Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought and could be way off base here but..

my presale code starts with U2A whereas a friend of mine that signed up last month has U2B.

Possible way of figuring out which group you're in?

I am surprised in the HORIZON group

I subscribed to u2.com in OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2008...

So only a few months member...

guess that only people who became member in the last weeks or in breathe or boots?

It doesn't suck!! I have been a u2 fan for more than 25 years, subscribed to Propaganda and later to U2.com and faithfully renewed my membership every year. Of course it cost me 32 dollars to renew, but then again it's U2.
I think It's totally logical that members who renewed every year get the best seats/spots..

When read Baja's message it will tell you that when you are a paid subscriber yesterday, you'll be in group 1 or 2. When you sign up now, you'll be in group 3.

well that's good. i signed up last week, so at least i'll beat out the mass rush of people signing up now.

like i said earlier, it sucks for someone like me. just because i didn't pay the money to their crappy website every year doesn't make me less of a fan.

Most believe that you can tell your presale member level by the appearance of "A" "B" or "C" in the presale code. Frankly, this is a very fair way of doing things. Minimizes scalper impact (as I doubt many scalpers have kept a membership renewed for years), while rewarding long-time members.

I see your point, but the presale is merely a fan club benefit. It has nothing to do with who's been a fan longer/who is a bigger fan. Many other band fan clubs (Pearl Jam, Dave Matthews, etc.) run things in a similar way, that is, seniority-based ticket access to paying members.

well i have an "A" in mine, so maybe i got all in a tiffy for nothing. and i understand that it's a benefit. it's just frustrating because if i knew that they would have done it this way, i would have just shelled out the money every year, but i saw no point because the other benefits just didn't seem worth the money to me at the time.

No e-mail for me yet but checked the various accounts. My long-running one starts U2A, one I signed up a month ago starts U2B.

No e-mail for me yet but checked the various accounts. My long-running one starts U2A, one I signed up a month ago starts U2B.

hmm....which is weird, because i just paid the $50 on my account on Friday, and mine starts with U2A. though i have been a paying member off and on since 2001. so i wonder if the fact that i haven't been a paying subscriber every year did or did not hurt my place in line.

no worries. i didn't either. just sign in to U2.com and click on the tours tab. you can retrieve it that way.

Woot! I'm now sufficiently less confused. Thanks so much. I've been a member since the site went online, but because of some of the weirdness in the renewals that happened last year I think it reset my time! So, my code is a U2B code... sad face.

seems you will be in the HORIZON-group too then!

probably only subscribers in last week/days get C. Although it's still bad for recent subscribers who are long time fan, it seems a way to prevent scalpers-actions. Then if they have enough tickets for presale for every member then it's a good system. time will tell

well i have an "A" in mine, so maybe i got all in a tiffy for nothing. and i understand that it's a benefit. it's just frustrating because if i knew that they would have done it this way, i would have just shelled out the money every year, but i saw no point because the other benefits just didn't seem worth the money to me at the time.

Okay now I feel like everyone except me has an A. :depressed: :meltdown:

Woot! I'm now sufficiently less confused. Thanks so much. I've been a member since the site went online, but because of some of the weirdness in the renewals that happened last year I think it reset my time! So, my code is a U2B code... sad face.

:down: see that's why i'm not too happy with this whole "seniority" thing. hopefully in the end, you'll still get the tickets you want.

seems you will be in the HORIZON-group too then!

probably only subscribers in last week/days get C. Although it's still bad for recent subscribers who are long time fan, it seems a way to prevent scalpers-actions. Then if they have enough tickets for presale for every member then it's a good system. time will tell

Just read that anyone signing up from today is in group C. Group B for fresh members must go back at least a month. That they are letting people join and offering pre-sale access means they must have a good number of tickets to sell via the fan-club (if not there are going to be some mightily annoyed people).

I have a question about presale tickets. This is my first time as subscriber so I was wondering if, in the past, tickets in all price ranges were available or if it was top price only?

Okay now I feel like everyone except me has an A. :depressed: :meltdown:

:(

the good thing is that there will probably be a ton of C's because i'm guessing that many people will get word of this after us obsessed fans. :wink:

i just hope in the end that no matter whether you're an A, B, or C, you get some good tickets.

Right when can us Horizon group apply for tix then, are we getting another email or what?

I want any of the UK but don't fancy Glasgow so probably go for Sheffield, Cardiff or London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom