The CLAW Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us were mapping our Vegas seat locations in another thread. If they were to flip the claw sideways it would really mess with the location/prices of everything. I really doubt they could do this after people have purchased their tickets at these prices.

For those looking for cheap seats section 305 would be awesome, total bargain! Right behind the $250 seats, & only being 45 row's back these seats would have been $95 at the Rose Bowl.

3252_183017155726_757420726_6621433_5554469_n.jpg

Great pics! :applaud:We now see the 2 bridges installed. I was thinking they would be attached towards the back. They appear rather low-tech but I guess it's quite early still. Anticipating seeing the screen raised all the way up. Seems like under the claw, outside the claw & over the claw will all be very different experiences...

It does appear that the bridges are in different positions in each photo (at least the one bridge on the near side). Even with the stage being elliptical in shape, as long as the main stage and outer catwalk are equidistant, the bridges could rotate to different positions. Not sure if this would be a feature used in-concert, or if it would just be a means of moving them into place ahead of time before the concert begins.

There seems to be no suggestion of any bridges playing a part in the show in any of the available material on the stage that i have seen.

Maybe....BVS....just maybe....they would arrive from UNDER the stage just like they did on Vertigo Tour!

go here http://360.u2.com/ and show me these bridges then? I mean...they seem to include every other detail we have seen so why omit the bridges?

you obviously fancy yourself as some smartass expert on everything!

Maybe....BVS....just maybe....they would arrive from UNDER the stage just like they did on Vertigo Tour! But you obviously fancy yourself as some smartass expert on everything!

What the hell are you talking about? How does that get them to the catwalk? I don't fancy myself anything except someone that paid attention when I saw the very first diagrams. :shrug:

go here U2 360? Tour and show me these bridges then? I mean...they seem to include every other detail we have seen so why omit the bridges?

Go back a page and look at the black and white diagrams. You can see the bridges at the back of the stage.

Given the new photos, and the fact that they aren't even placed symetrically I don't think the bridges are in their final locations.

It does appear that the bridges are in different positions in each photo (at least the one bridge on the near side). Even with the stage being elliptical in shape, as long as the main stage and outer catwalk are equidistant, the bridges could rotate to different positions. Not sure if this would be a feature used in-concert, or if it would just be a means of moving them into place ahead of time before the concert begins.

I'm betting they'll move during the show. Otherwise, why have the 'tiered' perimeter of the stage all the way around? (The tiering ends precisely at the point opposite the ends of the catwalk, no coincidence I think.) Quite ingenious, IMO....

Maybe....BVS....just maybe....they would arrive from UNDER the stage just like they did on Vertigo Tour!

go here U2 360? Tour and show me these bridges then? I mean...they seem to include every other detail we have seen so why omit the bridges?

you obviously fancy yourself as some smartass expert on everything!

i think it's pretty common knowledge that the image on 360 is just a rough image and not to scale and does not include everything.

I'd be very suprised if they moved during the show...

I'm going on record that I think it will. The bridge is already on wheels for ease of setup, so why not have it move during the show? Again, that outer tier of the mainstage has a low rail on the perimeter all the way around (not just in two places), and you can just make out the structure on the bottom of that end of the bridge that "locks in" to that rail. Adds a lot more flexibility to the stage configuration, plus it would be way cool (and we know they like that).

We'll know for sure soon enough....

Willie already said that they had neglected to include bridges on the site. Something about having more tricks up his sleeve or something.

I'd be very surprised if those things moved. One fan gets a finger caught in there, and it would be a disaster.

Willie already said that they had neglected to include bridges on the site. Something about having more tricks up his sleeve or something.

I'd be very surprised if those things moved. One fan gets a finger caught in there, and it would be a disaster.

OW! *hides fingers* That would not be pleasant:sad:

Anyone here watch Metalocalypse on Adult Swim?

The CLAW is reminding me more and more of it. If a bunch of people don't get injured and killed, it wasn't a very good Dethklok show. :lol:

Mark

You guys are forgetting that fans aren't right up against the stage or ramps; they're a few feet away behind the barricades (yes, inside the circle, too). And the idea that the ramp would decapitate someone is kinda funny, since they'd probably have to be ten feet tall!

^ I agree. Of course they are not directly at the stage, there has to be room for security etc. Someone at another forum was saying that the main stage was too high for people in the first row, as if the first row would ever get that close to the stage. There is a lot of speculation about the moving bridges in other forums as well. Sounds like an interesting concept.

Humour is intended :D Plus there are some tall U2 fans lol!

Enjoying all these ideas floating around though, going to be a lot of people glued to their screens after the first gig waiting for all the clarifications, sure the band are reading them too, they'll be the last to find out the claws powers :wink:

I'm getting more and more curious to see how comfortable the band is with the set during the first few shows. I'd sell my firstborn (hopefully that's 10 years away!!) to see them in Barcelona, but this is the first U2 tour where the band can't turn around and view all or most of what their stage is up to. During ZooTV/PopMart/Vertigo Bono was usually able to spin away from the audience and check out the visuals; for a man who sometimes misses his lyrics and gets lost, I bet having little visual cues like that is helpful to keep you focused. The element of "dancing" with the visuals seems to not be a part of the stage design we've seen so far, but there are bound to be more surprises still.

I don't doubt that the band will be able to figure out what's going on around them and get in sync with it, but when it comes to the spire/minaret + potential cloth lighting, they may never see what's actually going on! From the stage the band will definitely be covered in lights from under the claw and from the pitch towers, but unless they're out on the ellipse I imagine the screens above them will be rather difficult to see. The best seat in the house may NOT be on stage!!

That said, I think it will definitely take them some time—longer than the Vertigo outdoor dates—to make the show work to perfection. Can't wait to see it in all its glory. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom