Raleigh/Phoenix - Presale/General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...and everyone needs to be so quick not to dismiss the interest in phoenix.

A simple, short translation - I'd rather enjoy myself in Phoenix than Las Vegas...I was not dismissing PHX in anyway...

We saw Coldplay at the Dodge Theater several years ago and the PHX experience was wonderful; I had PHX tickets last time around for U2 but sold them because the concert was on 4/15...tax day and my son's birthday...

We're looking forward to PHX, reuniting with friends and attempting to meet the band at the loading dock...:up:

Has anyone seen a diagram or depiction of the the Claw set-up for the Raleigh show? Presale is this coming week, and I'm beginning to get anxious. :yikes: As much as I enjoy going to shows (especially a hometown gig), scouting and buying tickets gives me some serious agita. :banghead:

Any idea why Ticketmuncher hasn't added a page for the PHX sale yet? I know it's still a few days away, but...just getting anxious

Justin

Seats for us....but I plan on walking the line, looking for friends and trying to catch the band in/our from sound check..we'll be around the scene...you?

ps...I'd give you a ride to LA but I don't know if the US Airways pilot will let me bump him outta his seat!

Hi all. Super newbie here. :)

My wife are in a economic quandary here with the Raleigh show, and I'm looking for some advice. We actually want GA seats, but should we join the fan club for tickets on Thursday, or wait and save the $50 and get GA tickets on Friday? Does anyone think they'll be GA tickets left on Friday?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Seats for us....but I plan on walking the line, looking for friends and trying to catch the band in/our from sound check..we'll be around the scene...you?

ps...I'd give you a ride to LA but I don't know if the US Airways pilot will let me bump him outta his seat!

I'll be doing GA for all the shows I'm going to but I really want to try to meet the band. Not sure if that'll be possible - maybe have to wait for the 2010 leg.

I just bought my membership a couple of days ago, and what I'm assuming is my pre-sale code begins with U2C, so does that mean Thursday will be my pre-sale day for Raleigh? I've never bought tickets online (except eBay) or through pre-sale, I'm nervous!

My wife are in a economic quandary here with the Raleigh show, and I'm looking for some advice. We actually want GA seats, but should we join the fan club for tickets on Thursday, or wait and save the $50 and get GA tickets on Friday? Does anyone think they'll be GA tickets left on Friday?

I didn't join the fan club this go 'round so I can't offer any advice on that, but I can relay what I've experienced with buying tickets so far this tour & maybe that will help. I logged online at 10am sharp for the Charlottesville general sale - requested 3 GAs & had purchased, paid & logged back off within 15 minutes. Logged online at the start of the Atlanta general sale - requested 2 GAs & got the "No tickets available" message 4 times. Finally requested 2 $95 reserved seats & picked them up with no further delay.

My personal theory is that Atlanta's a larger venue so those GAs went much faster - hopefully Raleigh's general sale will work out the same as C'ville's. Of course, that's just a theory & come Friday morning at 10:15 or so, I may be wishing that I'd joined the fan club. :shrug: :D

Good luck to you! :up:

There should be plenty of GAs available on Friday.

I just got an email from Live Nation with my code for the Special Pre-Sale for Raleigh that thehomecomingsort had found a while back.

It's cool that there is a "public" pre-sale but I am very nervous there won't be any GAs in this pre-sale.

Anyone else get the email?

Thanks again for the advice, guys.

What do you all think about the old fashioned "in person" approach? Versus Online?
(I only ask b/c the outlet is right across the street and is highly doubtful of having anyone in line...)

Thanks again for the advice, guys.

What do you all think about the old fashioned "in person" approach? Versus Online?
(I only ask b/c the outlet is right across the street and is highly doubtful of having anyone in line...)

Not a good idea in my opinion. There are waaay too many variables. If you are not first in line you are wasting precious minutes while others at home are instantly searching for tickets. Even if you are first in line you might find yourself with an incompetent person working the machine.

The BEST approach is to find the fastest computer you can. Go to some local libraries beforehand and try a speed test (CNET Bandwidth Meter: Online Speed Test - CNET Reviews) and find which library has the fastest connection.

Go to that library (unless your home connection is faster) the morning of the sale and use the tips from this site.

How to get tickets for any Ticketmaster event - Simple Help

Obviously don't start installing an atomic clock on a libraries computer. Instead, have time.gov up in one tab and ticketmaster.com up in another tab. At 9:59:59 switch tabs and do your thing!!

PS: I don't want to dissuade you from going to the outlet if you truly think the people there are competent and there won't be any other fans trying to buy tickets.

GOOD LUCK! (I'll be trying too)

I didn't join the fan club this go 'round so I can't offer any advice on that, but I can relay what I've experienced with buying tickets so far this tour & maybe that will help. I logged online at 10am sharp for the Charlottesville general sale - requested 3 GAs & had purchased, paid & logged back off within 15 minutes. Logged online at the start of the Atlanta general sale - requested 2 GAs & got the "No tickets available" message 4 times. Finally requested 2 $95 reserved seats & picked them up with no further delay.

My personal theory is that Atlanta's a larger venue so those GAs went much faster - hopefully Raleigh's general sale will work out the same as C'ville's. Of course, that's just a theory & come Friday morning at 10:15 or so, I may be wishing that I'd joined the fan club. :shrug: :D

Good luck to you! :up:
Shouldn't you be down "in the yard" checking the dumb-bells???? :lol:

I too got the Live Nation email with the pre-sale code for Raleigh. It's interesting that the pre-sale for Live Nation just for signing up starts Tuesday at noon whereas the Boots fan club starts Wednesday at 6 PM. I imagine the ticket pools are the same?

Although I'm in Indiana now, I grew up in North Carolina, gonna drop the kids off at the grandparents. It'll be amazing to see U2 play at Carter-Finley.

Not a good idea in my opinion. There are waaay too many variables. If you are not first in line you are wasting precious minutes while others at home are instantly searching for tickets. Even if you are first in line you might find yourself with an incompetent person working the machine.

The BEST approach is to find the fastest computer you can. Go to some local libraries beforehand and try a speed test (CNET Bandwidth Meter: Online Speed Test - CNET Reviews) and find which library has the fastest connection.

Go to that library (unless your home connection is faster) the morning of the sale and use the tips from this site.

How to get tickets for any Ticketmaster event - Simple Help

Obviously don't start installing an atomic clock on a libraries computer. Instead, have time.gov up in one tab and ticketmaster.com up in another tab. At 9:59:59 switch tabs and do your thing!!

PS: I don't want to dissuade you from going to the outlet if you truly think the people there are competent and there won't be any other fans trying to buy tickets.

GOOD LUCK! (I'll be trying too)

nj, your avi is totally gonna screw me up in this thread! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom