Possible NY/Chicago/Boston announced on the radio plus....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popbellydancer

Refugee
If this is alrady posted I apologize, but couldn't find it. So, check out the front pages of these radio websites

WTMX

101.9 RXP - The New York Rock Experience

K-Rock - Where Rock Lives

Plus....check out what Lila64 wrote in another thread....

FMQB RADIO SPECIAL ::: U2 3 Nights Live :::

FMQB Productions & Interscope Records present U2 3 Nights Live

In a rare, radio extravaganza, U2 is taking over the airwaves of North America for three consecutive nights. U2 3 Nights Live will find Bono, The Edge, Larry Mullen, Jr. and Adam Clayton in a different city for three unique broadcasts on March 9, 10 and 11 in celebration of their new release, No Line On The Horizon.

Monday, March 9 LIVE from Los AngelesAn Inside Look At No Line On The Horizon
Time: 9-10pm Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by Shirley Manson

Tuesday, March 10 LIVE from ChicagoRadio Takeover featuring a deejay set by U2
Time: 9-10pm Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by Shirley Manson

Wednesday, March 11 LIVE from BostonFeaturing live performance and audience Q&A with U2
Time: 9-10m Eastern, 8-9pm Central, 7-8pm Mountain, 6-7pm Pacific
Hosted by TBA

U2 3 Nights Live will be delivered via satellite on ABC Satellite Services and
Westwood One in the United States.

There is one :30 second commercial contained within the program each night.

This program is not market exclusive.

U2 3 Nights Live is intended to run as a three part series.

:hyper:

All I have to say is...WTF!?! :hyper: :huh: :doh: :scratch:

Are they gonna end up doing secret shows in all of those cities? Or is it gonna be one show and aired everywhere? And if so....location please? :crack:

But wait...Boston? LA???? Shirley Manson...my goddess?!?! :drool:

My head is going to explode I swear :scream:

you're not the only one!

ok listen, after CAREFULLY reading the headlines on these websites, and hearing from a friend who heard the announcement on the radio in NY today, this is what i think...

chicago site says it will be a small show in chicago on march 10th...not a large arena! so, chicago for sure!

both NYC sites and what my friend said add up to it being at small venue on march 11th. BUT NYC WAS NOT nessicarily the location, there was NO location mentioned.

Lila64's info says a live show with U2 in Boston on the 11th.

i think radio stations in nyc are gonna run a contest to go to boston. just like when my gf won tix from an LA station to see u2 at the listening party in nyc 3 days b4 the brooklyn bridge gig.

this is what i think...
one show in chicago on 10th
one in boston on the 11th:coocoo::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

I think I agree with the poster above: that the "secret March 11" concert being advertised on NYC radio stations will not, in fact, be in NYC. In fact, one of the sites (101.9 RXP) even says "win a trip to see U2 at secret location/small venue." I think that's the Boston show. My guess is that the NYC events are all this coming week: the Letterman gig, GMA, plus the possible concert (at Fordham?) after the GMA show.

Leaving us with:

March 2nd - 6th: Letterman
March 6th: GMA appearance/possible concert
March 9th: Los Angeles live radio broadcast (but no concert, it seems)
March 10th: Chicago live radio broadcast + concert
March 11th: Boston live radio broadcast + concert

Does this sound right? Am I leaving out something? Other theories?

Chicago or Boston would definitely be possible for me. It'd be best if they threw in a Philly show, too, though, since that's closest. This is very exciting! :applaud:

I'd go with the House of Blues or Ophrum Theatre for the Boston show as the venue. Chicago either Grant Park, Vic Theatre, House of Blues, Riveria Theatre or Aragon Ballroom. LA I'd go with about 300 venues I could list but Nokia Theatre or Wiltern Theatre (only venue that ever to tell me I can't steal their power damnit)

I'd go with the House of Blues or Ophrum Theatre for the Boston show as the venue. )

George Thorogood is at the House of Blues on the 11th.
Hall & Oates (groan) at the Orpheum

The Wailers at the Paradise.

Thats 3 logical possibilities already booked.

Hard Rock cafe is a maybe. (strangely, Joshua Tree is there on 3/13, if they were listed for 3/11, I'd buy tix right now)

Maybe there's the possibility of something like the Wang Centre, Colonial, etc., which are not booked on the 11th.

"Dirty Dancing"'s at the Opera House on March 11 so I'd cross that off.

Also, I saw the Smashing Pumpkins at the Wang Centre back in November. It's a decent venue, but you have to pray that you get orchestra seats.

I think I agree with the poster above: that the "secret March 11" concert being advertised on NYC radio stations will not, in fact, be in NYC. In fact, one of the sites (101.9 RXP) even says "win a trip to see U2 at secret location/small venue." I think that's the Boston show. My guess is that the NYC events are all this coming week: the Letterman gig, GMA, plus the possible concert (at Fordham?) after the GMA show.

Leaving us with:

March 2nd - 6th: Letterman
March 6th: GMA appearance/possible concert
March 9th: Los Angeles live radio broadcast (but no concert, it seems)
March 10th: Chicago live radio broadcast + concert
March 11th: Boston live radio broadcast + concert

Does this sound right? Am I leaving out something? Other theories?

As far as I can tell, only the Boston appearance includes a performance.

L.A. looks like an interview, and Chicago looks like a DJ set.

Logically, it would be difficult for them to take equipment that far across the country in such a short time span.

Back
Top Bottom