Paris, Nice, Dublin, Chorzow, London, Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff - Pre-Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss the next block of pre-sale dates and share your experiences in getting tickets.

U2.com has sent out an email

We'll be emailing you with relevant ticketing links for those dates but keep an eye on the site on Monday - word is there might be other on-sale dates announced.

You can also add Milan 2, Chorzow, London, Glasgow, Sheffield and Cardiff to the list. According to u2.com/tours

I wouldn't want to be on livenation.co.uk or ticketmaster.co.uk on Friday AM. wowzers. I would also guess that ticketmaster.ie probably uses the same system maybe??

It said watch for added dates in the email also. So I guess thats what they added.

I just want Wednesday AM to come so I can get this waiting around to end. I want to plan my vacation to Ireland already....

Atu2 is saying that too, but I only got an email about Dublin, Paris and Nice.

Well, now U2.com has a story stating 9 shows will go on sale at the end of this week.

Last week the first three shows to go onsale for the upcoming tour sold out in minutes - and second shows were added in each city, Gothenburg, Amsterdam and Milan.

At the end of this week another nine shows go on sale, including two in Dublin. We'll be emailing all our U2.com subscribers in advance with details of their presale access which begins tomorrow.

Dates of which support acts will be with U2 in which cities are also being confirmed including: Snow Patrol (Milan, Nice, Gothenburg); Glasvegas (Dublin, Glasgow, Cardiff), Elbow (London, Sheffield) and Kaiser Chiefs (Paris, Dublin).

So presale days are

Wednesday: Horizon
Thursday AM: Breathe
Thursday PM: Boots
Friday: General Sale

??

After my experiences with Amsterdam, I am not looking forward to trying to deal with London, Cardiff and Sheffield at the same time

The Presale schedule is as follows:
Horizon Group - Day 1, Tuesday 10AM (local venue time)
Breathe Group - Day 2, Wednesday 10AM (local venue time)
Boots Group - Day 2, Wednesday 3PM (local venue time)
Presale for all groups ends on Day 3, Thursday 12noon (local venue time)

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri 20/03/09, 08:00
Horizone Subscribers

Start: Tue 17/03/09, 10:00
End: Thu 19/03/09, 12:00
Breathe Subscribers

Start: Wed 18/03/09, 10:00
Boots Subscribers

Start: Wed 18/03/09, 15:00

You should need the email actually. You should have you code already. The only thing you don't have is the link to the website to buy the tickets. That will be available in your email and on u2.com/TOURS. I project that u2.com will be overloaded @ 10am tomorrow morning GMT.

According to Baja we should be hearing something from u2.com around 12PM PT.

ZOOTOPIA

I am awaiting some info so I can update you about this weeks presales. Please check back on Monday around NOON USA PACIFIC TIME (sorry but we got people all over the world so there is a bit of a time lag).

I will have more info on presales and also on some of the most FAQ's

good luck with the presale everybody!
Less than a week ago there were 26,000 U2.com members. Today there are already 36,000 members (TOTAL 144,000 tickets). So it's getting busy in the BOOTS-presale...

no email here yet :sad:

I never get e-mails from U2.com. :sad:

I even went so far as to call their service, change my e-mail and have them send a test e-mail. All of that worked (i.e., I received an e-mail from U2.com stating I had changed my e-mail address). But with regards to tours, my group, resubscribing, etc., nothing. :doh:

Fortunately, I did talk to the U2.com service, so I know my group (horizon). I have my tour number and I'll just watch these boards to see when I can buy tickets. :yes:

Time Zone adjustment for Presale - HELP!!

Okay, I live in Central Time Zone (CST) in the U.S. We are generally GMT-6hrs, with Ireland being located in GMT. However, viewing a time zone clock, it appears the daylight savings time adjustment has CST now 5 hours behind Ireland. So a presale starting a 10am tomorrow in Ireland will be at 5am Central (or 6am for Eastern cities like NY.)???? Is this correct??? Thanks!

Hey,

I'm know this is in the wrong place but time is kinda short & i'm guessing it will get most views here.

Anyway - I'm a Horizon member & will be attemping to get tickets to one of the Dublin shows. There are two of us who will be going - we asked our usual bunch of U2 friends but were all unavailable for the Dublin gigs.

Therefore, I'm hoping that someone will be willing to trade 2 GA tickets. For example, I'll use my pre-sale code on the first date & buy 4 tickets, and someone else will use their code on the 2nd date for 4 tickets, who only needs 2, and then obviously we'll do a straight swap

Obviously with the pre-sale starting tomorrow it needs to be arranged pretty sharpish.

So if anyone can understand what I just said & is interested drop me a PM & we can try & arrange something.

PS. mods, remove if needed.

Back
Top Bottom