Presale/General Sale Discussion - Australia/New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else here signed up with LiveNation and supposedly getting pre-sales through them? I am but haven't heard any hard information yet except the pre-sale is supposedly 3pm Wednesday. But I heard that from somewhere else.
Do you think with the LiveNation pre-sale there will be a fresh batch of tickets or is it the same pot as the U2.com members?
I am desperate to get 2 x GA for Melbourne and just wondering how hard that's going to be.

is there a livenation presale? surely getting U2 tickets can't be as easy as signing up for free to livenation?

Yeah, I'm signed up to Live Nation, still waiting for a passcode, may give them a call, as the only place I've seen info re. a LN presale was on the Ticketmaster site. ie. for the Melbourne & Perth shows. As LN is now affiliated with TM I'm hoping that the LN presales are not only for the TM shows, as I'm interested in a Ticketek show, Sydney.

The LN presale will have a new allocation of tickets. But from past experience, this allocation WILL NOT INCLUDE GA's! The US had plenty of presales for each show, U2.com, LN, venue, teams that used the venue, sponsors. You could often get these presale codes by surfing the net (there's sites dedicated to posting presale codes). But it was always the case that U2.com was the ONLY PRESALE WITH GA's.

I know it's a big ask, but if anyone has a unused presale code, I'd love to pick up a couple of tickets to Perth. Thanks :)

Yeah, I'm signed up to Live Nation, still waiting for a passcode, may give them a call, as the only place I've seen info re. a LN presale was on the Ticketmaster site. ie. for the Melbourne & Perth shows. As LN is now affiliated with TM I'm hoping that the LN presales are not only for the TM shows, as I'm interested in a Ticketek show, Sydney.

The LN presale will have a new allocation of tickets. But from past experience, this allocation WILL NOT INCLUDE GA's! The US had plenty of presales for each show, U2.com, LN, venue, teams that used the venue, sponsors. You could often get these presale codes by surfing the net (there's sites dedicated to posting presale codes). But it was always the case that U2.com was the ONLY PRESALE WITH GA's.

pffffffft what a hassle. i'll just wait for the general sale.

:wave: got tix for melbourne but hoping for 1 red zone in perth if anyone has a code they want to share :)
Saw them first a couple of years ago when I bought my sis a tix for her 16th birthday(and she got a towel and irish flag bono thru into the crowd)-ok ok it was a while ago, then London, then 2 in Perf in me wheelchair then 3 times in Melbourne...then last year GA in Houston and Las Vegas...9 times and hopefully up to 11 by the end of the year...let me know what you think of my photos(link in earlier post)

hey alanah, you got any other codes I could use for Perth?
My email for anyone that may have a useful code is sbaggas[AT]gmail.com

So is it only U2.com members that can use presale codes, even if someone else sends them to you?
Seems like the best way to get GA for a non-U2.com member is to wait for general sale, and failing there Ebay. But if they aren't offering up GA in the LiveNation pre-sale then that is piss-weak. A lot of people will be thinking along the lines of "why pay $300 for a seat when you can get much closer for $100?"

I have been signed up to live nation since buying tickets in the usa last year-how do you get a password for the presale(and it sux if not GA) I am a U2.com member(relucantly paying the money a couple of days ago)

That's what I'm wondering. When i joined up with them they said I was eligible for pre-sales but I haven't heard anything from them yet. Someone on here said that the LiveNation pre-sale is 3pm Wednesday, but not sure where that was written.

But if they aren't offering up GA in the LiveNation pre-sale then that is piss-weak.

I have been signed up to live nation since buying tickets in the usa last year-how do you get a password for the presale(and it sux if not GA) I am a U2.com member(relucantly paying the money a couple of days ago)

That's what I'm wondering. When i joined up with them they said I was eligible for pre-sales but I haven't heard anything from them yet. Someone on here said that the LiveNation pre-sale is 3pm Wednesday, but not sure where that was written.
Personally, I think it's only fair that GA's are only available to their fan club members, & not the free LN site.

Careful with the LN registration. I have been registered to the US LN site since 360 began. But LN.com.au wouldn't recognise my log in details. Not sure if it was just me, or if anyone with a US account should set up an aussie one too.

The LN presale times were shown on Ticketmaster under the sales times for Melbourne & Perth, haven't seen any other info about the presale.

Does anyone know if all RZ tickets have gone - or do they allocate just part of RZ for presale...ie: will be some left over??

Does anyone know if all RZ tickets have gone - or do they allocate just part of RZ for presale...ie: will be some left over??

I would figure that there are still some for general sale, because otherwise there wouldn't be any point in advertising them to the public on the ticketing sites, like they have? I hope so anyway

I would figure that there are still some for general sale, because otherwise there wouldn't be any point in advertising them to the public on the ticketing sites, like they have? I hope so anyway

yeh lets hope -would love to get some!!

Hi all

Yeah U2.com had the Monday time as TBC late last night and its now 3pm.
Thanks re:tip for livenation au site-have signed with them now as well as US site.
Thanks coriander-u rock,think I may have figured out how to post flicker photos.
I don't post often here but am a longtime(more than I admit due to it gives away my age-first saw them 1984 when I was at high school) fan and love other u2 fans. Concerts usually are pleasant due to the people around you as much as the band playing (although there are always people in GA that you wanna smack(eg. those who have just arrived and are seven tall and push in front of 5 feet tall females ho were in the line for 12 hours-
Houston).
Anyway looking forward to December-but really Jayz as support WTF? Who is Jayz? Beyonces husband-thats all I know! Kanye was pathetic ffs. At least in the US I saw Muse and Black Eyed Peas.
Hope you all like my photos(i think some came out well and can't choose which one I should mounted on canvas-opinions appreciated:Flickr: Airwalk74's Photostream)

presale code

hey all!:wave: if anyone has a presale code they are not using, please PM me. many thanks in advance!!! :sexywink:

4876149254_b0b104dbae_b.jpg

Just looking at the order info for my Melbourne GA tickets, they have a row number and a seat number? Just out of curiosity is this some sort of administration thing for the ticket agency?

Just looking at the order info for my Melbourne GA tickets, they have a row number and a seat number? Just out of curiosity is this some sort of administration thing for the ticket agency?
yeah, most likely. any ga ticket i've bought through ticketmaster has had row/seat numbers on it, but i just figured that was an american thing! :lol:

ticketmaster: confusing ga concertgoers for 34 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom