The CLAW Part 4 - (INCL. SPOILERS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When they say 120 trucks drives this thing around, does this include all three claws or is that for a single claw setup ?

120 total. Takes about 40 to move the three steel sets around. (Geek me counted in some photos.)

So are they planning to donate the claw ?

saves them the cost of transporting it home

And if there is one thing that U2 clearly cares about it's saving money.

Tax write off.

Saves $$$ to ship it home.

Cool idea, I hope they come with instruction manuals...

This thread seems to be dying a (natural) death as more and more people see the live shows (but it should be back on track for the US/ Canada shows). I was at last night's Wembley show and just want to comment on a few points: being forever poor I had the cheapest seats money could buy and expected a crappy view but wrong! It was brilliant. Although the focus was naturally more towards the front the back wasn't neglected as much as I imagined and to be honest there was so much going on that you ended up watching the whole production (I had doubted this would work - I was wrong).
Having seen all the stuff about the claw being intimate I assumed this was just talk from the Mr Fisher and Mr Williams as they had designed it but wrong again: i thought is was pretty intimate and totally unbelievable. This tour can only get better as they work out more visuals for the screen (highlight for me was City of Blinding lights). For all the fans still waiting to see this it's worth the wait and judging from my experience don't worry about the cheap seats being too bad or obstructed views. This claw thing really works!

This thread seems to be dying a (natural) death as more and more people see the live shows (but it should be back on track for the US/ Canada shows). I was at last night's Wembley show and just want to comment on a few points: being forever poor I had the cheapest seats money could buy and expected a crappy view but wrong! It was brilliant. Although the focus was naturally more towards the front the back wasn't neglected as much as I imagined and to be honest there was so much going on that you ended up watching the whole production (I had doubted this would work - I was wrong).
Having seen all the stuff about the claw being intimate I assumed this was just talk from the Mr Fisher and Mr Williams as they had designed it but wrong again: i thought is was pretty intimate and totally unbelievable. This tour can only get better as they work out more visuals for the screen (highlight for me was City of Blinding lights). For all the fans still waiting to see this it's worth the wait and judging from my experience don't worry about the cheap seats being too bad or obstructed views. This claw thing really works!
My seats are not that good either, and this is good to know when I see them In Ny on the 24th of Septemebr.

My seats are not that good either, and this is good to know when I see them In Ny on the 24th of Septemebr.

Speaking objectively, from further back and higher up, the band themselves will be tiny specks in the distance, but (when it gets dark) the visual effect of the Claw is stunning. In my opinion, the best photos I've seen from the tour have been taken from far away, where the whole tableau can be fully observed. I had good seats inb Dublin and it was difficult to photograph the whole stage as the thing's just so big! Also, the later in the year we get, the earlier darkness will fall and so it's possible that many of the N American shows will take place under perfect conditions to appreciate the Claw.

360milandianascrimgeour-1.jpg

Does anyone know where 360 was / is going to be filmed ? I HAVE to get this DVD when it eventually comes out. I'm not the biggest U2 fan and haven't seen them since Popmart. That was the best thing I've ever seen and set a standard which, in my opinion, stood until now. 360 has lived up to all the hype and the stuff on You Tube just makes me drool. Although it sounds nerdy I actually feel blessed to have witnessed 360! I'm a little jealous of the North American dates as they will get a full show in total darkness.

I saw the Claw upclose. It really is incredible. I was standing underneath it I hurt my neck and back to look up at the thing :lol:

We don't know yet, africa2000. Blue Room, another member in this forum, said Willie Williams indicated in his diary they would not film in 2009.

:shrug:

U2360 - Claw pictures

Anyone know where I can get good Claw pictures that I can use as backdrops for my desktop? I have a 20 inch monitor that I want to put good use to. I may even add a second 20 incher and use a good picture for that as well. Thanks.

Here are some wallpapers I made from photographs I have taken (specifically ones of The Claw, rather than band members). They are in 1920x1200 which will scale without distortion to any 16:10 screen.

Amsterdam:

(imageshack keeps adding a white bar to the second picture here, I don't know why)

Cardiff:

Dublin:

London:

Sheffield:

Claw Posters

Anyone know if theres anywhere i can buy a big poster of the claw? I cant find anything anywhere? Surely there must be somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom