Stadium GA: What's the face value

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FanPeter

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
U2 Euro 2005: 80 Euro GA($150?) every seat in the stadium in almost all markets
U2 US 2001: $45 GA($130 good seats/$90/$45 nosebleeds)
U2 US 2005: $50 GA(not sure about Hawaii or Mexico)$160 good seats/$90/$50 nosebleeds

Bruce arena floor GA 2008: $90($90 most seats save some $70 nosebleeds)
Neil Young arena floor GA 2008: $75($250 good seats/$150/$90/$50 nosebleeds)

U2 US 2009: $55-100 for GA????? Stadium nosebleeds seats????? $200 primo seats?

I work for a promotion outfit here and the rumor is that the FedEx Field tickets will break down:

$90
$110
$130
$175

Last tour i paid around £50-60 for Standing - GA.

There's a website dedicated only to u2 ticket stubs. There is one Manchester ticket that was 85 and some that were aroudn 60.

For the rest of Europe I'm not 100% sure of currency or seat location listed on ticket stubs.

I work for a promotion outfit here and the rumor is that the FedEx Field tickets will break down:

$90
$110
$130
$175

What about the "recession friendly" nosebleed seats that were talked about in some articles?

Not even the Stones had the gal to charge 90 for the worst seat in the house.

Last tour UK was £50 standing (£60 London)
Seats were between £65 an £85

Paris I paid €95 for second level seat.

There's a website dedicated only to u2 ticket stubs. There is one Manchester ticket that was 85 and some that were aroudn 60.

For the rest of Europe I'm not 100% sure of currency or seat location listed on ticket stubs.

Makes me laugh when people moan about ticket prices, in Britain we pay through the nose.

They may not sell out any stadium at those ticket prices.

Anyone else fearing "Popmart II" in regards to ticket sales?

Well, I think we should wait until we get official news on ticket prices before we jump to any conclusions.

Your reply did remind me of being at a Popmart show though...my first U2 concert...and thinking that it was really sad how many spots were empty. :(

I am deeply hoping that with the world economy in shambles, U2 decides now is the time to fill stadiums at slightly lower prices.

Take less money for each ticket, but fill every seat.

That is the logic I would use, and hey give some of us long time fans a break in the pocketbook.

The Magic question now seems to be the number of $250 tickets. Perhaps this explains McGuiness's "only tiered stadiums" remark.

I'm also SHOCKED LiveNation went for 10,000 GA tickets for $55 at each venue.

The Magic question now seems to be the number of $250 tickets. Perhaps this explains McGuiness's "only tiered stadiums" remark.

I'm also SHOCKED LiveNation went for 10,000 GA tickets for $55 at each venue.

They didn't actually say that. They said there would be 10,000 seats at $30 each, and that GA would be $55. My guess:

Prime stadium seats (lower level on the sides near the stage): $250
Non-prime seats (lower level on the ends, plus front of upper level): $95
GA field (with random entry to "inner circle" or whatever it's called): $55
Nosebleeds (top 5-10 rows of upper level): $30

From the Billboard article:

The top ticket price will be slightly higher than U2's last tour but the bottom price will be lower. Field-level tickets will be $55; in addition, there will be 10,000 tickets to every show for $30. Besides that, the price points are $250 and $90 or $95, depending on the market, Fogel says. "Playing larger-capacity venues allows for more conservative pricing overall," he says. "The interesting way to look at this is that 85% of the entire capacity will be $95 or less, 40% of the entire capacity will be $55or less and 10,000 will be at $30. Usually when somebody wants to go after the top price, they talk about the best seats being too expensive. The reality is at a U2 show this time, and last time in the arenas, the best place is $55."

The premium-priced seats will be on the sides in the grandstands and will constitute about 15% of the house. "There are always people who want to pay the higher price to be in a well-located seat," Fogel says. "But the reality is there are so many different ways to come at this seating in terms of a$30 or $50 ticket. In a funny way the top-priced tickets are subsidizing the lower-priced tickets, which is as it should be."

Time for some algebra on a 50,000 seat stadium

$250 = 7,500 seats(15% of the house)
$90 = 27,500 seats?(65% of the house?)
$55(GA) = 5,000 tix?(10% of the house - same as arenas in 2001/2005)
$30 = 10,000 nosebleed seats(20% of the house)

I imagine that the group wishes to keep the average price around $100

My guess is that there will be some seats super close to the stage that will be the $250 ones, the so-called "golden circle. Then the rest of the field (meaning GA standing) will be $55, the first few levels of seating in the stadium will be $95, and nosebleeds will be $30.

My guess is that there will be some seats super close to the stage that will be the $250 ones, the so-called "golden circle. Then the rest of the field (meaning GA standing) will be $55, the first few levels of seating in the stadium will be $95, and nosebleeds will be $30.

ALL GA will be the same price.

I have a feeling the $95 price range will take up 2/3rds of the house.

Curiously, the balcony will have a section that is 3 times the price as the section next to it. $95 vs. $30.

I'm a wee 14 year old measuring at 142 cm :wink:

best seats for me would be....?

Pressed up against the guard rail on the floor/pit or in the nosebleeds. Unless you have access to a bigger budget.

Behind the stage may be a good option. Better than it sounds on paper.

I was 15 when i went to my first show and i was standing ( not the jolly green giant myself 5,6 ) and it was perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom