and looked to actually be about one section over. I was worried this would be an issue when I bought it, but the section 108 ticket in Chicago was awesome!

Now if you want to hear something really interesting, I would like to get this figured out. When I bought my Chicago ticket for 9/13, it was section 108 row 3 seat 11. When I go to Chicago next July, I will be in section 108, row 9 seat 11, EXACTLY 6 rows back. Is that a coincidence or what? I really think Ticketmaster puts singles in certain areas, but I wish I could prove this. I follow another band where I see them whenever they go to New York to Madison Square Garden, and I ALWAYS sit within several seats of each other each time I go. How can that be? Again, I really think this has to do with me buying single tickets since it is getting to be a pattern.

Barb

My Philly GAs are 218X. I wonder what the Event Code is exactly: ELF0712. Lincoln Financial 7/12?

What is everyone's ticketmaster X000 view? Mine are X3somethin' for Jersey. Not too great, but not too bad either. I had X175 for Houston and had a great view. For those who do not know, the X followed by a number on your ticket tells you how good or bad your view is. X1 would be the best, X500 would be the worst

SMB

I must admit that I am a little skeptical.

Where did you learn this?

For what it's worth, my Anaheim GAs are in the mid 200's.

I assume this only applies to US Ticketmaster tickets? There's no sign of an X number on my Wembley 2 and Cardiff tickets.

I must admit that I am a little skeptical.

Where did you learn this?

For what it's worth, my Anaheim GAs are in the mid 200's.

For the most part, the lower the X number, the better the ticket, but it's not 100% accurate

I have some tix for NJ in section 144 $30 face (X312) that are arguably better than tix in section 117 (X28 - face $250)

The $30 tix are limited a little by the claw, but the are much closer than the $250 117s

That's what I got in the presale... 30 dollar... 313X view.... but I know it's got to be better than a lot of the 250 tickets out there... or at least the same different.

has anyone ever confirmed that this is what the X's mean? i know it seems to add up and all... but considering as most people do "best available" couldn't it also be the rough order in which the tickets were sold? thus explaining the discrepencies? or can you disprove that?

where are you pulling this "x" theory from?

It was posted in here last time tix went on sale on March, and then I did some digging and confirmed it. I'll try to find this for you. I dunno why people are doubting this. Probably cause it's a topic I started and it usually gets dumped on

SMB

has anyone ever confirmed that this is what the X's mean? i know it seems to add up and all... but considering as most people do "best available" couldn't it also be the rough order in which the tickets were sold? thus explaining the discrepencies? or can you disprove that?

where are you pulling this "x" theory from?

Its not a theory. TicketMaster programs each section of the stadium into the database and assigns an X-number to each section. When you search TicketMaster for best available it starts at the lowest X-number, which is usually the best and most expensive ticket.

i'm not denying that it's true... i'm just asking for a source, because i tried searching for something on it and came up with nothing. there are some things to this theory that don't make sense... i.e. the numbering of GA tickets. so some sort of concrete proof is all i'm asking for.

just because the better tickets have lower numbers doesn't prove this theory... the x's could mean the order in which they were sold... whereas the better seats would obviously sell first, thus having higher "x" numbers.

if the view theory is true, which i'm inclined to believe that it is, i'd just like to see something other than "it's true because i said so"

Back
Top Bottom