Rehearsals at Camp Nou ( Spoiler )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Drowning Man" (WOW) :drool:
"The Unforgettable Fire" (WOW) :drool:
"Ultraviolet" (WOW) :drool:

Where is the "The Fly"?? Where is "Mysterious Ways"? With such staging and potential crazy lighting, these songs are a must!!!
I agree with a previous post, POP is brilliant, bring back "Discotheque", or "Gone"!!

Glad to see "BTBS", "SBS", "One" are sitting the bench on this one!! :hyper: If i was the coach, I would have benched "Elevation" and "Vertigo" aswell!! :doh:

"In a Little While" and "Angel of Harlem" + "Suspicious Minds" are a nice addition!!

"Red Hill Mining Town", "Acrobat" remain MIA!! :angry:

besides being so happy at the older songs they played today, I'm also really happy at the songs of HTDAAB that they DID NOT play.

Yeah, no clue what the first clip in the .rar file is
Maybe it's some weird intro or something that they are going to play before the concert starts? I have no idea. It doesn't sound very much like a typical U2 song. Plus there seems to be a lot of voices going on at the same time. Sounds interesting though.

I never cared about Drowning Man that much, but TUF MLK and UV are just :drool: so this is super exciting. Glad Streets isn't going anywhere (though it was already 100% a given lol) I don't mind Elevation either since it's probably the U2 song that gets people jumping up and down like crazy the easiest and a lot of people seem to like it so who am I to want it gone. I can't stand that they are STILL doing Vertigo though, even though it's popular too. We have GOYB, why do we need a similar song that fits the same type of mold.

how do you really feel?

as much as i loved elevation in 01, i did not like the arrangement in 05. hopefully by the time they get to the states, they will figure out which songs can be swapped out with others. i'm not asking for a total setlist flip, just a song here and there to spice things up a bit.

get used to hearing GYOB because it will be played every show this tour.

-dan

Fuck I am so sick of Elevation. When the Edge said they will be dropping some of the songs they've been playing on the last few tours, Ithis was the one I was hoping for the most. Weak song, so is GYOB but it will probably be played every tour.

"Drowning Man" (WOW) :drool:
"The Unforgettable Fire" (WOW) :drool:
"Ultraviolet" (WOW) :drool:

Where is the "The Fly"?? Where is "Mysterious Ways"? With such staging and potential crazy lighting, these songs are a must!!!
I agree with a previous post, POP is brilliant, bring back "Discotheque", or "Gone"!!

Glad to see "BTBS", "SBS", "One" are sitting the bench on this one!! :hyper: If i was the coach, I would have benched "Elevation" and "Vertigo" aswell!! :doh:

"In a Little While" and "Angel of Harlem" + "Suspicious Minds" are a nice addition!!

"Red Hill Mining Town", "Acrobat" remain MIA!! :angry:

Please bring back some POP songs and you know there will be more Achtung as well, can't wait to see what they rehearse tomorrow!!!!

Overall, I would be pretty pleased with this if all these songs were played. How I see these songs.

Wow= Unbelievably excited to see:
Unforgettable fire
Drowning Man
Magnificent
Breathe
MLK
Streets
Ultraviolet
In a little while
Unknown Caller
Moment of Surrender
Unforgettable Fire
With or without you
Crazy Tonight
No line on the Horizon
Moment of Surrender

Good- never bad live:
Beautiful Day
Vertigo
Angel of Harlem + Suspicious minds

Knew would be played and will be ok
Get on Your Boots
Blinding lights

For the Love of God, give it a rest already:
Elevation (If you are going to do a played to death up-tempo song at least let it be Until the End...)
I still have't found
Pride

The maybe it won't get played after all Yeah!:
SUC

I'm going out on a limb and guess of the 80's "classic" songs, at least the first 2 legs of this tour will be Unforgettable Fire-centric featuring up to 4 - 5 songs from that album much like how the first few months of the Vertigo tour focused on deep cuts from the Boy album.

The reason being, is that I'd guess around November, U2 will release a deluxe remastered edition of the UF album like they have for the rest of the 80's catalog.

T.B.

I'm happy with this set. A few songs I have never heard live like UF, Ultraviolet and Drowning Man and of course the new stuff. 37 more days till Dublin 1:hyper:

The setlist looks pretty good! I could do without Elevation and would love to hear SUC (I still think it would be a good song live) and I am not to sure about Drowning Man. Very happy to see some UF there!

Not very excited about Drowning Man to be honest...:shrug:

Oh this is the second best off War for me.
"I'll cross the sky for your love. :drool:
You run, you run, you run and not grow weary is sung so beautifully and so full of meaning. No matter which meaning it is. :up:
It kind of fits in with NOLTH theme. Could be a stellar performance if they pull it off after all these years. :up:

002 has to be something unknown right?

Sounds very chanty, spookily uplifting if that makes sense... my immense capacity to overrate barely-audible clips is kicking in now:drool:

Maybe it's a cover snippet of some kind. Maybe it's an Eno audio intro.

Maybe it's Every Breaking Wave (as was said earlier, it sounds like the descriptions).

Maybe it's something from Spider-Man (good cross promotion?).

But I do think it's probably new. Any other opinions?

Oh this is the second best off War for me.
"I'll cross the sky for your love. :drool:
You run, you run, you run and not grow weary is sung so beautifully and so full of meaning. No matter which meaning it is. :up:
It kind of fits in with NOLTH theme. Could be a stellar performance if they pull it off after all these years. :up:

Love. love, love, "Drowning Man"

Ultraviolet...please God?

Oh please Edge, PLEASE PLAY UV!

Edge...if you don't play Ultraviolet in N.Y I will be so pissed off...I'M COUNTING ON YOU MAN!

I'm excited about Drowning Man!

Oh please Edge, PLEASE PLAY UV!

Edge...if you don't play Ultraviolet in N.Y I will be so pissed off...I'M COUNTING ON YOU MAN!

I'm excited about Drowning Man!

Now would be such an excellent time for the real Edge to register here.

i need to hear bad - my sister and I both had tickets for back to back shows in boston on ther vertigo tour i switched mine with hers (because she needed me too) and they played bad on her night (really mine) and not mine - i wasnt happy - need to hear it live one time then i will die happy

but they really need to get rid of elevation cooooome on its straight up horrible

i would also like them to atempt some of the slower/moodier songs on the album (WAS and ceders) - i know they are not stadium songs fist pumping songs but radiohead pulls off slow/moody stuff at huge shows and I would love to hear that side of U2 live (kind of like velvet dress on popmart)

well then.
it's just a rehearsel. but i've got two tickets to see them at wembley... and if that was the setlist, i'd be mighty disappointed.
i'm really not keen on a lot of those songs.
but maybe most of the songs i want to hear, they don't play (any more?)
1 song from the 90's... eech. should have seen that coming from the last tour.

oh well, it's one rehearsel. we'll see what the first night brings. even then it'll be too soon to judge, but i really don't feel like spending my money on a lot of those songs, particularly elevation, vertigo and pride.

Only one song from the 90's is a bit ridiculous. I'd be surprised if that lasts the whole tour. I would at least expect something else from AB. Zooropa and/or Pop would be awesome but much less likely

on the positive side...Ultraviolet?! DROWNING MAN?! fuuuck yes. And I'm quite happy with the NLOTH songs they're playing. Really I'm happy about most of it except the for lack of 90's. i can't wait to find out what they play opening night! :D

Oh man, Drowning Man and The Unforgettable Fire. That's made of too much epic fucking SuperWin.

Ultra Violet is cool from the statistical perspective that it hasn't been done live in 16 years, but since it's one of U2's ten worst songs, I wouldn't want to hear it more than once.

Anybody want to comment on audio clip 002? Once the thrill of seeing UV, DM, etc wears off, I think that becomes the biggest topic here...

anyone else interested?

Anybody want to comment on audio clip 002? Once the thrill of seeing UV, DM, etc wears off, I think that becomes the biggest topic here...

anyone else interested?

I am, but im at work, and cant listen until im home. If its a new song, then that is awesome, but I suppose if they are serious about the new album, it is ready made promotion by getting live versions out there early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom