Rehearsals in SLC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean_Counter

The Fly
I vaguely recall a ‘rumor’ that when U2 was rehearsing for the Vertigo tour in LA that they opened the arena on the final night for people to come in and catch the final rehearsal.

Can anyone confirm that this happened; and if so, did they do the same thing for the beginning of the 360 tour last year? There is precedence for this as I believe they allowed people in for the last night of the Hershey rehearsals in ’93….

I am driving to SLC for the 360 opening and am wondering whether it is worth the extra day off of work to go in a day early to possibly catch an ‘extra show’.

Thanks.

Bean

Yes. They played the LA Sports Arena two nights before opening night. On ZooTV, they also did a couple of open to the public rehearsal shows at what is now the Jenkins Arena

SMB

Can anyone confirm that this happened; and if so, did they do the same thing for the beginning of the 360 tour last year? There is precedence for this as I believe they allowed people in for the last night of the Hershey rehearsals in ’93….

The did a rehearsal show in Barcelona but only the folks from the Special Olympics were allowed in. A lot of us waited outside to see if they would open it up but they didn't

Were the shows at the normal show time of ~8:30 or 9:00, or did they start earlier in the evening?

Bean

And the Vertigo final rehearsal (3/26/2005) started around 6pm. They let us in around 5:30pm, there was around 800 of us in the arena.

I was at the final rehersal before vertigo 5th leg started in Brisbane (as were quite a few people). It was a closed rehersal, but theres a small hill next to the QSAC stadium, which allowed us to see the top of the stage including the screens they showed the band on. So we all stood there in the rain for an hour or so. Twas amazing :D I'll never forget it.

I doubt they will be rehearsing in SLC, they will be staying in L.A. and will probably be rehearsing there, although they will have a soundcheck in Salt Lake.

I doubt they will be rehearsing in SLC, they will be staying in L.A. and will probably be rehearsing there, although they will have a soundcheck in Salt Lake.

There'll be 2-3 days of rehearsal with full production.

I htink they picked SLC because they won't bootleg rehearsals. It's a city full of "good christians", you know!!

I'm pretty sure they will rehearse on-site at least the day before, it's been seven months and with some changes they will need to re-block stuff. Hence why I am getting there a day earlier than I might have otherwise. :)

I bet they'll rehearse in Anaheim, I mean the shows there are only 48 hours after SLC.

Back
Top Bottom