Should I skip setlist parties?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of which, I'll be posting the live setlists on the U2gigs.com main page, so even if the posting's thick and fast in the party threads, the setlist will be easily accessible there. I did that for a few shows last tour, but in retrospect, not as much as I should've.

Cheers for this Axver, will be a big help, the threads can get pretty unwieldily.

I for one think that these setlist parties are the best time on here and are all part of feeling like you are "there". Wouldn't miss them for anything...

why don't you just go to the opening night of the tour? Hopefully it will be in Miami again!

yes, when they are anywhere near the South East US I'm present - actually when they are in the North East US I'm also present!

The rumour is the tour is starting in Europe.

:ohmy:

bite your tongue!!!! They better not think of doing that.

Seriously though, its cool because the beginning of all of their concerts aren't nearly as good as the later shows so I'm all for it. I'd rather wait three or four extra months and hear a polished U2 on top of their game than getting them right at the beginning when they haven't really polished the new songs or solidified the general nightly setlist.

Waiting for the release of the new single and subsequent album has taught me to appreciate the word "patience" :wink:

yes, when they are anywhere near the South East US I'm present - actually when they are in the North East US I'm also present!

Anything within 200 miles of Connecticut is fair game for me.

Seriously though, its cool because the beginning of all of their concerts aren't nearly as good as the later shows so I'm all for it. I'd rather wait three or four extra months and hear a polished U2 on top of their game than getting them right at the beginning when they haven't really polished the new songs or solidified the general nightly setlist.

Waiting for the release of the new single and subsequent album has taught me to appreciate the word "patience" :wink:

I split my time between FL and CT so I have about the same territory you have in northeast

What we did last time was somebody with Skype called the mobile phone of someone at the gig, then the audio was streamed for the rest of us to listen to. But as ramblin rose mentioned, the sound quality isn't the best ... I tend to think it sounds like U2 are playing at the other end of a wind tunnel, underwater. But with advances in technology over the last four years, we might be able to pull off something better. Possibly even live video. Last tour, gorman sent me some video at shows he saw that I posted online within 20 minutes of U2 performing the song.

Personally, for most bands, I tend to avoid following their sets if they are coming to Australia, as I enjoy the surprise at the concert, but my obligations to U2gigs.com mean that my decision to follow the parties is made for me even if U2 are coming here. Speaking of which, I'll be posting the live setlists on the U2gigs.com main page, so even if the posting's thick and fast in the party threads, the setlist will be easily accessible there. I did that for a few shows last tour, but in retrospect, not as much as I should've.

Hey Ax! it's been quite awhile mate! I'll be checking out your site after every show - satisfying the Setlist Geek inside of me that i try to keep hidden!

The Zoo TV-tour had some amazing, powerful early shows though.:drool:

Seriously though, its cool because the beginning of all of their concerts aren't nearly as good as the later shows so I'm all for it. I'd rather wait three or four extra months and hear a polished U2 on top of their game than getting them right at the beginning when they haven't really polished the new songs or solidified the general nightly setlist. .

Personally, I think the second half of the first leg tends to be the best time to see U2. The set isn't yet entirely static (this is more true for arena legs than stadium ones, though), but the rarities U2 may drop as the tour goes on are still in the set, and everything's a bit more polished than the first few shows.

Hey Ax! it's been quite awhile mate! I'll be checking out your site after every show - satisfying the Setlist Geek inside of me that i try to keep hidden!

:wave:

Heh, awesome. I'll do just what I did last time and bring far more statistics than anybody really needs. Looking forward to it, too - I've had far too little to do on U2gigs over the last three years!

Gorman audio and video. :up: IIRC ramblin rose had good audio too, or maybe that was Chizip.

Remember the second Buenos Aires show last tour where we had this mysterious live HQ video feed? Ahh... :drool:

i was hoping they'd start the tour in new york this year so that i wouldn't have any clue as to set lists and/or stage layout before seeing them... but, alas, that probably isn't happening.

i'll say i'll stay away, but i'm weak. i said the same thing about pearl jam's last tour, and i only had to wait 5 shows before i saw 'em and i still looked. i have no spine. :sad:

I won't attend a set list party until I've seen them. After that, I'll attend some, they were fun until they stopped being fun.

This of course is null and void if the tour opens overseas. If that occurs, I'll liekly be unable to stay away for that long. We'll see.

I joined the site after I had seen them for Vertigo, so I joined in on the setlist parties pretty quick, once I found out about them. They were a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if I'll join the setlist parties right away, or if I'll wait until I've seen a show. Depends on where the tour starts, and when they'll come to my city.

Knowing me, though, I'll probably be there from the start. :lol:

I won't attend a set list party until I've seen them. After that, I'll attend some, they were fun until they stopped being fun.

This of course is null and void if the tour opens overseas. If that occurs, I'll liekly be unable to stay away for that long. We'll see.

That's what I'm attempting, staying away til I see them, but like you, probably won't last long if they open somewhere not in the US.

This is how I feel about a show I'm really looking forward to. I hate knowing what songs are coming up. Prefer being surprised. Though for U2, this isn't a problem for me since I'm not a fanatical fan.

But as NSW says, if a tour starts months before I'm going to see it, it's tough to stay away from sites that give everything away.

Imagine what a party it would be! :drool:

Hawaii :drool:
hula.gif
hula.gif
hula.gif

Wish I'd had more days to stay & hang out with people.

I never partipated during the last tour, I am more of a lurker than a participator (is that a word?) but it sounds like it will be worth checking out.

I'm getting pretty excited, we've been waiting for all this for so long! It's great to imagine what these songs might actually sound like, never having heard the beach clips...

I joined the site after I had seen them for Vertigo, so I joined in on the setlist parties pretty quick, once I found out about them. They were a lot of fun.

I'm not sure if I'll join the setlist parties right away, or if I'll wait until I've seen a show. Depends on where the tour starts, and when they'll come to my city.

Knowing me, though, I'll probably be there from the start. :lol:

This is what I was gonna write.
But quoting is so much easier!

Back
Top Bottom