setup new tour: fewer cities, bigger stage setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wasn't that something to do with bingo balls...? deep in the recesses of my mind I remember something about that ... i think..

I thought that was a separate idea of giant lotto balls coming out into the audience during Playboy Mansion and the audience would bounce them around as they had cameras in them...

But then they never played Playboy Mansion.

Popmart had some pretty crazy ideas, one idea was for the screens to drive around through the audience on trucks...

im still sticking with stage in the middle of the field, with the PA above it somehow raised so it doesn't block views (this isn't hard in an arena with a roof, but difficult in a outdoor stadium)..so it would be a 360 degree thing, so there would be "front row seats" all around...heck, U2 may even have a middle so it would be like a giant doughnut. It eliminates the being in the back of the stadium, everyone should end up more equidistant....I think the feat of engineering is how to hang the PA above it without screwing up a bunch of views with huge posts

Timberlake in the round was okish, but you couldn't always see him. We were on the front surrounding barrier.. If that had been U2 and I couldn't see them I'd be pissed.. but it was well.. Timberlake.. :wink:

Also, the curtains / projection he used throughout the show were effective, when watching it on youtube from someone filming in the nosebleeds, but up front - it didn't have the impact.

Still reckon that audio spotlight on a mirror ball would be mental. :love:

Timberlake in the round was okish, but you couldn't always see him. We were on the front surrounding barrier.. If that had been U2 and I couldn't see them I'd be pissed.. but it was well.. Timberlake.. :wink:

Also, the curtains / projection he used throughout the show were effective, when watching it on youtube from someone filming in the nosebleeds, but up front - it didn't have the impact.

Still reckon that audio spotlight on a mirror ball would be mental. :love:

If only they had this technology 12 years ago... imagine, the Lemon perfecto mix is aimed at the Lemon mirrorball as it travels down towards the B-stage, the band gets out, and sound effects are played off of the lemon during Disco and Velvet Dress.

Mchael Jackson used a jet pack on his 92 tour(used by stunt double dressed as MJ)

I think Pink Foyd gave out flashlights to fans in 87-88. u2 did this better with cell phones

I have heard that Sarah Brightmen just finied a US tour that includd a halogram element. I imagine it was like that madonna/Gorillaz thing at the Grammy's a few years back.

KISS did a 3D glasses part of their show about 6-8 years ago. I think it was just pre-recorded videos of band members pointing their finger or drumstick at the camera

I don't know why, but I'm picturing them unveiling some sort of fabric canopy that completely covers the top of the stadium and this canopy will be composed of the light curtain type of set up. Think the video curtains from Vertigo, tighten them up and hang them horizontal above the crowd so it creates a sort of "video roof" to the stadium and everyone is "in the sound". It's been over five years since the video curtains so I'm sure they can make them smaller and better now. Combine this with the audio spotlight and you have the In The Sound Tour.

marc fisher is the genius mind behin since years. he did all of the tours since zoo tv. so he is the reason WHY U2 always got the newest technology. one interesting thing is by the way, that U2 was the first band who use the new LED walls by these company from belgium. since them, you can see these walls all around the world at TV shows or tours.

so U2 brought this technology to a greater audience and it was mark fisher and his team who is always around to seek out the best cutting edge stuff.

i expect that the upcoming tour will bring us a big 3D experience. and for god sake, thats ok. i mean, ZOO TV was a huge show. the whole setting was genius and totally impressive. there is only one thing which makes me a bit sceptic...the new U2 desin is more laid back and reduced. like ATYCLB was. so instead of the GOYB video, and related to the new album artwork...they probably should do something intimate like the ELEVATION tour was.

but teh actual quotes and the fact that they just want to play in the biggest stadiums in europe, show us taht they will have only one idea in mind. BIG BIGGER ..the BIGGEST ever. it seems that they wanna kick out the STONES, because their last tour was the biggest tour ever.

I don't know why, but I'm picturing them unveiling some sort of fabric canopy that completely covers the top of the stadium and this canopy will be composed of the light curtain type of set up. Think the video curtains from Vertigo, tighten them up and hang them horizontal above the crowd so it creates a sort of "video roof" to the stadium and everyone is "in the sound". It's been over five years since the video curtains so I'm sure they can make them smaller and better now. Combine this with the audio spotlight and you have the In The Sound Tour.

thats great. i´ve seen that thing in some clubs in europe. a videowall roof made out of this LEDs. but i really don´t think that it´s possible to put that stuff horizontal into a stadium without huge cranes who carry it through the whole show. but who knows.

i love the "in the sound tour" wording. yeah. sounds great.

A stage in the round that rises up to mezzanine level during certain portions of the show.

Leaving no bad seats in the house.

thats great. i´ve seen that thing in some clubs in europe. a videowall roof made out of this LEDs. but i really don´t think that it´s possible to put that stuff horizontal into a stadium without huge cranes who carry it through the whole show. but who knows.

RHCP had a videoroof thing for their arena shows in 2006. (Hey-Yo music video?)

There's also that curved video roof tourist trap thing in Vegas.(Flaming Lips Do You Realize music video?)

I'd say that the stage will be like a spaceship. They will come on some type of plane or spaceship in the round, land on stage and out do their entrance from the Popmart tour when coming out of a Giant Lemon.

I see U2 doing something simular to what they did on the last tour with the first US leg, even though it's gonna be leg number two. Just a handful of major markets. East Rutherford, Foxboro, Chicago, LA, Miami, Texas, Phoenix... Then in the summer on an American return, play smaller markets with one show, where the first American leg gets two shows or so.

SMB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom