"Overall" Were You Pleased With The 360 Tour (Leg 1 & 2)..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I saw 3 shows in about a 1 month span and was completely satisfied. There were a few nit-picks with the show but overall U2 gave a great show/production in the stadium setting.

Major highlights:
-New songs sounded amazing
-U2 dropped major warhorses (Pride, Bullet, IWF, NYD) and moved on to new classics
-UF & UV making its return in glorious fashion

Only problem I really had was the static encore and lack of Pop songs. U2 really created a beautiful atmospheric show and took some chances (opening with 3/4 new songs, YBR, closing with MOS, and reworking Crazy) but for them to not play some of the alternative rock songs from the 90's was insult to many fans from that era.

Finally, play Stuck.. or IALW. No reason to play both :)

I saw two shows - OK & AZ - I've been going to U2 concerts since the mid-80's and this was by far the best tour yet! I was a bit hesitant about OK, but it turned out to be the best U2 concert I've ever seen. Every tour I wonder if they'll keep touring and they pleasantly surprise me as the years go by. I'm ready to get tickets for their return in 2010.

I saw 4 shows in the last month from four different vanatge points.

Toronto 1 - inside the pit
Toronto 2 - Nosebleeds dead center
New York 2 - Front row center outside the pit
Vancouver - Lower deck right beside the stage

Overall I'm extremely happy. My only compliant really and it's not so much a complaint as it is a preference. They didn't make Your Blue Room a main stay on the North American leg. After seeing them play that at Toronto 1 and then seeing them replace it for the other shows with In a Little While or Stuck was a big let down I think. Your Blue Room was absolutely stunning and the video that accompanied it on screen was perfect. I just didn't get that feeling of aw with IALW or Stuck the way I did with YBR which for me was the best performance of any song I've ever seen them do in person. And this coming from somone who thought the song would be a snoozer live.

I agree with zoopop though that ignoring Pop is a huge mistake. They should have at least thrown in Discotheque after the I'll Go Crazy remix or if they really wanted to shake it up throw Mofo in after it.

Overall though the tour was fantastic

Can't wait for Edmonton and Athens in 2010

Only did the two Chicago shows, I thought it was great. Only thing is I wish I didn't look at the set lists of previous cities, but I learned my lesson, no more looking at sets lists before I see the show.

I've been thrilled with the 360 Tour. I rank it above the Popmart, Elevation, and Vertigo tours, behind only ZooTV.

The music is fantastic and the Claw is probably the greatest stage ever.

Only did the two Chicago shows, I thought it was great. Only thing is I wish I didn't look at the set lists of previous cities, but I learned my lesson, no more looking at sets lists before I see the show.

yep. that's my only thought too. how much more fun would i have had if i hadn't overanalyzed the show before i even saw it?

highlights for me were:

- Ultraviolet
- Unforgettable Fire
- All the new songs sounded wonderful.
- I actually enjoyed Vertigo and COBL a lot.
- Crazy Remix was the coolest part of the tour, imo.
- And of course, the stage. it was massive, the screen was awesome

:up:

oh, and the band is almost 50, and they're still playing very well. are they going to have the energy they had in '83 or even '93? of course not. but if you're letting that ruin the tour for you, then it's time to move on to a younger band.

You guys go to ALOT of U2 shows... wow! 3 in a month? Or 30ish over your life? =-O

I saw them chicago sept 13 and absolutely loved it. First U2 concert and in the GA circle i witnessed your blue room :)

I really hope to go to two shows next year... Chicago and one other... I feel as if this might be there real big extravagant tour?

Out of all the 4 shows I saw from Leg 1 and Leg 2, my only complaint is that I never got to see YBR performed, other than that, yes I am pleased overall. I got to see them in Dublin and 2 shows here in the States and because of the concerts I have made some new and very good friends from it. :)

8,9 / 10

The show in sheffield was great. UV was a great inclusion this tour.

Yes, honestly if we weren't in the internet age, there'd be nothing to complain about.

You people are all liars!!! I've read enough interference to know that U2 sux now, they are nothing but sleep walking miming former shadows of themselves. I don't even need to go to a show to know that.

Yes, I was very pleased. After the first show I saw, I was a little torn about how I felt about the show vs the Vertigo shows I'd seen, but now I can easily say that regardless how the show personally compares with the Vertigo shows, I was extremely pleased with the shows I saw.

I had a great time, I loved the shows, I got to see them with friends. So yeah. Amazing time. :)

I saw two shows in Toronto..No complaints no regrets!..awesome!!! :up:
Can't wait to do it all over again next July when hopefully I will be seeing 3 for 4 shows:hyper:

i was at the rose bowl show,and did not look at set list threads for probably 2 weeks,
i knew about uv and uf were more than likely going to be played, and i still got chills big time when they started playing both of those songs,
the show i think was better than the last two tours imo,better than pop?
maybe,the set list i think was balanced,the crowd was great,the band was
effing awesome! getting tickets on monday for anahiem,this is the first time i've gone to multiple shows since zoo tv.elevation and vertigo were good shows. but it didn't leave me wanting more.i need more 360.

I got to see 2 shows, b/c I didn't have anynore $$.

Tho I've been seeing tthem since 83 I've never gotten to see them 2 nights in a row- which I did at Giants Stadium THIS time!

I also- altho,again I've tried for decades to see them up close either in seats (earlier days) and later GA, never had any luck until a friend from here looked out for & grabbed a GA for me ( in the tix drop) the new 1st night in New Jersey.

So it was not only my first U2 in concert 2 nights in a row, but first night was my first GA! OMG!!!!!

I had a fantastic time BOTH nights.

Beig close when they went around the catwalk, which I chose, and ran to be center-left on the Outer Rail betwen Bono & Edge was amazing !!!!!

ANd I still was able to look up at the screen.

I had my camera both nights, and got from pretty good to a few amazing photos!

Then the second night I got to see the full awesomenes of The Claw!!!!

The Claw would be so much Fabulous Eye Candy and not much more excpet ....

....for the fact that U2 STILL are one of the best, incredible bands, and even better live,who have (IMHO) created ONE OF their *BEST* recordoings ever - NLOTH, (my otther 2 ultra favs are AB & JT), and then played almost all my fav songs from it - NLOTH/ Breathe/ Magnificent UC/ Crazy (I leanred to really enjoy the remix), along with a with a bunch of other favorite songs.

I think The Claw and the Screen's effects, and those bridges (!) just enhanced the whole experience for me.

They sounded fantastic most of the time, and lloked like tyhey were having a good time.

The only thing that was offish and then correctedon the2nd night -
I was up about 3/4's of the way back,and about ?8 rows down from the top --
trhe first 2 songs didn't sound loud enough - ESPECIALLY having been by the outrer rail the eve before :lol: and sound was fine where I was in GA-- but I found by Magnificent way up there the sound suddnely sonically expanded, and then I felt enveloped again In The Sound!!!!!

ANd if "Kingdom (of love?) " is any indication of what SOA is like a times-- wwwooo hooooooo!
Between that, Nloth and the rest.. I (couldn't get tix now) sure hope I WILL be there in Jersey again next 7-19-10 again !:hyper::love:

Didn't see the show live but have been following every stop via YouTube...been a fan since 1980...here's my shot at it....

-Very exciting beginning and middle of tour (i.e. Europe) with strange yet compelling versions of "Bad"
- Very disappointed that nothing from Boy (i.e. Out Of Control, An Cat Dubh) was ever played - not even once!!!
- Very disappointed that nothing from October was ever played
- Really happy to hear "New Years Day" - should have been played more
- Extremely happy that "Pride" got the boot
- Very happy that "The Unforgettable Fire" was played at every show!!!!!
- Very very very happy they decided to play "Your Blue Room" although NOT ENOUGH
- Extremely disappointed that "In a Little While" was even considered worthy of a stadium show - really questioning the boys tastes??????? Really. It's such a mediocre song
- Extremely disappointed that nothing from "Pop" was ever played - forget whining about "Mofo"...how about "Gone" and "Please"!!!!!!!!
- Sad that "Running To Stand Still" seemed like it wasn't even considered.
- Happy that the new songs came off the way they did.
- Confused and bewildered that they only played "Bad" once in North America...what the fuck is up with that???????????????????????

