Official "Bitch about the stupid mask" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regardless what you think of the mask thing... Well, I dunno about you, but I like to oh I dunno WATCH a concert when I am there. Do the masks at least have holes for the eyes? Do they not want us to see the performance of Walk On?

Good question. Are there nostril and mouth holes? If I suffocate in the mask, can I sue?

This is very worrying. They need to let the music speak.. of course U2 will include politics which is part of the deal and rightly so, but I hope Bono doesn't go overboard this time around and this gimick does not bode well.

Any by the way I am an active supporter of Aung San Suu Kyi but for fucks sake guys.. don't alienate your audience with pranks like this.

I liked it on the Vertigo Tour when Bono wore that headband with Coexist on it, but the mask is a little too much

Anybody else find it a bit weird that there's almost no response or mention of the mask on the u2.com forums?

Or are all the people that post there in Barcelona?

Anybody else find it a bit weird that there's almost no response or mention of the mask on the u2.com forums?

Or are all the people that post there in Barcelona?

no. the u2.com forums are just horrible, and no one really posts anything U2 related there. i've tried twice to contribute to Zootopia and i was just floored with how their interest in U2 pales in comparison to forums like this (interference, U2Start, U2eastlink).

no. the u2.com forums are just horrible, and no one really posts anything U2 related there. i've tried twice to contribute to Zootopia and i was just floored with how their interest in U2 pales in comparison to forums like this (interference, U2Start, U2eastlink).

Long ago I learnt my lesson about going there with actual U2 information.

I think I posted in there for a few weeks and stopped because it is just too boring.

Talk about overreacting, my God. I'm sure they wanted to do something like what they did with the masks in Burma in that link someone posted earlier in the thread. That seemed ok. The cut out a mask and use a rubberband thing is corny, but geez... the reaction here is ridiculous. If you don't like it, don't do it. Are you guys going to laugh at anyone who does it?

Also, I can't believe there are people who still get pissed at Bono using concerts as a platform for causes... gosh... that's only happened at... pretty much every concert since the beginning. Even the earliest concerts they had some cause involved, like availability of safe contraception in Ireland (as seen in pics from U2: The Early Years book).

Are you guys going to laugh at anyone who does it?

Damn straight. This is pretty much the tackiest and least respectful way to "honour" Aung San Suu Kyi that U2 and any blind-sheep adherents to their requests could possibly do.

I heard from someone in Barcelona that Bono actually has a custom mask made of leather that allows him to wear his glasses over it.
Oh god.. Texas Chainsaw Massacre, anyone?

it puts the lotion in the basket
And then there's that..

Any by the way I am an active supporter of Aung San Suu Kyi but for fucks sake guys.. don't alienate your audience with pranks like this.

I am too, but yes, this is so gimick-y. WTFBonoQ.

I see a lot of hilarious initial gut reactions, but not so much overreaction (except maybe about "zomg tour ruined!" comments). :shrug:

I dont think its a good idea, but yeah, they've pulled out giant lemons in the past... and make it look good.

This has to be a hoax.

When I actually tried to explain this verbally to someone, it sounded so ridiculous (even more so when you say it out loud than when you're reading about it).

"They want us to wear masks."

"What!? Do they tell you to get your own string for the back of it too? :lmao: "

"Well, actually . . . yes."

anyone else notice that the comment form on the mask page is now literally gone? looks like this is less something U2 wants reactions to, more a directive.

There are a lot of people who say otherwise. The Tributes To Heroes version is amazingly beautiful. I'm glad WO is back in the set, full band.

I agree with you! that version is beautiful and I am looking forward to hear it live again.

but these masks...it is going to look stupid, but the problem that I have with it is, what is it going to help? She will not be freed because of the fact that thousands of people in barcelona are going to wear a mask. I don't see the sense of that statement. As I do not see the sense of preaching for own public anyway...

Let's go for a BOYCOT of those stupid masks. Come on what do they think that we are stupid children following this? I support Amnesty and lots of other organisations. But these kind of things I am not going to eat

are there people here on the forum that have a connection to any of the band members? Or to people surrounding them? We should use all kind of ways to prevent U2 (and a part of the public) are going to embarass themselves

I dont even know who that chick is. :sad:

But I do love photoshop.. :drool: :hmm:

The one with the hairdo? That's the hairdo from Kate, of Jon & Kate Plus Eight fame. One of the recent internet things is to photoshop her hair onto various people's heads.

Pretty awesome.

Yes, it's a stupid idea. I'm willing to bet it's off their website by the second show.

No one is going to be the only one wearing one.

Back
Top Bottom