"Overall" Were You Pleased With The 360 Tour (Leg 1 & 2)..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw Dublin 2 Wembley 2 and Cardiff and maybe this is the best tour I've seen them on (since 1992) though it's subjective (for example the emotion at Earl's Court in 2001 when Bob Hewson was dying made the shows really quite unique at an emotional level) I see why some people don't like Breathe as an opener, but I think it works in the same way as 11 O'Clock Tick Tock did on the UF tour... on recent tours there have been some real punchy openers (Zoo, Elevation, Mofo, Vertigo) and sometimes the next 2-3 songs have suffered.. I think Breathe is a great build into Boots (I think NLOTH works better later on) and there is now an energy in the early part of the set that builds really nicely.

Somebody handed us a spliff in Dublin (haven't smoked in years) and it kicked in around Vertigo/Crazy Tonight which contributed to it being unbelievable and my favourite part of the set (paranoia set in during Pride - won't be doing that again!).

Didn't really love the whole Walk On section, loved seeing Bad twice.. I'll put money on Mofo to be the encore next year X

had a great time at each of the shows I attended

seats at Nou Camp
Gold Circle- Dublin 1-3, Cardiff & Wembley 2
Red Zone at Wembley 1

no issues with the set lists- was a thrill to see them do UF, MLK, Bad and Walk On. Always a pleasure to get UTEOTW.

I'm not a huge fan of Pop so am more than happy that they chose to ignore that album- they did the old old stuff last time so didn't want to hear that again

difficult to pick a highlight- but I'd go with the UC-CT segment of the show

looking forward to 2010

Not sure I would need to see this show more then once unless they change setlist next year. It is nice stage and works but could be improved by being in center of stadium and larger and rotating so everyone feels closer. Get rid of the outer ring as they didn't use it enough and have b stages at each end of stadium.
Sound system was great in most places. Light show was not as creative as Zoo or Pop since visuals were more of band members. I liked the seperate screens above stage on last tour and how light curtain was used for visuals.
songs with best visuals on this tour IMO were UF and COBL and Blue Room if lucky enough to see.
If they are going to keep setlist stagnet it would be nice to keep the rarer songs like Blue Room in it for duration so everyone gets to experience it. Sorta like Ms Sarjevo last tour.
I sure would enjoy 3-4 more songs a show.
With limited cities on tour there is a large expense in traveling to show compared to if you are lucky to live in city they pick. Maybe they could have an arena show in smaller markets to go along with their stadium shows in metros. I would give this tour a 4 star out of 5.
:applaud:

I had relatively low expectations going into the show (Las Vegas). Thus, I was not disappointed. I could have gone without hearing "Elevation" again, and even "Sunday Bloody Sunday" seemed a little forced. I give them credit for not trotting "Pride" out there again.

I would be willing to see the show again in 2010, but for no more than $55 ($70 after service charges).

I am hoping that the band follows its own example from the Vertigo Tour by playing some relative rarities in the tour's latter half.

I still feel like the band bit off more than it could chew. With what they are charging for tickets, they should have been making money hand-over-fist.

I guess we should give them credit for their willingness to (potentially) lose money in the process of sticking to their vision.

I've been going to shows since Spring 87 (15 total)
Good shows (Boston 1 inner circle adams side 4 o'clock & NY 1 lower level edges side near the stage) not GREAT
the band does/did look like they are going through the motions...I watch bono walking around boston during unknown caller and quit 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to walk back to the front the stage
YBR..waste of time, horrible reaction from the crowd just plain boring
exact encore every night ...exact why ??
nothing beats a U2 arena show
disappointed with the crowds reaction at both shows even said in boston "it doesn't feel like a U2 show"
setlist which would be impossible to make everybody happy BUT, they have been around for 30 years.... mix it up play the classics & some forgotten gems
loved ultraviolet, UF & bullet being dropped
hoping for a wider setlist in 10... at least in chicago & montreal

Last edited:
u2 never disappoints. there were several highlights. overall definitely satisfied.

that said, first tour for me where i saw 3 shows , and that was enough. u2 is always great, but seeing every tour since zootv, and i would rank 360 last. as much as i love nloth, its definitely a studio album, and the first time their live versions were not better. that and i really don't like stadiums. for me arenas >>>>>>>>>>>>>> stadiums.

Went to the first Boston show and had a great time. It was the first time I saw U2 in a stadium, so it was a very interesting, different experience for me. There were a few highlights, obviously, Crazy Tonight probably being the most significant. That remix just kicked all kinds of ass, and I don't think I've ever danced as crazily at a U2 show as I did during that song. Getting to hear Ultraviolet live for the first time was also a very special thing for me as Achtung Baby is my favorite U2 album. The stage was pretty spectacular, I have to say. Very impressive visuals and design. That being said, my favorite U2 tour that I have attended remains Vertigo 05. The arena setting, a really great selection of songs (awesome mix of their earliest and latest stuff at the time, lots of setlist variation), and my favorite stage design since Zoo TV (just loved the look of the light curtains combined with the ellipse) made those shows my favorite experiences seeing this band live. The 360 tour is still quite a ride though, and I hope to go again.

I was at the Phoenix, Vegas and Pasadena shows.
Out of the 3 shows my favorite was at the Sam Boyd Stadium in Vegas.
My preference has nothing to do with the set list but more of the setting and the vibe.

In Phoenix the retracting roof was only half open and it didn't seem much like an outdoor stadium show to me.
In Pasadena the Rose Bowl was just too huge and too crowded for my taste although the show made up for that.
The Sam Boyd stadium felt just right. :cute:

I will be going to the Chicago show in July of 2010 since it's about time I spent a week in my old home town as a vacation and this time I'm taking my brother and sister in law to the show since I plan on seeing them during my trip anyway.
I'm looking forward to their reaction of the show.

Charlottesville on the outside rail, Edge's side - outstanding show (we even got "Your Blue Room")! My only disappointment was that Bono's vocals (not his voice itself, but the actual amplification of it) sounded very fuzzy from where Mr. Blu & I were. Essentially, I got 'Bono on helium' all night - not ideal at all.
OVERALL RATING: :drool: :drool:

Raleigh at the back of the inside rail on Edge's side - outstanding show. My favorite band in my home state with my husband, my BFF, two new friends (hi Brittany!, hi Lauren!) & several long-time Interference friends in attendance. The guys sounded outstanding, their energy was great & the crowd was really into the show. The only things that kept it from being absolutely perfect had nothing at all to do with the band. It was the obnoxious drunk girls next to us & the mutant giant who wedged himself in front of us during the finale to take pictures & would.not.budge. :madwife:
OVERALL RATING: :drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:

Finally, Atlanta in the upper level club seats on Adam's side - outstanding show. Again, the band was tight & the crowd was great. The sound was good, especially considering the Georgia Dome is enclosed, I just felt it was a wee bit too loud. But that may have just been my exhaustion from having been on the road for a week by that time. :D
OVERALL RATING: :drool: :drool: :drool:

The only problem now is that my expectations are so high, I fear I'll never again enjoy myself as much as I did at these 3 shows. Just to be sure though, we're going to check out Anaheim in June to see how the 3rd leg compares. ;)

Back
Top Bottom