The fear of a new influenza-pandemia ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been out of the news for weeks, if not months now. I'm actually surprised the WHO is calling it a pandemic now. No need to panic. Many more people are dying from the regular flu every year, not to speak of real pandemics like HIV/AIDS. These just aren't in the news that much.

My son had the flu twice already, once in January which was really bad and at the end of May which was a milder version. Plus, he had the flu shot this year! The Dr. both times put everyone on Tamaflu and no one else in the house had come down with it.

My son had the flu twice already, once in January which was really bad and at the end of May which was a milder version. Plus, he had the flu shot this year! The Dr. both times put everyone on Tamaflu and no one else in the house had come down with it.

Yeah, I might be begging for a prescription for Tamiflu.
We fly through Beijing with an overnight there in a couple of weeks, and I don't want to get Mayor Nagin-ed.
(Meaning being held in quarantine in a hotel because someone close to you on your flight might have had flu--as opposed to being blamed for your city being underwater by the very people who were supposed to help your city not be underwater)

Mark

I'm not scared of the new flu in my country, but that's because I live in a developed country with a very good health system which takes care of all the people living here, but I'm quite scared of what the flu can do to people living in underdeveloped countries in Asia, South America and Africa. Frankly, worrying about a tour instead of people seems quite shocking to me, especially coming from U2 fans.

Yes, this flu was classified as a pandemic due to it having spread with relative ease to several countries...It's been mild in most cases; just about everyone who has died from it had underlying conditions or complications...It's not bad now- hopefully it doesn't mutate and rear its ugly head this fall...

Seems that there's people here that has some level of medical knowledge.
How can a doctor determine if a pharingitis is viral of bacterial? I felt really bad on sunday, with some sore throat. Monday morning i woke with productive coughing, a green phlegm, so i said, considering my previous experiences, this must be a bacterial infection. So i came to an old friend: azithromycin. Tuesday, really felt bad, reaching 101, but not past, and more not so much productive coughing, but some runny nose. Wednesday, a little bit better, almost no runny nose, phlegm changed color to white clear. Thursday, very little coughing, little runny nose, no fever since wednesday.

Did i do ok when taking azithromycin with no receipt? Was it viral or bacterial? Was it just a coincidence that a viral infection came with a productive coughing?

And no, i am not going to the doctor. Internet is cheaper so don't waste your time provoking a not so nice answer.

Thank u...

Was it viral or bacterial? Was it just a coincidence that a viral infection came with a productive coughing?

And no, i am not going to the doctor. Internet is cheaper so don't waste your time provoking a not so nice answer.

Thank u...

Uh ... good luck?

I said it before and I'll say it again...just don't cough at me! I've got two weeks to go to stay away from sickness before my trip. In fact, everyone just turn your head away from Minnesota when you sneeze or cough.

Oh, and I guess it's Relenza (sp?) not Tamiflu that is effective against the swine flu.

Let's see if I can worry myself into sickness.

Mark

I'm not scared of the new flu in my country, but that's because I live in a developed country with a very good health system which takes care of all the people living here, but I'm quite scared of what the flu can do to people living in underdeveloped countries in Asia, South America and Africa. Frankly, worrying about a tour instead of people seems quite shocking to me, especially coming from U2 fans.

Stop there!!!
South America is not so underdeveloped.
Anyway, flu thrives in densely populated places so Europe, Asia and parts of North America are in danger, precisely.
So what the heck... it's just a flu.

M M

Back
Top Bottom