Question: Passcode for ticket pre-sales / U2.com Membership for tix??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 U2 memberships/1 house?

Hi,

I am currently a U2.com member and have done the ticket presale in the past. I am thinking of having my husband join so we have more opportunities to attend more shows.

Do you know if there are any rules on how many members under one house especially when it comes to the presale tickets?

While I understand that a lot of people have u2.com questions, we really need to keep them all in one thread. If this were u2.com instead of interference.com then we could allow more threads.

May I suggest if you all don't get the answers you need here, to please contact u2.com for your questions.

there are no rules in america

remember, it's the land of the free-for-all

Here in Texas, pre-sale precedence is based on an algorithm measuring how many acres of land you own, how many head of cattle you walk up to the midwest every year, and how many Republican presidents you've voted for.

I've read that the deadline for registrations (for the pre-sale) was 2 March. anyone who registered after that apparantly won't get a pre-sale code.

does anyone know if that's true?

That March 2nd deadline better not be true.

I signed up on Tuesday, March 3rd solely because I finally saw the new "paint" on the U2.com site with a blurb that indicated that paid U2.com subscribers have a shot at the pre-sale.

Does anyone know if the ticket sales will be handled through LiveNation? They have botched some huge on-sale dates of late. I can't imagine how they would handle the huge demand that there will undoubtedly be for the U2 stadium tix.

It's actually not clear whether the cut-off or deadline of March 2 has anything to do with the pre-sale. Originally March 2nd, was the date that the extensions would expire for those people whose memberships expired between the time they stopped accepting renewals and the date the site relaunched. They actually extended the date until tomorrow March 6th.

They have been stressing how important it is for anyone who wants to renew do so before the cutoff (i.e. March 6th) but they haven't really said if that has anything to do with getting a presale code or just the opportunity to renew for $32 instead of having to buy a new membership @ $50.

it would make sense if people registering after March 2nd or 6 will not be bale to get presale tickets. This reduces the presure of those f@$%ing scalpers.

where did you read that?

someone posted it on the zootopia board before the site was relaunched.

I agree that it would make sense to set a deadline, but they really should put that somewhere on the website so fans don't subscribe thinking they will get a pre-sale code.

This upcoming tour will only be my second time going to a U2 concert. Do you need to be a part of the pre sale to get anywhere close to the stage? I have spoken to people who say you can just buy general admission tix and end up anywhere you want on the open floor, just a a matter of getting in early. Someone else told me you have to get randomly selected to be up close?? I really messed up on the last tour and ended up a mile away. Any help/info on how to get near the stage is appreciated.

Hey mrclutch34do!? Last year I got GA-tickets and ended up in the front, without having presale tickets. So it was and probably will be possible.

I don't know how many members u2 has, but now it has 17,000 forummembers. If that reflects the amount of U2.com-members, then they all should be able to get tickets. They just have to release 17,000 x 2 = 34,000 tickets via their website...

For the Vertigo tour I used a pre-sale code for Leg1, and then got another one for LEG3. Was this only becuase they leg1 pre-sale was so screwed up and they wanted to make it up to us? OR was this 2 pre-sale codes also done for elevation leg1 and leg 3? I cant recall....

Well, I just registered and took a few screenshots of the Date/Time and the advertisement that I would receive a presale code...so if they tell me I don't get a presale I'll be ready to hit them back for false advertising.

Woot

^Okay!:up:

Then I'll get up on that! I can sign up whenever I want right? I mean, from now until a couple of days before tickets go on sale.

Does everyone get a different presale code? I mean, does everyone use the same word? I would hate to buy a membership just for the code, then have it posted all over the internet day of.

I registered during the final days of Propoganda back in 2000. Back then the pre-sale was done by mailing in a piece of paper that had your top three choices for shows you wanted to attend. I signed up with u2 dot com for the Vertigo Tour. Everyone knows about what happened when people tried to get tickets with their membership for the first leg of the tour. For the third leg (North America) they prioritized peoples' memberships from when they initially joined. I was able to get GA's for a show then. I'm wondering this time around if it is worth paying $50 for the membership. It would only be for a pre-sale for one show I believe. The pre-sale code was unique and you had to sign in through U2 dot com with your paid membership to access the Ticketmaster pre-sale. Since they are playing only stadiums I assume there won't be nearly as many shows as the previous two tours when they played 5 nights in NYC and four nights in Boston etc. Maybe it would make sense to buy the membership to get the best possible seats for one show.

I have registered again just now (haven't done so since the Vertigo tour) and the email you receive from them definitely states the following...

"As a paid-up subscriber, you will now be able to access a range of
special online fan services on the site including videos in HD,
dedicated competitions, special treatment when tickets go on sale , your
own '@U2.com' email address and exclusive forums and functionality
within the new U2 Community."

Nothing stating that you have to subscribe by a certain date to get the pre-sale...

As an aside, does anyone know how many (paid-up) subscribers U2.com has ??

For the Vertigo tour I used a pre-sale code for Leg1, and then got another one for LEG3. Was this only becuase they leg1 pre-sale was so screwed up and they wanted to make it up to us? OR was this 2 pre-sale codes also done for elevation leg1 and leg 3? I cant recall....

Because of the screw ups in presale 1, they re-issued codes for leg 3(Remember Larry's letter?)

Should I get this, is it worth the 50 bucks?

I guess it's time again to repeat this:
Can we make this a sticky at the top of every page in this thread?

No one knows how the presale will work on this tour, so no one can tell you if it's worth it to join just for the presale.

If you want to join for the sake of joining the U2 Fan Club, join. If you want to join because you think that however the presale works, there's a chance it'll work in your favor and is worth $50, then join. If you have serious doubts because you don't know if it's worth it, don't join....and none of us know yet, either.

:)

So the GA seats are the only way to possibly get up near the stage? I would assume those are always the first to go then right? Its very suprising that the lower end tickets allow you to get the closest :hmm:. I wont complain though!

I signed up last week so that will give me 1 code. What if you want to use that code or get a friend to sign up and give me a 2nd code for the summer 2010? Will I have to renew again next march to get to use the code for the summer 2010 if the sale doesn't go on before march 2010?

Its very suprising that the lower end tickets allow you to get the closest :hmm:. I wont complain though!

Thats how it always is. General Admission floor standing tickets are always cheapest. And there are what I go for every time, I want to be as close as possible.

Back
Top Bottom