- Horrified that the encore never changed...NOT ONCE!!! That's pretty lazy guys.
- Horrified, confused and quite frankly angry that the one moment in their 30 plus year career that they have their biggest audience EVER (YouTube) they didn't change the setlist one bit!!! And the performance just wasn't up to par. What the hell is up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!?
- Loved "Moment Of Surrender"
- Loved "Space Oddity" and "Rocket Man" beginning and ending the show
- Disappointed yet not surprised that "Exit" didn't make an appearance
- Loved the fact that some tickets were $30 and $55 - good for them!!!
- Hated the fact that Bono makes the same moves and same snippets every fucking night...hey Pal, change it up a bit, it ain't rocket science!!!
- All in all...wish I had seen a show but wondering that maybe, just maybe they'll be better in 2010. New songs, better old ones, more spontenaity etc. etc.

I may be dreaming but you can always hope can't you?

- Horrified, confused and quite frankly angry that the one moment in their 30 plus year career that they have their biggest audience EVER (YouTube) they didn't change the setlist one bit!!! And the performance just wasn't up to par. What the hell is up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Harry, I think I've discovered what your problem is. You just don't let yourself feel. Quit bottling up your emotions, man. It's not healthy!

;)

But seriously - they were recording the DVD. Did you honestly expect them to do anything remotely spontaneous on the night they're recording it for posterity?

Really? What is your logic behind this? The one night they're filming, the one night that a million youtube watchers, who most have probably never seen a show... you thought that was the night they should have pulled out some rarity? Why? What would they have gained? No logic.

On the biggest meeting of your career, do you usually wing it or throw a curve ball?

- Hated the fact that Bono makes the same moves and same snippets every fucking night...hey Pal, change it up a bit, it ain't rocket science!!!
What about the rest of the guys? Do you hate that they play the same parts every night? Come on, equal opportunity hate please...

Honestly I didn't think I would enjoy the stadium shows. I was way off base. Been to Chicago and Boston 1, New York both nights and Houston. Each show was amazing and better than the last. I was able to sit in various spots and I never felt as if I "wished I was somewhere else" Simply amazing tour!

i had the time of my life during my 3 shows on this tour. This is only the second tour i've been able to attend but this blows the 2 Vertigo shows I went to out of the water for me.:heart:

And the performance just wasn't up to par. What the hell is up with that?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Are you blind or death, actually, did you even watch the youtube stream. How can you say the performance wasnt up to par. The amount of energy bono and the band put into it. He was into every single song, and we even got a slane like intro on streets. I just dont understand how you can be negative about there performance. Its these times when i feel sorry for the band, when they put 110% effort into a show and there fans clearly dont notice or appreciate it.

Overall I loved it, But I still think it needs a rocking closer, rather than MOS.

And personally I'd have started with boots rather than breath.

Unknown Caller comes across fantastic live.

I saw the show in Amsterdam.

What a great great show!!
Great selection of songs by the way. Almost 60% of the songs played were from this decade! This is a good point, cause it means they consider their latest music as relevant and they don't wanna be a greatest hits band (see Rolling Stones on last 2/3 world tours)

Based on their last shows:

- 14 out of 24 songs from this decade (=58%)
- 4 songs from the 90's, all from Achtung Baby (=17%)
- 6 songs from the 80's

'Negative' points:

- no POP-songs ! Please, Gone, wake up dead man would fit very well in this 350 setup...
- no setlist changes. A many times heard complaint. You could say it doesn't matter, since most people go to one show and U2 always did this. However, I think it would have a good impact on the performance. For example, Sunday bloody Sunday and especially With or Without You sounded very routine during this tour. They play it too much....why don't they switch these songs more often? 'Play 'Bad'or 'New Years Day' or any other hit instead now and then. Great though they kicked out 'Bullet the Blue sky'....

Back
Top Bottom