The CLAW - Part. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i absolutely have not doubt the last person in the GA line will still have one of the best concert experiences ever

yep. this is why i'm not going to get there that early or stress about where i end up.

Update - Fotos escenario Barcelona 2009 + Info

According to Stealing, there are a few things to remark, according to the conversations they had there

1. It´s still bigger & huger than it looks in pictures
2. Problems to get all the stuff into the stadium, they even had to tear down some walls (small license, I used bono's words from Streets)
3 All the central part is still missing
4. they probably dismantle it next week and build it up again
5. Many of this will not be at the end, just the grey parts of the legs/claws
6. Next week visits are over -now they enter through barças museum-
7. rehearsals expected form 20th
8 On express behalf of Principle Management y U2 acces to rehearsals will be forbidden (he adds we'll see if it's true)

Update - Fotos escenario Barcelona 2009 + Info

According to Stealing, there are a few things to remark, according to the conversations they had there

1. It´s still bigger & huger than it looks in pictures
2. Problems to get all the stuff into the stadium, they even had to tear down some walls (small license, I used bono's words from Streets)
3 All the central part is still missing
4. they probably dismantle it next week and build it up again
5. Many of this will not be at the end, just the grey parts of the legs/claws
6. Next week visits are over -now they enter through barças museum-
7. rehearsals expected form 20th
8 On express behalf of Principle Management y U2 acces to rehearsals will be forbidden (he adds we'll see if it's true)

He also said that one security man told him that the central part of the stage spins !!!

:shocked:That thing is huge especially when you consider just how big the Nou camp is,and just imagine what it'll look like when the bonor is erected that thing will take it higher than the stadium

I'm sure U2's crew will get this done, but they are only 25 days out till showtime and still haven't fully assembled the stage (with screen, lights, speakers).

Crew member: Shouldn't we hurry up
Production Manager: We got it
CM: But the show is only 25 days away
PM: We got it
CM: The band is on there way
PM:......Is Bono coming
Crew: Just Adam for now
PM: We got it

I just clicked on the link....GOOD GOD this thing is huge in the stadiums.

U2 made stadiums into arenas with this tour.

yep. this is why i'm not going to get there that early or stress about where i end up.

to be honest, it may be best to be further back to take in the full experience. who likes to be front row in a movie theater?

He also said that one security man told him that the central part of the stage spins !!!

a revolving screen is something not mentioned before

I noticed there are these series of metal wheels attached to the legs. I wonder if they will rig a zip line canopy of sorts there

Good God, that thing looks big in a stadium. I freakin' love it.

I also can't wait to see... ahh... the large rod penetrating the structure.

That thing is gonna be an absolute monster in Sheffield's tiny stadium!!!

Vegas is tiny too... which is the smallest stadium on the tour so far? Can't wait to see this in Vegas... then 2 days later in LA :faint:

Sam Boyd and Don Valley might be about the same as far as concert capacity goes, but Sam Boyd will be a much more intimate setting. The big difference is field dimensions. Sam Boyd has an American football sized field, with the stands probably no more than 10 meters from the play area on each side. Don Valley has a European football sized field, with a running track + additional space surrounding the entire play field.

If you look at the seating chart on u2.com, it looks like they're going to have trouble fitting the claw in there without pulling some seats out.

I think the speakers will be hanging on top of the construction. I'm sure they are taking care of good sight, it wouldn't make much sense to built a 360 ° stage if part of the audience won't be able to see the stage. I don't think u2 would say: We don't care if people can see well, we have a great stage, that's all that matters. I'm pretty sure they've been taking care of things.
I think this stage will actually allow the best sight ever.

I hope you are right, but I remember reading/hearing (can't remember where right now) the band wanted to have the same experience as MSG where their audience was all around them. The people in the back will see their arses, not a bad view :sexywink:

Anyway I hope these very expensive seats at least, have an unobstructed view.

Edit- well that movie clip isn't so bad, looks like it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom