Raleigh/Phoenix - Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I too got the Live Nation email with the pre-sale code for Raleigh. It's interesting that the pre-sale for Live Nation just for signing up starts Tuesday at noon whereas the Boots fan club starts Wednesday at 6 PM. I imagine the ticket pools are the same?

Although I'm in Indiana now, I grew up in North Carolina, gonna drop the kids off at the grandparents. It'll be amazing to see U2 play at Carter-Finley.

So, Live Nation gave you the same access the fan club has?

University of Phoenix Ticketmaster link is up:

U2 360º Tour tickets UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX STADIUM Glendale, AZ, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

27546s.gif

Last edited:
The Wolfpack Club (athletics sports booster club for NC State) also released a presale today which allows people to buy starting tomorrow at Noon. So basically my understanding is that tomorrow at Noon people who signed up (for free) at Live Nation, those in the Wolfpack Club, and those in the Horizon U2 fan club level can start buying tickets. I imagine this is from the same ticket pool again but we'll see.

A few years ago I bought tickets through Live Nation to an ampitheater in a pre-sale but ended up buying MUCH better seats through regular ticketmaster so I'm a little skeptical of Live Nation.

----------
In addition, I hope this will help anybody who is looking to buy tickets and has never been or seen Carter-Finley before:

Sections 1-31 are bleachers with a few here and there having seat backs for those who pay for it for football season (basically a red cloth seat bolted into place). The end zone sections are newer and the 200-level are red plastic seats with backs. The 300-level are temporary-style metal bleachers that may be removed should demand necessitate an upper level on the sides (one can dream!). You can see them on the right of this picture beneath the scoreboard.

XHSPGIRUTBVMEXC.20071010180209.jpg

This is a view from the very last row of the stadium, I'd say I was in section 11 for this one.
cf1.jpg

This is probably 15 rows up in section 26:

cf2.jpg

And this is from the very first row of the upper deck, I'd say section 28. This was the Spring Game which is basically a glorified scrimmage which is why it's so "empty." I included this to show you what the seats look like:
cf3.jpg

So basically my understanding is that tomorrow at Noon people who signed up (for free) at Live Nation, those in the Wolfpack Club, and those in the Horizon U2 fan club level can start buying tickets. I imagine this is from the same ticket pool again but we'll see.

Horizon starts at 10AM EDT. If the other presales are like the ones that have happened for the other shows the ticket pool will be different, i.e. GA's were not available for the other presales.

Hmm, might be a rhetorical question, but as I'm Boots do I take a risk and wait until Wednesday instead of trying to get seats tomorrow? These are for fall backs in case the red zone gets too high, and not looking to get GA's.

:|

I live in Glendale and have patiently been waiting to hear the date and presale info for the AZ show. If a coworker hadn't told me today, I'd have never known. She heard through a friend that the presale was tomorrow/Wednesday. Neither she nor I got any presale e-mails, even though we are U2.com subscribers and have been getting other presale info for the other shows. Maybe that's why there hasn't been as much hype for the AZ show--it took forever just to find out the damn date of the show...and now it's on a Tuesday... :down:

Anyhow, I'm probably going to get seats as I'm too short for GA. My boyfriend hates U2, so not sure who I'm gonna go with. BAWs, maybe I'll see you there. :) Wish I could muster up more enthusiasm, but trying to figure out this tour has been such a pain.

Hmm, might be a rhetorical question, but as I'm Boots do I take a risk and wait until Wednesday instead of trying to get seats tomorrow? These are for fall backs in case the red zone gets too high, and not looking to get GA's.

well, if you are not going for GAs try the wolfpack club presale. It really is hard to say what you are gonna get as far as good seats. Either presale should get you some decent seats..

wow---just tried to look for tix in Raleigh using the livenation pre-sale...:down:
SLIM Pickens ....no GA ...upper deck for $ 55.00 . $95.00 lowers in the lower corners behind the stage set-up . $250 tickets about 1/2 way up the lower levels .

Hope there is a better allocation for the general sales :huh:

wow---just tried to look for tix in Raleigh using the livenation pre-sale...:down:
SLIM Pickens ....no GA ...upper deck for $ 55.00 . $95.00 lowers in the lower corners behind the stage set-up . $250 tickets about 1/2 way up the lower levels .

That's just about what I expected. The best presale seats are reserved for u2.com. I'm Breathe so won't find out until tomorrow how I do. How have Horizon members done so far today?

I did just fine with Dallas. I had two GA's by 8:03am. Now just passing time in the tour threads until 10am here... getting more nervous... man, I'll be happy when this is all over!

Got my tickets for Raleigh with no problem, through the fan club thingy. I didn't want to take a chance on Friday, because we'll be at the beach and I don't want to have to run around trying to get internet access or cell service.

In for 4 GA. See you there!

Shouldn't you be down "in the yard" checking the dumb-bells???? :lol:
Our 'guests' are well attended to & behaving themselves fairly well this month. Which is why I have time to check the Crack House during work hours - if they're not getting written up, I'm not busy compiling disciplinary packages. It's a win-win. :D

Sorry you didn't luck out. We got good $250s in Section 4 with the LiveNation presale. Very pleased.

:reject: I'm lost... which pre-sale does this code give you access to?

It was a separate, livenation code that ran today (contemporaneously with horizon pre-sale), but that has since ended. I think the remaining time on horizon, and tomorrow's breathe and boots pre-sales consitituted the only available opportunities to purchase tickets before Friday. . Anyone care to fact check? I'd hate disseminate misinformation.

It was a separate, livenation code that ran today (contemporaneously with horizon pre-sale), but that has since ended. I think the remaining time on horizon, and tomorrow's breathe and boots pre-sales consitituted the only available opportunities to purchase tickets before Friday. . Anyone care to fact check? I'd hate disseminate misinformation.

Sounds reasonable - I kept getting an error message that stated the code wasn't valid.

yeah, it's reliable...it's a personal source close to me.

when they opened up dallas early, i asked my source (who has a boots code) to try it at 10 for glendale and it worked.

Honest? is that a reliable source? wouldn't want to blow our code...:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom