Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Melbourne 2 sells out, I wonder if they will put Melbourne 3 on sale today.

Think that's the question on everybody's lips. I'm not expecting it. I'd like it, but a Sunday announcement of "due to absolutely unprecedented demand, a third and final show will go on sale" strikes me as the more likely course of action, especially to drum up enough sales.

I'm not Danny, no. Can't afford it with the wedding in October...

You should come up to Sydney!

fair enough reason i reckon!

i was going to... but then decided against it. money and all that.

wait, didn't you say you were against Jan/Feb because it would mess with your honeymoon? :scratch:

If Melbourne 2 sells out, I wonder if they will put Melbourne 3 on sale today.

There's still plenty of good seats available. It if sells out by mid-day, then maybe a third show. But the band and promoter won't want to play before a 1/2 or 2/3 full stadium.

There are so many big shows in Melbourne this November/December like Bon Jovi, Summadayze, Brian Wilson, Leonard Cohen, Pumpkins, etc etc. There's only so many dollars to spend I guess.

i kind of don't in a way :reject: my friends will think i'm fucking insane...

"i'm leaving Stereo at about 8 o'clock..."
"what the fuck why?"
"i'm going to see U2?"
"you saw them Wednesday and Friday night!"
"i know and i'm going again..."

Ha!

"Can I please have 12 days of annual leave?"
"Sure, what for?"
"I'm following U2 for two weeks"
"Aren't you going to both shows in melbourne?"
"yeah"
"don't they play the exact same everynight"
"well sort of usually they mix it up a little bit"
"I can't believe the amount of ATYCLB material in the setlist!"

Okay so that last bit might be a bit of BS.

Can still pull up a GA at 9:30. That's worrying.

There's still plenty of good seats available. It if sells out by mid-day, then maybe a third show. But the band and promoter won't want to play before a 1/2 or 2/3 full stadium.

Nah, if it sells out even over the weekend, that'll probably be good enough for them I reckon. Then they can announce the third with plenty of publicity and let it glide to a sell out or near sell out by December.

If they can sell one show in a day, and a second show in a few days, then you'd think a third show should sell satisfactorily over almost three months!

Ha!

"Can I please have 12 days of annual leave?"
"Sure, what for?"
"I'm following U2 for two weeks"
"Aren't you going to both shows in melbourne?"
"yeah"
"don't they play the exact same everynight"
"well sort of usually they mix it up a little bit"
"I can't believe the amount of ATYCLB material in the setlist!"

Okay so that last bit might be a bit of BS.

I presume it's easier to ask for leave to see Tori and her crazy sets? :wink:

Can still pull up a GA at 9:30. That's worrying.

Nah, if it sells out even over the weekend, that'll probably be good enough for them I reckon. Then they can announce the third with plenty of publicity and let it glide to a sell out or near sell out by December.

If they can sell one show in a day, and a second show in a few days, then you'd think a third show should sell satisfactorily over almost three months!

so I can safely drag my miserable gastro ridden self back under the covers, safe in the knowledge that if either Sydney or Melbourne get a 3rd show I will be able to get tix later . . . :pray:

fair enough reason i reckon!

i was going to... but then decided against it. money and all that.

wait, didn't you say you were against Jan/Feb because it would mess with your honeymoon? :scratch:

Yeah, that was when cheap flights/accom lined up in Hawaii. We are taking a week after the wedding to relax before going back to work, then doing the full shebang in feb

Doesn't seem like anything to worry about yet! And there's not going to be a third Sydney, they've already announced the second gig with the ominous "FINAL SHOW" text ... Melbourne's the only city that hasn't got that.

Those of you who actually pay a jot of attention to the media - have the second gigs got that much publicity? I saw them crop up in the Sunday papers, but that's it. How well publicised have today's sales been?

Im hope you are right Axver. Perth 2 went on sale the same day as Perth 1 and it was difficult. I would love love love Melbourne 3 to go on sale any day other than today (or right now would be fab). I hope they dont do what they did in Perth.

Doesn't seem like anything to worry about yet! And there's not going to be a third Sydney, they've already announced the second gig with the ominous "FINAL SHOW" text ... Melbourne's the only city that hasn't got that.

Those of you who actually pay a jot of attention to the media - have the second gigs got that much publicity? I saw them crop up in the Sunday papers, but that's it. How well publicised have today's sales been?

thanks . . . :reject: didn't even notice the FINAL SHOW thing for Sydney; guess that means that there's not much point asking me how much publicity there has been :lol: . . . although it was reasonably heavily promoted via tv ads particularly channel 10 during the 7pm project.

Well fingers crossed Melbourne 3 comes up . . . dying to see these fellahs outside my 'home' and Perth is just too far / expensive / trouble for me at that time of year . . . :)

STILL can pull up a GA for Melbourne. Would've thought that no matter how seats sell, the GAs would've been goooone by now.

This is making me worried.

Were the first round of ticket sales heavily promoted? I didn't see a lot.

I saw nothing - but then I wasn't really paying attention on account of the fact I was feeling kinda smug about having a presale code up my sleeve :shifty:

Kids would hollah at me every now and then that my husband was on tv :lol: so I guess there was some tv advertising as well :)

STILL can pull up a GA for Melbourne. Would've thought that no matter how seats sell, the GAs would've been goooone by now.

This is making me worried.

Perhaps stop pulling up tickets you have no intention of buying and let them be bought. :D:D:D

<insert rim shot smiley here> :lol:

I don't know if I dreamed it or not, but I might have seen an commercial on TV. :crazy:

:lol: . . .if you had channel 10 on chances are it was real :)

Yeah, that was when cheap flights/accom lined up in Hawaii. We are taking a week after the wedding to relax before going back to work, then doing the full shebang in feb
ah, right. that sounds like a pretty good plan!

there's been full page ads in the Herald Sun promoting the second show since Sunday... and there was a double page interview with Larry & Edge in the Hit liftout yesterday.

Maybe nobody can read the captchas so they can't continue :hmm:

livenation australia said tickets are flying out the door for Melbourne 2. Here is what's left 2 hours into sales.

Melbourne 2
$349.5 Red Zone sold out
$299.9 Level 1 multiples
$299.9 Level 2 multiples
$229.9 Level 1 multiples
$229.9 Level 2 multiples
$174.9 Level 1 singles
$174.9 Level 2 singles
$174.9 Level 3 multiples
$109.9 Level 3 sold out
$99.9 GA multiples
$39.9 Level 1 sold out