Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see them not putting on a second Sydney show. Most of the costs associated with putting on the show are in the physical transport, getting the thing around and up and down. They cover that by putting on one show. Another show is just cream, and in a market like Sydney, they will go for the cream. Even if it only sells 75% of the tickets (which it will, because let’s face it, most people going to show 1 will go again), then they only have to cover the cost of venue hire and electricity.

Man, I would love to see the power bill for stadiums that host gigs like this! :lol:

Meet-up for sure! :hi5:

The pics I've seen of some of the views from the seats are awesome... but it's so hard to go back once you've gone GA. I'm one of these cowardly sorts that finds it hard to get into things unless everyone else is too. :reject:

*updates sig accordingly*
Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, I don't have the tickets in my hands yet!

I'm going to be completely knackered by Xmas. :lol:

hey d.darroch, you seem to think these $40 seats give a pretty good view of the claw? i've got GA for Melbourne and Brisbane, but if it's worth getting a seat for a real view of the claw, i might try it...

let’s face it, most people going to show 1 will go again

i don't know about that...

i'm soooo poor at the moment. i'll get tickets for Melbourne 2, if it happens, but i don't know about Brisbane 2...

I was front row at zootv and popmart concerts, then for the vertigo concert i sat
level 3 on the side at etihad, and it was an awesome view, obviously the atmosphere is different and the boys look like ants, but to actually see the whole stage from afar was awesome. I've got tickets again for level 3 in melbourne but behind the stage so hopefully it's as good a view as last time.

hey d.darroch, you seem to think these $40 seats give a pretty good view of the claw? i've got GA for Melbourne and Brisbane, but if it's worth getting a seat for a real view of the claw, i might try it...

yeah, if you're doing 3-4 shows I'd definitely take a seat somewhere, or spend time at the soundboard. the $40 seats are a great way to save cash for GA's. Looks like the rear seating in Sydney is JUST high enough to see over the back stage areas. I haven't checked Brissy or Melbourne. FYI Sydney also has $40, side-on seats in the nosebleeds (back half of 605-607 & 627-629). I'd take the rear seats though, much closer.

Not sure I'd take a seat for my final show though. May not want that feeling of being a little bit removed for your last show. I'd take rear seats for 2nd Melbourne show, break up the GA's. If behind the stage, level 2 at Etihad are cheap, they'd be SICK :drool:

looks like there's still seating available for Melb, Perth 1 and Brisbane...

I have 5, 6 other friends who want to come with as well... it's GA or nothing and I'm pretty cut. I'm never buying online again.
sorry man but i still think there's a good chance of a second show.
Yeah don't stress man, they might release some more GA...keep an eye out! or second show?!

Cobl, i'd love to do Melb...stupid teaching and term time! Just get two seats for one of the shows and spend the next 3 months persuading someone to come with you!

i might just do that... shame it will still probably cost about 110 bucks for two $40 seats :lol:

I'd take rear seats for 2nd Melbourne show, break up the GA's. If behind the stage, level 2 at Etihad are cheap, they'd be SICK :drool:

whoops, forgot i checked this during the presale. At Etihad, rear seating, FOR ALL LEVELS, from aisle 43 to aisle 6 are all $40! From what I've read, take level 2, great views!

The worst bit is seeing facebook statuses from people who hate U2 but are just going because its going to be a good night and they want to be seen...

I like my naive little bubble where I refuse to believe people like that actually exist. I mean... why?? Are they the people who buy those VIP packages where you sit in a "themed room" with an overpriced cash bar DURING the gig?

:confused:

Here is what's available for Perth 1 and Perth 2
3 1/2 hours into sales

Perth 1
$349.9 Red Zone sold out
$299.9 2 Tier singles
$299.9 Eastern Stand singles
$299.9 Nab Stand singles
$229.9 2 Tier singles
$229.9 Nab Stand sold out
$174.9 2 Tier singles
$174.9 3 Tier singles
$174.9 Eastern Stand singles
$174.9 Nab Stand sold out
$109.9 2 Tier sold out
$109.9 3 Tier singles
$109.9 Eastern Stand sold out
$99.9 GA sold out
$39.9 3 Tier sold out
$39.9 Eastern Stand sold out

Perth 2
$349.9 Red Zone sold out
$299.9 2 Tier multiples
$299.9 Eastern Stand multiples
$299.9 Nab Stand multiples
$229.9 2 Tier multiples
$229.9 Nab Stand singles
$174.9 2 Tier multiples
$174.9 3 Tier multiples
$174.9 Eastern Stand singles
$174.9 Nab Stand sold out
$109.9 2 Tier singles
$109.9 3 Tier multiples
$109.9 Eastern Stand sold out
$99.9 GA multiples
$39.9 3 Tier sold out
$39.9 Eastern Stand multiples

Hey everyone, we're done for the day - exhausted... We'll recharge the batteries over the weekend, but keep checking here and sign up to My LN for updates on everything we're up to.

That's live nations facebook so i figure no more announcements today? :crack:

Woah, Larry's drumstick! I remember you from the old days :D

I still have that video single of Numb somewhere... :hmm:

I need to make a spreadsheet to keep track of which tickets I have for what people, who has mine, flights and hotels and how much all this craziness is going to cost. *L*

Hi Alisaura!

I shouldn't be talking! I've been lurking today because I'm at work and keep refreshing my screen whenever I can to find out more ticket sales info. Looks like there'll be no more today then... Has Perth 2 sold out?

Here's my pricing map for Sydney, for anyone buying seats to the 2nd gig.

ANZseatingplanresearch4.jpg

I'm expecting sections 114-125 to also be $230. The sales have stalled pretty badly for the $230 seats (been offering blocks of 8 seats in 125-1 for over half an hour). Not great value there, these went for $95 at the Rose Bowl. As Axver said the high ticket prices can't be helping. I hope U2 haven't bitten off more than they can chew, because I want a 2nd Sydney date.

Prepare to roll your eyes at a "friend-of a friend-of a friend-told me" story :rolleyes: One of my sister's work collegues has a partner who works for Ticketek Marketing. He builds the date info into the website. He hasn't been approached for a 2nd Sydney show yet, & as need he needs a couple of days to lead into it, sales definitely won't be today or Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom