SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Camp Nou, Part IV - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This staging is just crying out for the UTEOTWs, Flies, Mofos, and HMTMKMKMs of U2's catalogue, but I'm not confident it's going to happen, at least not straight away ...

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I mentioned before they may return to a very strong 6 song NLOTH album opener number for the tour, then end it just as they did on ZooTV. I am still holding onto this belief, they want to be a little balsy and flood new music in the ears of the audience. Good for them.

I hope they return MW to the fuller sounding version as played on ZooTV. More swagger to that tune always helps.

Too bad no champagne moments with TTTYAATW.

This staging is just crying out for the UTEOTWs, Flies, Mofos, and HMTMKMKMs of U2's catalogue, but I'm not confident it's going to happen, at least not straight away ...

I agree - imagine if they pulled out HMTMKMKM, I mean come on......only 1 tour appearance..sad..:sad:

I'm just praying they rehearse some of these monsters before the second leg, as I will be at the first show of the second leg... :pray:

East Link Update (with details ...)

Intro
1. Breathe
2. No line on the horizon
3. Get on your boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful day
6. I still haven´t found what I´m looking for
7. Drowning man :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
8. Stuck in a moment you can´t get out of (acustica)
9. In a little while
10. Unknown caller ( Barcelona I know your name)
11. The unforgettable fire :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
12. City of blinding ligths
13. Vertigo
14. Mysterious ways
15. I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix)
16. Sunday bloody sunday + Get up stand up
17. Pride (in the name of love)
18. MLK
19. Walk on + You´ll never walk alone
-
video Desmond Tutu
-
20. Where the streets have no name
21. One
22. Ultraviolet
23. With or without you
24. Moment of surrender
(Ava Maria).

I'm sorry but I don't find that to be too interesting or exciting at all. It seems to be U2 by the numbers. I feel like I have watched that show before. I'm sure it will be a great show nonetheless and people will love it cause it's only great music there. But I wish they would be a little more daring with their songs choices. They are certainly not trying and match the original visual of the tour with a more original approach to the setlist. I know this may not the final setlist but the only thing I think is cool there is the fact that the first four songs are all new and the last song is MOS. The rest has the same vibe from the two previous tours. Its same ol'...

I'm sorry but I don't find that to be too interesting or exciting at all. It seems to be U2 by the numbers. I feel like I have watched that show before. I'm sure it will be a great show nonetheless and people will love it cause it's only great music there. But I wish they would be a little more daring with their songs choices. They are certainly not trying and match the original visual of the tour with a more original approach to the setlist. I know this may not the final setlist but the only thing I think is cool there is the fact that the first four songs are all new and the last song is MOS. The rest has the same vibe from the two previous tours. Its same ol'...

I agree....I know we don't know the real set-list and there will be a few surprises (so I'm just speculating because it's fun)....the rehearsals are missing real rockers like HMTMKMKM, Mofo, Disco, Gone etc.....they don't seem to be matching the high-tech stage with the high-flying, techno-rocking beats....rather they are rehearsing the oldies....it's very strange....but either way I'll be happy.

Anyone else feeling this way?

East Link Update (with details ...)

Intro
1. Breathe
2. No line on the horizon
3. Get on your boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful day
6. I still haven´t found what I´m looking for
7. Drowning man :applaud::applaud::applaud:
8. Stuck in a moment you can´t get out of (acustica)
9. In a little while
10. Unknown caller ( Barcelona I know your name)
11. The unforgettable fire :applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:
12. City of blinding ligths
13. Vertigo
14. Mysterious ways
15. I´ll go crazy if I don´t go crazy tonight (remix)
16. Sunday bloody sunday + Get up stand up
17. Pride (in the name of love)
18. MLK
19. Walk on + You´ll never walk alone
-
video Desmond Tutu
-
20. Where the streets have no name
21. One
22. Ultraviolet
23. With or without you
24. Moment of surrender
(Ava Maria).

Love it all, all I would suggest is:

a) "adding" The Fly right after Vertigo and right before Mysterious Ways!!
b) "replacing" Sunday Bloody Sunday with New Years Day

sure about that? (popmart vegas- that is one terrible version of i will follow)

I can't say IWF from Popmart Vegas has stood out to me as particularly bad, but I guess I've honed in more on the trainwreck of songs like SATS.

Hell, if you can play guitar, you should be able to play IWF with precious little effort involved.

Sorry but I just don't picture Breathe having enough power and drive to be the opener. That's my only complaint with this set list. The drum intro and when the guitar and piano kick in will be good but other than that it's a weak ass opener.

WTF?? how did i miss this....gah!!!!!

16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)

i'd take fly if it meant i also get mysterious ways
but please don't stick me with sbs or nyd. i'd rather take fez or dirty day, since they are both soooo epic

Love it all, all I would suggest is:

a) "adding" The Fly right after Vertigo and right before Mysterious Ways!!
b) "replacing" Sunday Bloody Sunday with New Years Day

even though the vegas show had it's problems, i liked the popmart arrangement of IWF in the #2 slot after mofo

sure about that? (popmart vegas- that is one terrible version of i will follow)

are they going to rotate the posted EBTTRT/remix and the crazy/remix in the set? unless both are just new arrangements the updaters are confused about.

15. Crazy Tonight (remix)

-dan

god axver this is so true. was hoping to see some of the more explosive live songs make it to the set. and while i knew deep down that they would play it again...i was disappointed to see pride there again. why?

ZooTV Sydney vs U2360 Rehearsal Set List

"Zoo Station"-- Breathe
"The Fly" -- NLOTH
"Even Better Than the Real Thing"-- GOYB
"Mysterious Ways"--Magnificent
"One"--Beautiful Day
"Unchained Melody"--ISHFWILF
"Until the End of the World"-- Drowning Man
"New Year's Day"-- Stuck
"Numb" -- In a little While
"Angel of Harlem" - Unknown Calller
"Stay (Faraway, So Close!)" -- Unforgettable Fire
"Satellite of Love" - City of Blinding Lights
"Dirty Day" -- Vertigo
"Bullet the Blue Sky" -- Mysterious Ways
"Running to Stand Still" -- Crazy Tonight
"Where the Streets Have No Name" -- SBS/Stand Up
"Pride (In the Name of Love)" -- Pride in the Name of Love-- MLK--WALK ON
"Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car" -- Streets
"Lemon" -- One-- Ultraviolet
"With or Without You"--With or Without You
"Love Is Blindness" -- Moment of Surrender
"Can't Help Falling in Love" -- Ave Maria

Just be aware, this was one of many reahearsal nights – let us wait and see, what U2 will bring up the next nights. I keep my fingers crossed, that the new tracks stay in. Then I really wish for "Drowning Man" :drool:, "The Unforgettable Fire" :drool: and "Ultra Violet" :drool: being fixed for the opening night, too.

Those three 'rare' tunes (plus IALW & MLK, which in a way you can count to that group, too) at that moment of the rehaersals have BD, ISHFWILF, SIAMYCGOO, COBL, Vertigo, MW, SBS, Pride, WO, WTSHNN, One, WOWY on the other side – which is something like 5:12 ...

Interesting that we arrive at a 50-50% pattern when you add the 7 new tracks on the 'risky side': 12:12 – a mixture, that U2 obviously head for to please the one-off-concert goer, the first time and the die-hard fans.

On the other hand I am a bit concerned of the band now inserting more and more 'Greatest Hits' aka staples from previous tours. The balance seemed to me a bit better in the earlier nights – and I do hope, that the share of war horses not get higher and eat up exactly slots, that should be reserved for some surprises and to-be-dust-off gems from the catalogue ...

So which songs do we consider to be the "canned warhorses".

In my head it is something like:
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Bullet The Blue Sky
The Fly
Until The End of The World

I want:

Until The End of The World

Switch this with Sunday Bloody Sunday, and it's looks just about perfect.

And the rehearsals keep going.

Many thanks to the people at U2Eastlink for the news.

I've been updating U2gigs with all the setlist news in English, so if you've missed anything or would like a summary of the last few days (and a bit of a statistics hit): U2gigs.com - U2 360 tour news, pictures, reviews

Today's set (25/06) - complete:

- Intro
1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Magnificent
5. Beautiful Day
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Drowning Man
8. Stuck In A Moment (acoustic)
9. In A Little While
10. Unknown Caller
11. The Unforgettable Fire
12. City Of Blinding Lights
13. Vertigo
14. Mysterious Ways
15. Crazy Tonight (remix)
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Get Up Stand Up (snippet)
17. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
18. MLK
19. Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
"Encore" break
- Desmond Tutu speech
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. One

22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment Of Surrender

I have to say, I'm good with that setlist. It has something for everyone. A good amount of songs from the new album, some classic hits, and some rarities for us hardcore fans. If I saw that setlist at the show I'm going to, I would be very happy with it.

It's funny, I think there's a disconnect between what we perceive this new staging to provide (a kick-ass visual assault against everyone in a massive stadium during The Fly, MW, UTEOTW, etc.) vs. what the band may have envisioned the Claw to provide: a more intimate, atmospheric staging for them to connect better with the crowd.

I was never a huge fan of the Vertigo staging, as I personally feel like U2 deserves more intense visual support than a poor-quality screen can provide. Looking back on TV footage of the Vertigo shows from Sao Paolo, the band were definitely in top form, but even during the peaks of the show the visuals and effects from the stage didn't blanket the whole stadium. I'm hoping that the band utilize the amazing potential of the Claw to spread the love and turn the whole stadium into different shades of light instead of aiming a few spots down on the band.

4 days till we find out!!

1. Magnificent
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. Gone
5. Breath
6. Beautiful Day
7. Drowning Man
8. In A Little While
9. Unknown Caller
10. The Unforgettable Fire
11. City Of Blinding Lights
12. Vertigo
13. Fly
14. Crazy Tonight
15. Bad
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. MLK
18. Walk on
"Encore" break
- Desmond Tutu speech
19. Where The Streets Have No Name
20. Electrical storm
21. One
encore break
22. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
23. With Or Without You
24. Moment Of Surrender

A little change from yesterday. If they would play this underneath the CLAW I think we would have an even better setlist to be honest

^is this from a new rehearsal? Or just what you want to hear?

:reject:

:wink:

If THIS was the rehearsel than
A: I would be a very happy man concerning the set
B: U2 actualy listens to what I say

right now it is neither and in all reality, only 1 of the 2 options could change:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom