Raleigh/Phoenix - Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ticketmaster is wacky. I searched for tickets with the Live Nation pre-sale code earlier today and decided to wait it out. Now my code doesn't work.

Earlier today I also tried my Boots code for fun, and I could pull up $250 seats and some lower $95's. Now when I try it says that my code is not valid yet.

I'm banking on the tickets available for the U2 fanclub to be better than the Live Nation tickets tomorrow, I guess we'll see. These will be backups anyway as I'll be trying for the red zone.

looking forward to the auction, it's going to be a long week

-dan

I have to say I am not thrilled with what I got for $250 each - section 2, row W. I don't mind the distance from the field (I threw back section 2 row S, then row V), but I do mind the position of that section to the stage. The sections are split, and one side of that section is damn near behind the stage.

I kept hoping to pull up section 3 or 4 (or 22 or 21). The seating chart shows the stage positioned further out from the endfield than in other stadiums, so I'm hoping that's not accurate. If it's a bit further back, then section 2 will be great.

Still, I might have to bid on some red zones now since I'm not super pleased with the u2.com sale.

I have to say I am not thrilled with what I got for $250 each - section 2, row W. I don't mind the distance from the field (I threw back section 2 row S, then row V), but I do mind the position of that section to the stage. The sections are split, and one side of that section is damn near behind the stage.

I kept hoping to pull up section 3 or 4 (or 22 or 21). The seating chart shows the stage positioned further out from the endfield than in other stadiums, so I'm hoping that's not accurate. If it's a bit further back, then section 2 will be great.

Still, I might have to bid on some red zones now since I'm not super pleased with the u2.com sale.
Raleigh or Phoenix???

I'm feeling a little better about where my seats are based upon this helpful info I saw posted over at u2.com. Posting here as it may help somene else get a better sense of where their seats are:

"Carter-Finley Stadium Diagram: http://www.gopack.com/fls/9200/pdf/carter-finley-seating.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=9200

I have been buying NC State season football tickets for the past 10 years so the way stadium seating works is that each section is divided into 2 sides. A Low side designated (L) and a High side designated (H). The L seats are numbered 1-18 and the H seats are numbered 19-38. The aisle seats are 18 in L and 19 in H. If you notice in the diagram, the L side butts up against the H side of the section next to it so, seats 1 (L) and 38 (H) are side by side in the very middle of the sections. Rows start at row A in the lower level in only Sections 20H/21L and 4H/5L (i.e. 50 yard line). The first row is D for all other lower level sections. Last row in lower level-all sections-is UU. All upper level rows are A-HH.

As far as parking goes, the larger grass parking lot is on the East side (outside Sections 1-15). There is also a lot of paved parking around the RBC Center outside the north entrance.

Parking Diagram: http://www.gopack.com/fls/9200/pdf/parking%20lot%20map.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=9200"

Based on this info, I'm in section 2 H which is closer to side stage and less behind the stage.

When I looked using Live Nation under $55 the GA tickets were an option, but I never tried to go through with the sale, so maybe they were just listed but not available.

When I looked using Live Nation under $55 the GA tickets were an option, but I never tried to go through with the sale, so maybe they were just listed but not available.

yeah, they definitely are listed but you would never be able to pull up GAs in a venue presale. U2 has allocated them all for their presale and the General Sale.

Thanks for the scoop. I'm using a code for the Wolfpack club -

I feel caught, because I was under the impression it would take a couple of days for the fan club info to process and thus it would be Friday before I could be in the sale -

My wife and I did the GA for the 2001 Elevation tour and it changed our entire view of concerts. We basically decided that if GA was available, it was SO much more worth it. For the 2005 Vertigo tour, we could only get seated tickets (stupid new Charlotte arena) and it was awful (relatively speaking).

Raleigh or Phoenix???

Sorry - Raleigh (thought Raleigh was center of universe and that everyone would know that :D ). Actually, though, sorry for ranting - I'm pretty happy with these now that I know I'm on the "better" side of section 2.

Sorry - Raleigh (thought Raleigh was center of universe and that everyone would know that :D ). Actually, though, sorry for ranting - I'm pretty happy with these now that I know I'm on the "better" side of section 2.

I'm glad you are relatively please with your seats. Remember, according to some, the back stage seats may be the best. :up:

I'm not all that familiar with Carter Finley. We pulled seats 26-29, row s, section 3(h?). From your experience and knowledge of the proposed stage set-up, are these decent tickets? :pray:

I'm buying tickets for a dearly booted ex-member of this forum for the Phoenix show today. I noticed that there are two options for GA. One says says "Field - General Admission" and the other says "GA Standing." Is there a difference here?

I'm buying tickets for a dearly booted ex-member of this forum for the Phoenix show today. I noticed that there are two options for GA. One says says "Field - General Admission" and the other says "GA Standing." Is there a difference here?

you need to pick both. first drop down menu says 'field-general admission' and the second drop down menu says 'GA standing.' To be safe select both of these when try and get tix. this is what i had to do for a couple of shows that I got GAs for.

I'm glad you are relatively please with your seats. Remember, according to some, the back stage seats may be the best. :up:

I'm not all that familiar with Carter Finley. We pulled seats 26-29, row s, section 3(h?). From your experience and knowledge of the proposed stage set-up, are these decent tickets? :pray:

Those are about perfect - more like what I was shooting for :) A few rows closer to the field, and, more importantly, more or less at the tip of the stage.

you need to pick both. first drop down menu says 'field-general admission' and the second drop down menu says 'GA standing.' To be safe select both of these when try and get tix. this is what i had to do for a couple of shows that I got GAs for.

They're in the same drop down box...

25qprh3.jpg

Yeah, same price. I'll give them a call when I get home. I bet they're the same thing, it's just that someone goofed on the coding.

I ordered both GA-Standing and General Admission. Same price and as far as I can tell the same thing.

They fixed the problem so it only shows GA Field Admission.

Got her tix with a little bit of a snag, but it all worked out great. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom