Reserved Seats Behind the Stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the price for the seats behind the stage were the same as the ones further away, down the field, lower section.
My sister had section 111, row 7 for Boston 2, and while they were great seats, full view of the stage, they are still stadium seats, meaning, you are 7 rows off the field, not from the stage. There's the space between the seats and the Red Zone on the floor, then there's the RZ, then the catwalk, GA pit, then the stage. So, even for the $250 seats, it's still a distance away. Great place to see the whole show, but if you want to see the band really close, GA is really the only way to do it (& RZ).
I liked my lower level seats Sunday night, sec 133, row 23-could see the whole thing, and had some binoculars for great close ups. Did GA the second night and got a totally different perspective.
I would have been disappointed behind the stage-Bono went back there part of the time, but not really a whole lot. Actually, they didn;t spend a lot of time on the catwalk either, on my side (edge's side). Probably 10% of the time was spent round the back of the stage, and maybe 30% on the catwalk, the rest in center stage, playing towards the front. I wonder what it would be like if the stage was dead center in the field? Then it's truly 360 degrees, and all sides are "equal' as far as view goes.
I liked my view both nights. I was just happy to be seeing them again after 20 years

I posted something similar in the Boston/Foxboro 2 thread....I have seen U2 on every tour starting with PopMart....For the last 3 tours I have been doing a combo of balcony seats, behind the stage seats and GA. For Elevation and Vertigo I sat behind the stage several times and I loved it. I felt really close to the stage and the sound was great. I do not necessarily need interaction with the band but I do want to feel a part of the show. After doing GA at Foxboro 1, I had behind the stage seats for Foxboro 2. We were more in the corner in a lower row. The view was bad....almost obstructed by both the claw and the raised catwalk in the back (also an awesome view of the porta potties!) While I am glad to have seen the show, I completely regret purchasing tickets for those seats. I don't know if it was because it was in a stadium or because some of the people around us were not in to the show but I felt REALLY removed from the whole thing. The fact that the front of our section was purposely left empty...and the fact that no one stands in the very back of the floor made it so odd-as if there was no one else around-nothing between us and the stage but empty space. What annoys me most is that we paid over $100 a ticket for these seats. Lesson learned. No more behind the stage until they either go back to arenas or really decide to play "in the round." Again, I don't need to be inhaling Bono's fumes, but I WOULD like to feel like I am part of the experience.
The only consolation was that the sound was better than being on the floor.

ah i was in the 140 section, 25th row. I could see the claw thing perfectly from top to bottom, no obstructions there. I have no complaints at all about how the band played their songs, they were just amazing. I dont know exactly where I got the idea U2 were going to play in 360 degrees, i thought that would have been the reason to built that thing in the first place. And it's called the 360 tour right? I dont really care about U2's dream, the fans arent in the business of making their dreams come true and paying a hefty price along the way, it's the other way around IMHO. It wasnt much to ask for I think considering the expectation that was set up. But then again, all I am saying is as far as the topic here goes, dont expect much from the behind the stage seats, cus regardless of the magalithic opportunity U2 had to play in 360, they dont. Period.

:love: i personally will never understand anyone's fascination with doing ga at a u2 show. though of course i don't mind, it means less people fighting for seats with me! :)

Same :wink:

Or, think of it this way. Would you rather spend 97 bucks to sit way in the back and look at them from the front way far away, or pay half the price to see all of them up close

SMB
I paid the same as GA to get the best sightlines in the stadium... and they're on the other end :)

hmmm.... thinking about this option too... hoping to go with my family next year and not so keen on spending the whole day queuing and don't really want my kids getting squished in GA (even though they looking like they'll be bigger than me by then haha)...

anyone know if you can specifically select behind-the-stage seats in the presales??

How are the behind the stage seats?

Just curious what people's experience with them is. I know it's a 360 degree stage, but I have trouble believing that they are as good as anything in front. Other than GA, what would be considered the best seats? Thanks for the info.

In Vegas we had behind the stage seats in temporary field bleachers. We thought they were great for the price $90. We felt like we very close to the action. Even walked up and over the stage steps on the way to our seats (security was a bit lax:cute:) With the big screen you could see everything going on. All the band members stopped back there at some point to play to us. We didn't get front and center but we didn't have to stand in the GA line all day either. Though next time I'm going for it and buying Red Zone tickets!

I had RZ for Chicago 1 and cheap behind the stage seats for Raleigh. I feel I got to see a totally different show from the seats. IMO--they a worth getting.

Just curious what people's experience with them is. I know it's a 360 degree stage, but I have trouble believing that they are as good as anything in front. Other than GA, what would be considered the best seats? Thanks for the info.

We had seats behind the stage at Chicago and we loved it. Although the band didn't make their way to the back too often, it was still amazing... Gave us a view of the entire stage and stadium :love: and all I can say about that is "wow"...

We had seats behind the stage at Chicago and we loved it. Although the band didn't make their way to the back too often, it was still amazing... Gave us a view of the entire stage and stadium :love: and all I can say about that is "wow"...

I think I want to do behind-the-stage seats for Chicago now, lol, because not only would I finally get the behind-the-stage experience, but the view from there is onto the Chicago skyline too, isn't it?! That would be very wow!

But if they do a RZ auction just before the show, that might be too tempting to not try for. :hmm:

Maybe I should do behind the stage for Spartan Stadium?!
Anybody have any thoughts on that? They're not gonna do a RZ there, so will GA be extra-crowded/annoying? :hmm:

Cheers all...

I think I want to do behind-the-stage seats for Chicago now, lol, because not only would I finally get the behind-the-stage experience, but the view from there is onto the Chicago skyline too, isn't it?! That would be very wow!

But if they do a RZ auction just before the show, that might be too tempting to not try for. :hmm:

Maybe I should do behind the stage for Spartan Stadium?!
Anybody have any thoughts on that? They're not gonna do a RZ there, so will GA be extra-crowded/annoying? :hmm:

Cheers all...

The view of the entire stage and stadium was amazing! As far as the skyline I hate to admit I didn't pay much attention. I believe it was more behind us. It definatley gives you a different perspective sitting in seats behind the stage. :heart:

Got seats on the side of the stage for Michigan hoping they are as good as the ones behind. Was too chicken to even think of doing ga this time.

How many rows back are we talking about here. I've got 4 in back of the stage for E. Lansing for my friends in row 41 just slightly left of center toward Edge's side. How's the view of the video screens and the stage from that height from there? Do you see yourself watching that a lot?

How many rows back are we talking about here. I've got 4 in back of the stage for E. Lansing for my friends in row 41 just slightly left of center toward Edge's side. How's the view of the video screens and the stage from that height from there? Do you see yourself watching that a lot?

Section 253 row 1 in Chicago we had. The view of the screen was great and yes I did find myself watching the screen quite a bit along with the stadium itself. View of the stage was good, but with being behind the stage you didn't get too see the band members back there too often. Overall I thought the seats were great.

Back
Top Bottom