Stubhub tix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raid

Acrobat
Ok a little paranoid here. I bought 2 GA's from stubhub for the original Edmonton date of June 24 last year...meaning I bought my tickets end of 2009 sometime. These tickets are still good for the rescheduled show but Is it possible the original seller could have got a refund when the show was rescheduled making my tickets invalid?? That would really suck.

Stubhub is really good at making things right. Make sure you take Stubhub's phone # with you so you can call them immediately if your tickets aren't accepted - they may be able to get you last minute replacements. The tickets being rejected is actually unlikely though. I've never had that problem. I did have a problem once where my buddy & I bought football tix and they weren't in the section the seller had advertised. Stubhub ended up giving us prime seats on the 50 yard line and the seller had to pay the difference. Absolute worst case scenario you'd get your money back.

*If a seller gets too many complaints, especially something like getting a refund from TM when they aren't entitled to it, Stubhub will cancel their account and refuse to let them sell again. Most sellers don't want to take that chance.

Yeah I might be concerned if they were ticketfast tickets but you shouldnt have a problem with hard tickets. I would imagine to get a refund you would need to send the tickets back to them.

Yeah I might be concerned if they were ticketfast tickets but you shouldnt have a problem with hard tickets. I would imagine to get a refund you would need to send the tickets back to them.

Actually, TM did not require me to return my tickets when the original Anaheim shows were postponed. I requested a refund and they credited my card. Once I saw the credit on my account I tore up the tickets.

yep, i had the same thing with a cancelled show - different band though. if i wanted to wait for the rescheduled date they said just hold on to the tickets and those will be honoured. i chose to get a refund and i also just tore them up when my credit was...credited. lol.

Wow that doesnt make much sense to me. Wouldn't you still be able to use the tickets?

Wow that doesnt make much sense to me. Wouldn't you still be able to use the tickets?

My guess is no - you know how all tickets have bar codes now. If someone tried to use the "old" ticket it would probably not pass the scanner as a valid ticket. TM would re-issue the ticket to the new buyer with a new bar code.

Of course, some venues still don't have scanners...

They probably just cancel the tickets, making them invalid. But that brings us back to...

Ok a little paranoid here. I bought 2 GA's from stubhub for the original Edmonton date of June 24 last year...meaning I bought my tickets end of 2009 sometime. These tickets are still good for the rescheduled show but Is it possible the original seller could have got a refund when the show was rescheduled making my tickets invalid?? That would really suck.

I am in the same situation and didn't even think of this. If people like Raid and I purchased tickets off Stub Hub (or Tickets Now in my case) BEFORE the original concert dates, how do we know if the original owner went and got a refund when they were given that option when the concerts were postponed?

The original owner probably would have still gotten a postponement email from Ticketmaster since Ticketmaster has no way of knowing that the original owner resold the tickets. If the original owner was required to return the tickets I wouldn’t be so worried, but according to a few posters above, they weren’t required to return the tickets to get a refund. :huh:

Yikes. However if the original seller got a refund from TM, Stubhub would make them pay for the tickets no? Still concerning...

Anybody here had stubhub tix to the rescheduled dates and have problems getting in so far?

I guess another question is can we call Ticketmaster and if we give them the ticket barcode, can they tell us if it's valid or not? Is there anyway to do something along those lines?

This sounds like an option that may put people's minds at ease (as long as TM will give you that info). Good idea. :up:

Thanks. I'll call in the morning and see what they say. It's just scary because unless we're all missing some kind of step in the refund process, then I see it as entirely possible that someone could have sold their tickets and then asked for the refund when the event was postponed.:(

Thanks. I'll call in the morning and see what they say. It's just scary because unless we're all missing some kind of step in the refund process, then I see it as entirely possible that someone could have sold their tickets and then asked for the refund when the event was postponed.:(

The majority of Stubhub sellers are frequent sellers and probably wouldn't want to jeopardize their accounts, but you never know. I completely understand the concern.

The majority of Stubhub sellers are frequent sellers and probably wouldn't want to jeopardize their accounts, but you never know. I completely understand the concern.

Yeah, I'm sure it's the same for Tickets Now as well, which is where I bought the tickets. It's very unlikely this would happen, but, again, you never know. I'll let everyone know tomorrow what they say.

I just called and they said they aren't able to do anything like that to show if the ticket is valid or not.

I figured TM wouldn't be able to verify if they are valid or not.

Anybody know what the refund process is like for Stubhub? How do you prove they sold you invalid tickets?

Contacted Stubhub in regards to our concern and here was their reply:

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting StubHub.

We appreciate your interest in StubHub. When you purchased these tickets
and they were confirmed you became converged under our Fan Protect
Guarantee. This guarantees that your tickets will be valid for entry.
The seller you purchased from is one of our Top Sellers and would have
contacted us if their was any issues known to them about the tickets.
If for any reason you experience any kind of issues when using the
tickets at the gate, please call us right away at 866-788-2482 with your
order number handy. At this point we will be able to assist you in
getting into the event.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Lorenzo
StubHub Customer Service

I talked to Tickets Now and got pretty much the same response... we are guaranteed entry and if for some reason the tickets are invalid, they will work with us to get us into the event.

I wouldn't worry about it. Any seller can cancel tickets anytime anyway (e.g. by claiming they were lost or stolen). StubHub keeps sellers' credit card info on file, which makes it safer.

Back
Top Bottom