So...everybody...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scorpionac

War Child
Does anyone think a DVD of this tour is likely for Christmas?

(Mods - If this can be merged with something, feel free.)

Most likely, or at least I hope.

And if not, then I'm sure we'll have plenty of bootlegs by then!

November we'll probably have something coming out. I'm betting on Wembley or Croke Park.

Cool. Yeah, I don't know how they usually do it. I was also too lazy to look up their old DVD release dates in relation to the start of tours and then pre-dict and ex-tra-po-late.

November we'll probably have something coming out. I'm betting on Wembley or Croke Park.

Much as I would love to see a Croke Park dvd, especially if it's the show I'm going to, I doubt if they'll film at this venue. The end that the Claw is going to be at is the Hill 16 end of the stadium, which is a huge exposed terrace that fans won't have access to during the concert. So, on film, it'll look like one entire side of the stadium is empty, and so it wouldn't look that good. Wembley is a possibility, but then, so's any other venue on the tour.

4 sure!! magine that in HD - will be a big effort to film though...lots to take in...

As Axver says its a given.
Venue will be limited by choice to those with multiple nights.

That leaves

San Siro
Stade De France
Amsterdam Arena
Croke Park
Ullevi Stadium Gothenburg
Stadium Makismer
Wembley

Amerca
Soldier Field Chicago
Rogers Centre Toronto
Gillette Stadium Boston
Giants Stadium New York

I honestly think it will be an American Venue possibly Giants Stadium New York. If not, from Europe I would say Wembley

Unless they film at a number of venues and pick the best one

San Siro and Stade de France come too early in the tour I think.

I think Zagreb will have one of the most excitable audiences on the tour but as it's U2's first time playing there I don't know if that might put them off. Of the European dates I think London or Amsterdam are most likely. But the audience in London is a bit more reserved compared to elsewhere.

I still think it'll be Toronto.

Hopefully we'll get it on Blu-Ray and DVD.

Actually, I'm thinking the tour DVD won't come out until the 2010 holidays, since they won't want to erode ticket sales for the spring leg.

Vertigo had a DVD out while the tour was still going, and then released the Milan performance, and U2 3D. I think we'll get one from 2009 in November (November always gets a U2 release of some kind) and another next fall, hopefully incorporating SOA into the 2010, fingers crossed.

London would be killer, I don't see it coming from the US this time unless they really think they'll have vastly improved the show by then.

Yeah, but weren't almost all (if not all) of the Vertigo shows selling out, so there was no threat to ticket sales? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're not selling a lot of tickets this time, just that more than half of the fall North American shows still have tickets remaining (according to U2.com), so why jeopardize the spring sales with a DVD that will sell just as well a year later - when even more people will want it as a keepsake?

Back
Top Bottom