SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part TRES - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I just put two and two together this afternoon... apparently, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next Tuesday morning... which I figured out is the 30th. Luckily, it's in the morning, central daylight time, so I should be able to get on Interference afterwards to watch/listen. But I'll be groggy, and possibly somewhat high from whatever it is they'll give me to make me numb/asleep, so if I post some odd stuff in this thread... you all will know why.

So, I just put two and two together this afternoon... apparently, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next Tuesday morning... which I figured out is the 30th. Luckily, it's in the morning, central daylight time, so I should be able to get on Interference afterwards to watch/listen. But I'll be groggy, and possibly somewhat high from whatever it is they'll give me to make me numb/asleep, so if I post some odd stuff in this thread... you all will know why.

:up:

i'm all about reading your posts while you're high as a kite.

So, I see there's a mention on the U2eastlink forum of Drowning Man being rehearsed, but that was over three hours ago ...

That's from someone other than East_Link, though, so I'm not sure I trust it.

I just had a thought... is it possible that they rehearsed DM and IGWSHA together because they're putting them together in an acoustic set that they haven't worked into the setlist yet? Or maybe rotating the two every night?

I was supposed to get mine out Monday, but it got delayed two weeks. When I do, though, I'll have an excuse to be staying in following U2 shows!

I'll be sure to look out for some extra laughs. Good luck with getting your teeth out. I had it done 6 years ago and I was knocked out. I was on percs and penicillian for a week.

So, I see there's a mention on the U2eastlink forum of Drowning Man being rehearsed, but that was over three hours ago ...

yeah, i saw that too earlier. i don't know spanish, so i wasn't sure if they were actually reporting that it was rehearsed or not.

:up:

i'm all about reading your posts while you're high as a kite.

This has potential for good times and lulz.

I just had a thought... is it possible that they rehearsed DM and IGWSHA together because they're putting them together in an acoustic set that they haven't worked into the setlist yet? Or maybe rotating the two every night?

It's from the U2Valencia chap, so I suspect it's not bullshit. But yeah, I'd like to hear from East_Link too.

I've wondered that too, and if Angel Of Harlem/IALW is part of this potential acoustic set. SBS as well.

Thank you for informing us. We will definitely exploit this to our full advantage. :up:

That's good bet. And I bet that Electrical Storm will be a part of that acoustic set. If there's one song I'd like to hear acoustic, it's Electrical Storm

Honestly, I think if they're going to dig up Electrical Storm, it'd be only right to play it in its proper, rocked out form. The ending could be really fucking good.

I do, I admit, feel a bit of a distinct lack of rockers amongst what they've rehearsed so far. But I can hack that sort of omission if it means we get Drowning Man and The Unforgettable Fire instead. :drool:

I really wish I was in Barcelona right now.

And JESUS CHRIST, Bono sounds amazing in that video. My one disappointment is that people keep getting stuff like Streets and Walk On... where are Ultraviolet and TUF? :angry:

Honestly, I think if they're going to dig up Electrical Storm, it'd be only right to play it in its proper, rocked out form. The ending could be really fucking good.

I know, and I completely agree, but if I think it would really work well stripped down to the pure vocal - it's one of those songs whose vocal is strong enough for that. But we'll see.

I was supposed to get mine out Monday, but it got delayed two weeks. When I do, though, I'll have an excuse to be staying in following U2 shows!

I just want to advise you both if you are not going to do so, choose anesthesia if you can... I was awake for my wisdom teeth - all 4 of them :| worst.experience.ever

I do, I admit, feel a bit of a distinct lack of rockers amongst what they've rehearsed so far. But I can hack that sort of omission if it means we get Drowning Man and The Unforgettable Fire instead. :drool:

It probably won't take them long to realize that rockers would really work with that stage.

I really wish I was in Barcelona right now.

And JESUS CHRIST, Bono sounds amazing in that video. My one disappointment is that people keep getting stuff like Streets and Walk On... where are Ultraviolet and TUF? :angry:

I just PM the youtube guy about other clips :) Hope he answer soon :)

In the end of the video I think it is COBL :)

It probably won't take them long to realize that rockers would really work with that stage.

This is the kind of setting just made for The Fly, HMTMKMKM, Mofo, God Part II, TEC, etc. I honestly thought this was the tour we might see HMTMKMKM come back from the dead ... big single, ideal staging, missed the last two tours.

This has potential for good times and lulz.

It's from the U2Valencia chap, so I suspect it's not bullshit. But yeah, I'd like to hear from East_Link too.

I've wondered that too, and if Angel Of Harlem/IALW is part of this potential acoustic set. SBS as well.

I don't think Angel of Harlem is going to be acoustic if they're rehearsing Suspicious Minds snippet...I think it'll be similar to the Lovetown versions...at least I hope so...the only way U2 could really fuck this tour up now is by playing an acoustic set...holy shit that would suck

Guys, do you realise how amazing U2 has been the last two tours?

Ultraviolet, Drowning Man, The Ocean, The Electric Co., One Tree Hill, Gloria, Miss Sarajevo, The First Time, Zoo Station... This is true fanservice. I love this band so much.

Ultraviolet, Drowning Man, The Ocean, The Electric Co., One Tree Hill, Gloria, Miss Sarajevo, The First Time, Zoo Station... This is true fanservice. I love this band so much.

I mean, it's great that they've been digging these songs up...but a lot of other bands explore their back catalog much more extensively than U2...and when you compare, U2 could still use some exploring in terms of their back catalog...Although, it's also worth noting how big the production is and how big of an act U2 is, even compared to bands like R.E.M., who do a great job of varying their set and exploring their back catalog....so taking all that into account, credit to U2...lets hope it continues :)

And Flower Child at the Kunstmuseum! ... oh wait.

Every time I start to get excited and think, maybe U2 is being really cool with the setlists ... I remember the two Springsteen shows I saw on the Magic Tour.

I'm just saying: They're not playing these songs for the mainstream - they're fan favourites. I'm so happy that they're actually listening to us - and also, thinking of how they could fill a set with nothing but pure hits (just play U218 and the new album) - I'm glad that isn't the case.

I'm just saying: They're not playing these songs for the mainstream - they're fan favourites. I'm so happy that they're actually listening to us - and also, thinking of how they could fill a set with nothing but pure hits (just play U218 and the new album) - I'm glad that isn't the case.

good point. they could easily play U218, and then ad in 6 songs from NLOTH, and play that every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom