seats.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adypole

Refugee
I live where I don't wanna drown, but god I'm goin
I'm sick of every thread being about GA, so, for those of us lucky enough to have a seat, you're in the right place :wink:

I have some basic questions, to start:

Do people stand up there or does it differ venue to venue?
Why do so many more fans go for GA? Is it really that much better than seats?
How's the party up on the tiers? How's the energy?

Discuss on. :D

GA is where the energy is and you get the chance to be within ankle grabbing distance of the band.

I had seats for Barca 2 and it was oh so dull. Sound from the side PA on the claw was muffled and distant, crowd around me were crap, empty seats, took ages to get in and out of the stadium. I couldn't really get into the show from my seated position.

I was on the tip of the catwalk for the first night and it was just a much better experience all round.

I had seats for both Paris show, and it was great... Almost everyone was standing anyway, no empty seats here... The second night, there were a few guy who were so excited, I feel they were partly responsible for the great mood there was at this section of the stadium! People were really excited and happy to be here!

A great experience both time, but then again, I never did GA...

I have seats for Vegas (small stadium) so that I can relax and party and not have to worry about being in line all day (and also so I don't have to hear BEP again!). Most concerts I've been to everyone stands unless you're in the very very back.

I have to say though, it will be the first time I've ever had seats for a U2 show. *fingers crossed*

We had seats for Milan 1, everyone around dancing, singing, shouting...amazing experience:wave::applaud:

Having done both, I have to say I prefer GA

Seats you tend to get a better overview of the concert IMO , Ie, you generally get a better view of the stage, however, space is often limited and I felt the atmosphere wasn't as good in seats as GA.

I have had seats and GA...I prefer GA ...seats are fine.. but sometimes the crowd is let with it then in GA..especially if your up high..IMO anyways.
Of course my seats were either behind the stage or way up in the rafters..so I don't know about the seats lower to the stage I would imagine those seats would be more active.

GA for me is the only way to go now..I love the atmosphere and being so close to the band its AMAZING!!! :drool:

:huh::huh::huh:

I'm getting confused by the descriptions.....

there is the Big Outer Ellipse
there is the stage
So......
there is INSIDE the Ellipse by the front of the stage (NOT including the Red Zone)
" " " the sides of the stage nearer to where the bridges swing by

SO what then is "the tip of the catwalk?" [telephone88]

IF i can get a GA (NY/NJ #2) i intend either to be on the outer ellipse (B & E side) OR even better by front the stage B & E side

I've tried but had NO LUCK with GA's 2001 & 2005, and never any closer than mid tier or higher UNTIL 2005 (8th row Loge off of Adam's side by the beginning of the ellipse )

AS for energy--

i think it depends on every & each show and the people around you --
I'm excited to be there-
hearing most of the songs LIVE- and especially the New songs I love, and rarities that I love, and my faves from all the albums before. I AM going to be quite happy most of the time.

I generate my own excitement, :lol: yelling, cheering, sometimes dancing (if most people in front of me are standing).

In the end I rather be inside anywhere (OF COURSE, I do have my BIG :heart: preferences :D ), than NOT :sad::sad::sad: being inside at all! :wail&weep:

^ this may be the most visually entertaining post i've ever seen on blue crack :up:

as for seats... i had seats for both of the Vertigo shows i saw, and i was so mesmerized by the band and the music and the size of the arena that i didn't notice where i was sitting or the people around me. that being said, i've been on the floor for other bands, and for the bands that i've seen up close, i can't imagine being anywhere but on the floor. however, these bands aren't u2.

I have what are hopefully really good seats for Gillette 1 because, frankly, GA in a stadium scares the crap out of me!!! I'm going with other U2 fans and we plan on dancing, singing and having a great time!

I have had GA for every show I have been to, except Jersey 1 on the Vertigo Tour. They were kind of behind the stage on Adam's side. The crowd there were not nearly into the show like the GA is.

In many cases, seats reduces baby-sitter costs.

In both seats and GA one often wishes their was a baby-sitter for some fans that need them.

GA is better overall in my view -- more energy, more moshing etc.

Seats are better if you are out of shape, have bad feet, or a spouse or S.O that mostly tolerates your U2 habit.

Seats and GA can both create good and bad sound from the PA mix, though, arguably your chances of "good sound" are better in GA.

Seats are less confusing and easier mentally and physically:
Seat Section Y Row Z Seat 2, nice, elderly ushers with flashlights.
GA -- elippse, rail, red zone, heart, tip, back, sound booth, side stage, stairs, yada yada yada with ominous bouncers and the occasional frat boy with no shirt that stinks of sweat from too many Kappa Kappa Gamma girly lifts and shoulder rides.

My first u2 concert was seats. I remember looking down at the GA crowd and wishing I was there. Since then it's been GA always for me. The energy you feel from the crowd as well as the band is simply amazing.

I had seats for both Paris show, and it was great... Almost everyone was standing anyway, no empty seats here... The second night, there were a few guy who were so excited, I feel they were partly responsible for the great mood there was at this section of the stadium! People were really excited and happy to be here!

A great experience both time, but then again, I never did GA...

I agree! I also had seats for Paris and I was pretty close to the stage. Everyone was standing the entire time and it was really crowded. The energy was AMAZING! people were singing and dancing the entire time.
I am not very tall so I tend to avoid the GA. It is true that you can be closer to the band, but you also have to get there much more in advance and if you are not lucky, you will end up in the end of the ring anyway. I like seeing the entire stadium from the seats and get the energy from the crowd. Both experiences have advantages, I guess!

^I completely agree with you Alitali--lining up early is not an option for us either, and I'd rather not end up looking at the back of someone's head the whole time. I'm glad to hear you had a great time in your seats! Where exactly were you sitting--well actually standing:)

I have never had problems with my seats only exception would be in Chicago for Vertigo, where I had to deal with some drunk white trashy folk (i would not call them fans, because they did not know one song) who were threatening to beat the people up that were standing the whole time in front of them. That show over all sucked.

Other than that, I've never had a problem with the energy levels in the seats.

In many cases, seats reduces baby-sitter costs.

In both seats and GA one often wishes their was a baby-sitter for some fans that need them.

GA is better overall in my view -- more energy, more moshing etc.

Seats are better if you are out of shape, have bad feet, or a spouse or S.O that mostly tolerates your U2 habit.

Seats and GA can both create good and bad sound from the PA mix, though, arguably your chances of "good sound" are better in GA.

Seats are less confusing and easier mentally and physically:
Seat Section Y Row Z Seat 2, nice, elderly ushers with flashlights.
GA -- elippse, rail, red zone, heart, tip, back, sound booth, side stage, stairs, yada yada yada with ominous bouncers and the occasional frat boy with no shirt that stinks of sweat from too many Kappa Kappa Gamma girly lifts and shoulder rides.

Agree wife will prefer seats, i am in GA

The guys who find themselves impressing their sororiety girl dates (Kappa Kappa Gamma is a sororiety, or was, at least back in the day) by lifting them to see the B-Man or allowing them to ride their shoulders and hence sweat a lot and share their odor with others.

The guys who find themselves impressing their sororiety girl dates (Kappa Kappa Gamma is a sororiety, or was, at least back in the day) by lifting them to see the B-Man or allowing them to ride their shoulders and hence sweat a lot and share their odor with others.

ahh! ok

thats an impressive list of shows btw

^I completely agree with you Alitali--lining up early is not an option for us either, and I'd rather not end up looking at the back of someone's head the whole time. I'm glad to hear you had a great time in your seats! Where exactly were you sitting--well actually standing:)

Yes I really had an AMAZING time! :) and I agree, standing behind someone who is tall is not fun! even though U2 fans don't usually get crazy, you are stuck in between so many people and cannot move and sometimes you end up stuck in the crowd.

Anyway, I broke my account and bought seats in the "carré d'or" for Paris. We were seating on the right side of the stage in a pretty low row (like 15 maybe?). Because those seats were more expensive, I thought we would be pretty close (it is a stadium after all!), but I was concerned about the type of people who would be there. In fact EVERYBODY around me was super excited and was really looking forward to the concert. Everybody wanted to have a good time! so it turned out to be amazing, very electric! it was by far the best concert I have ever been to (including previous U2 concerts)!
Where are you going to see them?

It all really depends on what crowd you're with and what kind of seats you have. I've only done seats to every concert I've been to so far so I wouldn't know what GA's like. But I can tell you a lot of the concerts I attended there wasn't a lot of sitting going on, mostly singing and dancing and just having a great time :) But I really want to experience GA sometime as well in the future, because I think that would be a magical experience...

But, as this thread's about seats... :wink: I have seats too for Amsterdam and really excited about that :)

Yes I really had an AMAZING time! :) and I agree, standing behind someone who is tall is not fun! even though U2 fans don't usually get crazy, you are stuck in between so many people and cannot move and sometimes you end up stuck in the crowd.

Anyway, I broke my account and bought seats in the "carré d'or" for Paris. We were seating on the right side of the stage in a pretty low row (like 15 maybe?). Because those seats were more expensive, I thought we would be pretty close (it is a stadium after all!), but I was concerned about the type of people who would be there. In fact EVERYBODY around me was super excited and was really looking forward to the concert. Everybody wanted to have a good time! so it turned out to be amazing, very electric! it was by far the best concert I have ever been to (including previous U2 concerts)!
Where are you going to see them?

We are going to Gillette 1 and have what I think are similiar seats to yours!!! I'm so glad you had a great time! I really struggled with deciding between seats and GA and I'm hopeful that my experience will be just like yours!

I'm going to see them in Amsterdam and have seat so I'll posty some pictures and share my opinions afterwards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom