On Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
Dear U2,

It's disappointing to hear you refer to Canada as the "United States". I'm not judging either nation, but they're not the same...

The Welsh aren't English
Kiwis aren't Aussies
Austrians aren't Germans

U2.com > Home
"We're Coming Back"

I know you know better...

north-america-map.gif

It starts with Larry ("United States")... later, Bono, whom I thought would have our back, says "the US" (which is short-form for "United States"). Apparently, it didn't occur to anyone to make the correction... I'd thought it'd have been instinctive for such a "socially-conscious" band...

La République populaire de Québec will secede from Canada soon, anyway, so you guys wouldn't be happy even if Larry had mentioned Canada. :wink:

La République populaire de Québec will secede from Canada soon, anyway, so you guys wouldn't be happy even if Larry had mentioned Canada. :wink:

I thought it was very interesting seeing all the "Free Quebec" grafitti when I was in Montreal and Quebec City. Reminded me of Alcatraz Island in San Francisco, whcih has "This is Indian Land" graffiti from a brief takeover in the '70s.

I can't believe that this is even a thing. :hangsheadinshame:

I'm fairly certain Larry in particular knows who we are - he filmed a movie here some months back, and last tour he came out to meet fans, something he does rarely in the US. He likes us better. :wink:

I thought it was very interesting seeing all the "Free Quebec" grafitti when I was in Montreal and Quebec City. Reminded me of Alcatraz Island in San Francisco, whcih has "This is Indian Land" graffiti from a brief takeover in the '70s.

They'll never secede. I'm sure the graffiti you saw was much like the young revolutionary graffiti you see in support of Che Guevara. A hardcore, punkish concept, but no idea of the real meaning behind it. It looks great on a t-shirt, though.

Larry said the U.S. in the video, but it was an oversight for sure.

He's more then welcome to come over here to learn where Canada is :shifty:

If Larry and the rest of the band can take a break from the tour, I will personally drive them to the Canadian border from my house (20 minute drive by the way) so they can see the Canadian customs...:shifty:

After the band members have eaten some poutine,they'll know they're in Canada.

:wink:

When they are in Canada they can drink some Real Beer, unlike the pisswater the American's call beer.

:hyper:

Canada Rocks, Period.

Canada is pretty awesome - I agree. But even as a fellow Canadian, I must say: Canadians are overrating their beer way too much! Sure it is better than American, but you can not even compare it to the european beers. Maybe us Canadians need to find something else to brag about :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom