SPOILER - Rehearsals at Nou Camp Part II - SPOILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was an instantaneous thing after I heard the album for the first time, the hope that it meant a return for tuf and co.

the Barcelona "set list"

Well, I dont know if this will be the setlist for the actual show in terms of the running order or anything, but:

THE GOOD - Drowning Man (!!!!), Unforgettable Fire (!!!), Ultraviolet (though I wish theyd put Acrobat with it), Angel of Harlem (though I wish theyd put Desire with it)

FROM THE NEW ALBUM - I think that Unknown Caller will end up sounding epic and phenomenal in concert. Magnificent, Breathe, Crazy Tonight, and Moment of Surrender should all be great live too. But I guess they still havent gotten the message that most people hate the infamous "Boots" (I personally think it was the worst thing they ever released). Oh well, at least its fairly short ...

THE BAD - Pride and Streets, but no New Year's Day or SBS? Also, no Fly? (I hope they at least play that one at the Vegas encore, its my alltime favorite U2 song.) And though I like Beautiful Day well enough, I would rather they open with something else, like Fez Being Born (which I think is absolutely brilliant), but that one is probably difficult to translate to the concert stage.

All in all, it sounds like a good show! :love:

LAS VEGAS - October 23, 2009 - SEE YA THERE!

guess i'll have to find EBTTRT/perfecto and give it a listen.

not sure how that's going to work if B is singing and the rest are playing to a remix backing track.

-dan

The remix version could work. I mean, in the past they've played along with mofo and lemon, both of which are heavily sequenced, even though they were technically not "remixes." If it means injecting some life, switching up arrangements, I'll give it a go!

How many damn times do they wanna rehearse Vertigo and BD? :angry:

Though I like the sound of acoustic SBS.

Quite honestly there is nothing shocking about the rehearsals so far to me. Maybe a little with Ultraviolet and Drowning Man. But the rest I sort of expected.

Not quite sure why they picked Drowning Man though. Its OK, not a favorite of mine by any means. It must fit some theme, vibe or idea Bono is trying to convey on this tour is my only thought as to why.

I like Unf. Fire in the setlist, I think they should add A Sort Of Homecoming and then the Unf. Fire album will be covered very well. I still think Hold Me, Thrill Me would have fit the staging perfectly. I guess the band disagree!!! :( ;)

I honestly think this tour is more about the stage and production over the setlist though. Sort of like Zoo TV and Popmart were (with a hair more variety though). I don't have any problem with that at all. But I think the variety will be down from the past two tours even by U2 standards. Will be interesting though what will happen though before the Spring/summer 2010 leg especially if they put out a new album.

Looking forward to the tour, but it has an odd vibe for me this time. I can't quite say why though. :shrug:

I would expect more variation, as they are doing less cities and multiple shows by city (unless other tours). Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Dublin.... these all have double shows, so I would make sense they are trying alternate starters etc

I would expect more variation, as they are doing less cities and multiple shows by city (unless other tours). Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, London, Dublin.... these all have double shows, so I would make sense they are trying alternate starters etc

I guess I should have specified, by variation I mean songs they dont play very often. Setlist order mix up is cool though too. I could be wrong, its just a guess.

Like I said, its not a knock if the variation is down (number of different songs played). I saw 11 Popmart shows with very similiar setlists and I loved all of them. Its mainly about the performance for me. :up: Seeing U2 play live is just a great thing, no matter what is played.

yes it is about performance... but we all appreciate when there is something new at all, call it set list mix up or new songs. Otherwise you get this sense of predictability where you can even guess Bono's jokes

yes it is about performance... but we all appreciate when there is something new at all, call it set list mix up or new songs. Otherwise you get this sense of predictability where you can even guess Bono's jokes

I know what you are saying and as I diehard there are songs I would LOVE for them to do that are not the warhorses or singles. But a lot of the crowd at a U2 show are going to hear mainly their hits. Yes, the band should challenge those audience goers as well with some unfamiliar songs and I think they do and are. But not a setlist full of them. When I go see another artist I primarily want to hear the their hits and sometimes something I have not heard of before sounds cool. But you can just feel it when an audience gets bored. Vertigo had it with An Cat Dubh. I loved that it was done, but it was a setlist momentum killer. Its the same with a lot of the stadium crowd. I think the larger venues mean more casual fans also and the band know that obviously. Thats why my pure "guess" is a little less variety for at least the first leg or two. Dublin might be interesting, but I don't expect them to reinvent the wheel with their setlists on this tour.

But you can just feel it when an audience gets bored. Vertigo had it with An Cat Dubh. I loved that it was done, but it was a setlist momentum killer.

Unfortunately true. You can just sense the air getting sucked out of a venue.

U2Barcelona site (U2 Barcelona - Links) has the following rehearsal set list for today:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
I still have't found what I'm looking for
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Even better than the real thing (Perfecto mix with full band playing)
City of Blinding lights
Pride
MLK (during Desmon Tutu speech)
Where the streets have no name
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

:applaud: MOS is the perfect gig closer.:applaud:

HOLY SHIT!

THAT'S MY JAM!

That's so werid, I was running to that today and I was like, "You know, if they busted this one out on tour that would be awesome..."

UV and EBTTRT?!?!
2 good to b true.
:D

Does this mean Pride's the show closer, with MLK-Streets opening the first encore? I really like ending the first encore with walk on and then going to the last three songs to end it.

U2Barcelona site (U2 Barcelona - Links) has the following rehearsal set list for today:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
I still have't found what I'm looking for
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
City of Blinding lights
Pride
MLK (during Desmon Tutu speech)
Where the streets have no name
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

if this were the actual setlist, i would be absolutely fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom