The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the screen can expand and fit the full circumference of the round walkway?

Of course, those fans in the "ellipse" will bitch about not seeing all the screen.

How do we know that the music will be amplified and played over the speakers?

Yes, we see the speakers and wires. We know U2 hired someone to design the sound set-up. Yes, U2 has a history of amplifying music at concerts, but isn't it just speculation that the concert will be loud?

There won't be proof until the 30th.

:wink:

had to be said :reject:

Mark

How do we know that the music will be amplified and played over the speakers?

Yes, we see the speakers and wires. We know U2 hired someone to design the sound set-up. Yes, U2 has a history of amplifying music at concerts, but isn't it just speculation that the concert will be loud?

There won't be proof until the 30th.

:wink:

had to be said :reject:

Mark

Do we even know if there is a concert there? :hmm:

It's the law

Mark

Being a rock concert, by law and under penalty of thrown tomatoes it must be loud, so loud that it can be felt in France and Portugal.

Does anyone else think that center stage looks taller than the average human? It looks to be at 6 feet maybe taller

Does anyone else think that center stage looks taller than the average human? It looks to be at 6 feet maybe taller

It normally is, bear in mind from the main stage the crowd will probably be about 6ft away, u2 tend to have the outer stages lower.

this may be a dumb question, but are they going to allow GA on the actual turf, or is the GA area strictly on the gray area that is covering the turf.

I'd like to try to put the bridge debate to rest, but probably won't. I absolutely think the bridges will rotate, for convenience sake more than show factor.

We have clearly seen them parked in different positions in different photos and my take is that they will be parked behind the stage for most of the show (like in the floor plans), but when the band goes to the catwalk they will rotate as both the main stage outer edge, catwalk inner and outer edges have now been lined with a track. We have also seen a photo where a wheeled mechanism is on the catwalk outer edge. This can be for a camera or something else, but I have to imagine the bridge will work the same way as they are on the same types of tracks and the stage and catwalks are concentric so this is not too big a leap to accomplish.

These are convenience bridges, When you look at the circumference of the catwalk and the time it would take the band to get from one end to the next it would be like walking the length of a football field (either sport.) I have to assume these bridges will go out to drop off and pick up the band at different parts of the show to save time. They are lightweight and have been seen in various positions. No big whoop. Also it is not really that big a deal that they would go over the heads of the GA folks as there have been many many acts that have had catwalks go over the heads of its fans from Bon Jovi to Madonna.

On another note (and I hate to say this) but I do now think that Larry's riser will rotate as can be seen by the wheels under the riser in the same photo. I am sure this will not be done in a cheesy way, but for a song or two during the set.

p1130167.jpg

p1130157.jpg

read.php

Good catch, ouizy... I don't think I've seen these photos yet - are they new from today? This should put to rest a lot of the heated discussions about a rotating stage & moving bridges. I agree with you on both accounts.

The fact that there are rails on the inside of the outer ring, and on the outside of the main stage is proof enough for me that they're there for the bridges. If this is the case, then there will be a point during the show where they will re-position them - otherwise, why have them move on rails at all?

It looks like the close-up photo of the main stage has proven that security guy at Camp Nou to be correct - that the central portion of the stage (drum-riser) will rotate. I can't imagine what else those wheel-looking things would be there for.

I thought the rails would be for cameras, but it makes sense that they are for the bridges. Smart concept.

Btw, I agree about Larry rotating. He's the only band member who cannot move around freely. I hope they don't exaggerate it. Larry will look even sicker than he usually does :lol:

Btw, I agree about Larry rotating. He's the only band member who cannot move around freely. I hope they don't exaggerate it. Larry will look even sicker than he usually does :lol:

and completely pissed off just knowing he should have said no to this idea :lol:

This is an aerial from Camp Nou. Does anyone know what the small circle is towards the end of the field. I thought it could be the sound board, but didn't look like any sound board set up I've ever seen.

09061301.jpg

This is an aerial from Camp Nou. Does anyone know what the small circle is towards the end of the field. I thought it could be the sound board, but didn't look like any sound board set up I've ever seen.

09061301.jpg

You mean the circle at the bottom?It's been mentioned several times here, it was for a Nike commercial and it's is gone now.

On the newer pics, you can see they put up their sound board tent.
http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?18,1000501827,1000501827#msg-1000501827

I'd like to try to put the bridge debate to rest, but probably won't. I absolutely think the bridges will rotate, for convenience sake more than show factor.
p1130167.jpg

But the height is all wrong. Look at the men in that picture and imagine all the GA folks, are you going to ask them to duck as the bridge moves and just hope they are paying attention?

In fact I'm wondering how they are going to bring people into the circle, are they going to have to duck under the bridge? That can't be legal...:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom