SPOILER - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part II - SPOILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just felt more significant to me when Bono incorporated his speeches INTO the songs, rather than bringing the concert to an almost abrupt halt to do so. I have no problem with Bono sharing with the audiences causes that are near and dear to his heart, but 1) He does a LOT of that outside the concert venue, and 2) See what I said in the first place, there's a better way he could do it DURING the concert.

i already know about all the problems in africa. i dont need to spend $150 bucks to hear about it.

Then don't!! You know U2 are passionate about social issues, and that Bono brings it up at the concerts. If you know this, and you don't want to hear it, its pretty simple - don't go to the concert.

To me, a U2 concert would be spoiled if it didn't touch on social issues in some way. It just wouldn't be U2 to me. I am actually VERY excited to see what issues they are going to touch on this time, I am hoping the Israeli/Palestinian conflict will be brought up, particularly in North America, since so many Americans seem ignorant to what is really going on over there, and can't wait to hear what Bishop Tutu has to say!:drool:

i guess i should give my paycheck to africa, since i live in the richest country in the world :lol:

um....yeah.....so why don't we just not post unless we're discussing their rehearsals.....uh....yeah......

I'd like to second this. You guys ever thought of taking this debate elsewhere?

maybe it would be nice to go to a concert for 2 hours to ESCAPE from this rough economy and bad times we live in, not to hear about it.

Then go see the Black Eyed Peas, and enjoy "My Humps" and "Boom Boom Pow" all night long! If you are looking for escapism, it doesn't get much better than that. U2 has NEVER been about making that kind of music.

(Can you tell I'm still bitter that the only 2 shows I get to see this tour have the BEPs opening, when some of you are getting to see Muse? :cute:)

Then go see the Black Eyed Peas, and enjoy "My Humps" and "Boom Boom Pow" all night long! If you are looking for escapism, it doesn't get much better than that. U2 has NEVER been about making that kind of music.

(Can you tell I'm still bitter that the only 2 shows I get to see this tour have the BEPs opening, when some of you are getting to see Muse? :cute:)

:up:

and I am sorry you are stuck with BEP I would be bitter too trust me.. :hug:

It's a subject that came up based on the information we have on the current setlist, don't see what's wrong with discussing it a bit, but I've said my piece, so I'll gladly close the conversation on this one.

:up:, by the way: do we know for sure, that TUF, UV and DM have been performed full band with vocals the last days?

Not being there myself, I won't say anything for sure, but nobody "in the know" has posted information to the contrary. No-one actually there has denied those reports, just Interference cynics.

We have two separate sources for the rehearsals on the 17th, no? Unless U2France just copied EastLink and sent the setlist out-of-order via email to a bunch of people?

We have two separate sources for the rehearsals on the 17th, no? Unless U2France just copied EastLink and sent the setlist out-of-order via email to a bunch of people?

U2France had a separate source.

I do find it interesting that a couple of days ago, the band rehearsed an intro with Magnificent, while today they rehearsed it with Breathe. I wonder if they were the same intro or different. Could be a sign the band are yet to settle on an opener, or that they intend to use two openers in rotation, or if they are different intros, one could open the main set and one the encore.

It just felt more significant to me when Bono incorporated his speeches INTO the songs, rather than bringing the concert to an almost abrupt halt to do so. I have no problem with Bono sharing with the audiences causes that are near and dear to his heart, but 1) He does a LOT of that outside the concert venue, and 2) See what I said in the first place, there's a better way he could do it DURING the concert.

An abrupt halt? Well, sortof. Edge was playing.

forget about the Africa speech. Vertigo x2 was what took away an extra song :lol:

God, now THAT's something to bitch about!

Then don't!! You know U2 are passionate about social issues, and that Bono brings it up at the concerts. If you know this, and you don't want to hear it, its pretty simple - don't go to the concert.

To me, a U2 concert would be spoiled if it didn't touch on social issues in some way. It just wouldn't be U2 to me. I am actually VERY excited to see what issues they are going to touch on this time, I am hoping the Israeli/Palestinian conflict will be brought up, particularly in North America, since so many Americans seem ignorant to what is really going on over there, and can't wait to hear what Bishop Tutu has to say!:drool:

:up:

i guess i should give my paycheck to africa, since i live in the richest country in the world :lol:

:banghead:

It's a subject that came up based on the information we have on the current setlist, don't see what's wrong with discussing it a bit, but I've said my piece, so I'll gladly close the conversation on this one.

Likewise. It'll be funny if someone yells 'not more Africa bullshit, Bono' beside me at a show, though. Well, maybe not funny, wrong word :lol:

I do find it interesting that a couple of days ago, the band rehearsed an intro with Magnificent, while today they rehearsed it with Breathe. I wonder if they were the same intro or different. Could be a sign the band are yet to settle on an opener, or that they intend to use two openers in rotation, or if they are different intros, one could open the main set and one the encore.

:hmm: Interesting thought...:up:

Wondered the same, because also an Intro enriched NLOTH might be used as an opener (for main set, for encore) ...

Oh yes, that setlist seems so much more believable: Magnificent x2, Breathe x2, NLOTH x2, GOYB x3. :lol: Alright.

Don't you people ever consider that they have to go through different sections of the show, to rehearse lighting, visuals etc.? Of course they're not doing the right running order right now, and of course they're not doing all the songs all the time, they are focusing on certain aspects of the show. Now it will be these songs, next week different songs. No need to overreact just because they're not playing the whole "set" every evening. They are still in an early rehearsal phase.

And thanks gvox for your comments on Bono and Africa. If you don't want this, don't go to a U2 concert. It's BONO! It's U2, the band that cares about political and social issues. A U2 concert wouldn't be complete without Bono rambling about Africa :wink: I honestly believe it has its place in the show and people who call it "shit" and whatnot are fans of the wrong band.

I thought the same thing when I saw that earlier.

Maybe they will have different openers, especially at the beginning of the tour, with all the two night stands.

I've got no problem with multiple openers.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Breathe being a good opener though.

I've got no problem with multiple openers.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Breathe being a good opener though.

breathe could be a great opener. I would love to see some kind of extended drum intro, i think that could work really well. i kept thinking it would open an encore.

If someone can play me a 5 minute Africa speech from the last tour, I'll eat my words. THere never was one.

Sorry Gabe, I was just going off fuzzy estimates from memory. That's crazy, if the speeches were usually under a minute, that anyone thinks this is worthy of discussion. It's incredible, people will wait hours and hours and hours and hours in line for GA, enduring unspeakable annoyance and discomfort, but one minute of Bono talking about a life/death issue for millions of people....NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Anyways Gabe, I was (am) on your side. :up:

I thought the same thing when I saw that earlier.

Maybe they will have different openers, especially at the beginning of the tour, with all the two night stands.

Yeah, Europe's tour itinerary definitely gives cause to hope for multiple openers, and I'd love it to happen that way - but I'm not going to be confident about it until it happens, heh. In an ideal world, I'd like NLOTH and Magnificent to rotate as openers; I think Breathe would be a good encore opener, but I'm not so sure it's suited to opening the entire concert. Well, we'll see.

guess what.... security crew gave few setlist to the people who was waiting outside... I swear it.

But I have to say that setlist reveals much more interesting details...

high security, low volume, covered with curtains some holes where yesterday was possible to see the stage... tried to record some songs but the song was too low and distant to have something decent, even using "professiona" taping mics. remember Nou Camp it is a HUGE stadium and people is quite far away from the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom