Rogers Dome or BMO Field - Toronto Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileymbcastard

War Child
OK I dont think i can tolerate another concert at the Rogers Dome. The acoustics are despicable. It would be better if they played at the BMO field which is the football open air ground.

What i want to know is what is the seating capacity difference between these 2 venues.

Which would you prefer.

I'm in a similar situation.....they're going to book Olympic Stadium in Montreal which is a hell of an echo chamber.

I came across this article on google: U2 et le Qu�bec - Une histoire d'amour | Nouvelles | Musique | Cano� I was interested in the note about Boston.. Babel Fish did a poor job of translating, but I sort of gathered the article was saying they were skipping Montreal in 2009? Is that what it says?
The bit at the bottom says, roughly:

It is uncertain if U2 will play in Quebec in 2009, as the tour will be visiting stadiums this time out, and Olympic Stadium is not the best place for a concert. There is a rumour that the band could play Parc Jean-Drapeau (35,000+ capacity island in the middle of the St-Lawerence river, Radiohead played there this summer). If they don't visit in September, they might come in summer 2010.

BMO - The open-air structure can seat up to 20,500 spectators

Rogers - Capacity
49,539 (2008 Toronto Blue Jays Baseball)
31,074 (2008 Argonauts Football)
52,230 (2007 Football (Grey Cup))[1]
54,000 (2008 Buffalo Bills Football (predicted)) [1]
28,708 (Basketball)[2]
10,000-55,000 (Concert)

I got all this from Wiki. So, for BMO, add approx. 5,000 more for field/GA. That means 55,000 for Rogers, around 25,500 for BMO.

It'll be at Rogers.

BMO - The open-air structure can seat up to 20,500 spectators

Rogers - Capacity
49,539 (2008 Toronto Blue Jays Baseball)
31,074 (2008 Argonauts Football)
52,230 (2007 Football (Grey Cup))[1]
54,000 (2008 Buffalo Bills Football (predicted)) [1]
28,708 (Basketball)[2]
10,000-55,000 (Concert)

I got all this from Wiki. So, for BMO, add approx. 5,000 more for field/GA. That means 55,000 for Rogers, around 25,500 for BMO.

It'll be at Rogers.

You're probably correct, which is unfortunate because Rogers is such a horrible venue. Buffalo's stadium would be a better venue, but I can't imagine them ditching Toronto for Buffalo.

I still vote for ACC :hyper: i know, I know.... not a stadium!! but certainly better chance of having a better view. I am freaked out by the idea of a stadium show.

yeah yeah ACC rocks i know but its probably not going to happen so we stuck with Rogers. We can hope they keep the Dome open :hug:

likely U2 will perform in Roger Centre with roof closed in October as they did for PopMart

They could even perform well into November, December with 5 feet of snow outside

I'd be happy to have them in tdot for all North American legs of the tour

It would be cool if they also played at Downsview Park, they could hold what 500000 there?

I'd much rather BMO Field than the Rogers Centre, but I have a feeling it will be Rogers....

Also, as per the Hot Press article last week, they won't be playing in "open field" type venues, so that nixes Parc Jean Drapeau in Montreal and Downsview in Toronto....

I can't imagine them skipping Montreal altogether, though, especially since the tour is going to be "2 to 3 years".

Are there any stadiums in Quebec City? Ottawa must have a stadium for the 'Riders - where do they play?

Hot Press article: http://www.hotpress.com/news/5288776.html

Back
Top Bottom