Oakland, Edmonton and Toronto Presale/Gen. Sale Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I cant believe they're doing this already but anyways..

Horizon and Breathe presale: Tues. 27 Oct.
Boots and Magnificent (is this new?) presale: Wed. 28 Oct.

I dont have the times because I dont have the email yet.

Public sale is November 2.

*updated times

HORIZON GROUP
Oakland (16 June 2010) Tues. 27 Oct. 10AM
Edmonton (23 June 2010) Tues. 27 Oct. 10AM
Toronto (3 July 2010) Tues. 27 Oct. 10AM

BREATHE GROUP
Oakland (16 June 2010) Tues. 27 Oct. 3PM
Edmonton (23 June 2010) Tues. 27 Oct. 3PM
Toronto (3 July 2010) Tues. 27 Oct. 3PM

BOOTS GROUP
Oakland (16 June 2010) Wed. 28 Oct. 10AM
Edmonton (23 June 2010) Wed. 28 Oct. 10AM
Toronto (3 July 2010) Wed. 28 Oct. 10AM

MAGNIFICENT GROUP
Oakland (16 June 2010) Wed. 28 Oct. 3PM
Edmonton (23 June 2010) Wed. 28 Oct. 3PM
Toronto (3 July 2010) Wed. 28 Oct. 3PM

Last edited:
Seating charts:

Oakland

30479s.gif

Edmonton

30472s.gif

Toronto

30469s.gif

I wish we knew the prices / levels for the seats ahead of time. Not sure what to do.

This is NUTS i'm on my way out the door to go to Vancouver (which I paid for 6 months ago) and now I have to figure out how to get Edmonton tickets while in Van...You couldn't give us one extra week boys?? :huh::huh::huh:

oakland will look like toronto, again because of the round seating in a baseball stadium no "seat" will be within 50 yards of the stage. There is no side seats like there are in football stadiums. Even toronto has tighter sightlines than in oakland...the seats that will be cool and undervalued are the seats that behind the stage to an angle which are used as the "bleachers" at A's games, as they are elevated about 100 feet off the field and will be as close to the stage as any other seat in the stadium. These might be the only seats that within 50 yards of main stage, although they will be at 11oclock and 1oclcok. They will probably be the $90 seats as opposed to $250, the $250 seats are really going to suck in this facility, worse than any other place

How were the Toronto shows last month? Thinking of going to visit Mom in Buffalo that weekend so I can go to the concert.

I'm thinking of maybe going the behind the stage route. Oakland would be the only show I'd go to and I really wanted to try seats. I haven't heard anyone saying that behind the stage sucked so far.

oakland will look like toronto, again because of the round seating in a baseball stadium no "seat" will be within 50 yards of the stage. There is no side seats like there are in football stadiums. Even toronto has tighter sightlines than in oakland...the seats that will be cool and undervalued are the seats that behind the stage to an angle which are used as the "bleachers" at A's games, as they are elevated about 100 feet off the field and will be as close to the stage as any other seat in the stadium. These might be the only seats that within 50 yards of main stage, although they will be at 11oclock and 1oclcok. They will probably be the $90 seats as opposed to $250, the $250 seats are really going to suck in this facility, worse than any other place

You'll note that Sicy posted the Rolling Stones Oakland seating chart above--stage in the football end zone, Mt Davis fully extended. There would be lots of good seats on the 135-148/235-248 side if that were the case.

But most concerts have the stage in the baseball center field. If that's the case--yep, you're 100% correct--the 100 level high priced seats will mostly suck. See layout the Police used below:

18192s_a.gif

Note that they can sell a lot more seats in football mode...

Just as I post that, the seating chart is up:

30479s_a.gif

Ugh. That's an insane amount of seats behind the stage--that deck is 40 rows higher than the old/round part of the stadium.

if they do bring it the football seats, at about a cost of few hundred thousand dollars, way more than a new field, then there will be an ungodly amount of seats behind the stage. The only advantage is if they do that it will push the claw further out towards home plate so the baseball seats in the 100 level might only be 40-50 yards away as opposed to 50-70 yards away

I wish we knew the prices / levels for the seats ahead of time. Not sure what to do.

Ticketmaster has the prices ranging from $30 - $250.
So prices are probably similar to this year's tour.

I think this is gonna turn out to be spot on!

I'm thinking of maybe going the behind the stage route. Oakland would be the only show I'd go to and I really wanted to try seats. I haven't heard anyone saying that behind the stage sucked so far.

I had behind the stage seats twice this year, and I thought they were awesome seats! That's whole point of the 360 degrees after all.

And as for "wanting to try seats", yeah, I'd highly recommend it. You really get a lot more appreciation of the Claw when you're in the seats.

Yeah, for people going to see them in Oakland, having seen them twice in Toronto, the $250 seats are not the best in the house when compared to other venues. GA is probably the way to go imo...

Seeing as the field seems to be pretty broad and not as long, there is room for more people to get closer to the claw. Look at all the GA space behind the Red Zones. That could be a good place to see the show. In a different stadium those will be $250 seats. And even the back of the field doesn't look that far away from the claw.

That upper deck behind the stage looks way too steep. I would be scared to death to sit there!!!

I think I will try for the 100's behind the stage first (as long as they are not $250) if not then its GA. :crack:

I think I will try for the 100's behind the stage first (as long as they are not $250) if not then its GA. :crack:

I think the 100 sections behind the stage will probably be the $100 seats.
I guess it won't be too difficult to figure out which ones are going to be the $30 seats in Oakland.

Football capacity is 63,000.
That's seats alone.
So with about 7,000 GA, that should be about 70,000 tickets, I think.

I wonder if Red Zone is going to be auction again or pre-priced (as in Europe)?
And how fast the tickets are gonna sell.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's only going to be one Bay Area show.
As personally I don't see those $30 seats behind the stage selling out.
But in this economy you never know and it's probably going to be the $250 seats that will go slow.

Seeing as the field seems to be pretty broad and not as long, there is room for more people to get closer to the claw. Look at all the GA space behind the Red Zones. That could be a good place to see the show. In a different stadium those will be $250 seats. And even the back of the field doesn't look that far away from the claw.

:yes: on the second night I had seats in the 119 section which were $90 and were awesome - I was just right of center and because of the baseball config much closer to the stage then if I was in another venue.

You have to remember as well that these diagrams make the CLAW look a lot smaller than it really is.

My guess on ticket prices :

the 100 sections behind the stage - $100
the 200 sections behind the stage - $100 or $50
the 300 sections behind the stage - $30

the 100 sections side stage - $250
the 200 sections side stage - $100
the 300 sections side stage - $50 or $30

the 100 sections frontal view - $100
the 200 sections frontal view - $100 or $50
the 300 sections frontal view - $50 or $30

Back
Top Bottom