Possible NY/Chicago/Boston announced on the radio plus....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as I can tell, only the Boston appearance includes a performance.

L.A. looks like an interview, and Chicago looks like a DJ set.

Logically, it would be difficult for them to take equipment that far across the country in such a short time span.

no, read the chicago radio website i posted. it's a small secret show at a venue in chicago.

after being home in boston for two months I'm leaving right this moment to get on a plane for rural Montana....can't believe that I may be missing the concert I've been waiting for for years...:reject:

Heard on the local Chicago radio station yesterday they are giving away tickets on Monday to the secret show on the 10th. Im :pray: that Im lucky enough to get ahold of tickets! Not everyday that U2 hits up my area when they aren't touring :hyper:

This website 101.9 RXP - The New York Rock Experience is saying Qualify every hour mon/tues/wed to see u2 in a secret location in a small venue March 11th (we'll draw a winner thursday morning).

Doesn't NYC have enough U2 events going on? Why do they have to crash the Boston show :mad:

It says winner and not winners, so chances are they're only giving away a pair of tickets, or maybe four tickets at the most. Plenty left for Boston :wink:

But seriously, they're playing every night next week in NYC, although this show seems poised to be the lengthier one of the promo tour, gah I'm so excited, and will no doubt end up disappointed. At least I was able to tell my friend at LSE about the London gig last night and he got to go. I'm a bit jealous, but happy for him.

Doesn't NYC have enough U2 events going on? Why do they have to crash the Boston show :mad:

yes, NYC is getting 5 nights of letterman. but it seems that letterman tix were only given to people who live OUTSIDE of nyc. seriously, i do not know of one person in NYC or the vicinity who has gotten tix to letterman.

and then there's the GMA performance, which is also in the NYC vicinity. but, apparently it is only open to Fordham students. so, i kinda feel like NYC peeps deserve a chance to try to win a spot at the Boston show, because there will probably be a bunch who aren't going to be able to get into any of the events being held here in the city.... :shrug:

No way their going to fill the entire grounds to the steps of Keating Hall. I'd say their going to let in 500 contest winners and 5,000 fans in some type of way. It's an Ivy League school people. Half of these students have No Lives and live by reading books and studying. I'd guess they will have 3,000 students.

?? Since when is Fordham an ivy league school??

My venue guesses for Boston are Wang, Somerville Theater (Springsteen played there a few years ago), and Berklee Performance Center (Edge just spoke at their graduation)

No way their going to fill the entire grounds to the steps of Keating Hall. I'd say their going to let in 500 contest winners and 5,000 fans in some type of way. It's an Ivy League school people. Half of these students have No Lives and live by reading books and studying. I'd guess they will have 3,000 students.

it's not an ivy league school, although they like to think they are.

u2 rock the quad.

Surprise performance in L.A.???

A local radio station is giving away tickets to a local surprise gig...

anyone know where?

Is that the confirmed performance location for Friday?

...never mind...

?? Since when is Fordham an ivy league school??

My venue guesses for Boston are Wang, Somerville Theater (Springsteen played there a few years ago), and Berklee Performance Center (Edge just spoke at their graduation)

Fordham is close to being considered an Ivy League school. They have high academic standards just like the other big universities in the city but their not compared to as Ivy League schools like NYC, or St. John's.

radio shows in SF and Sacramento also giving away tix to the LA album listening party

A local radio station is giving away tickets to a local surprise gig...

anyone know where?

I heard announcements on Star 98.7. Is that where you heard it too? I would be curious to know whether or not this was a multiple radio station thing. Is KROQ involved too, or not?

As far as I could tell, they are not going to perform, but only do a radio interview (with Shirley Manson).

Back
Top Bottom