Oakland, Edmonton and Toronto Presale/Gen. Sale Info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On TM, if you click on "Please Note" on the event page, there's a place at the bottom of the additional information paragraph to click on for more info. on auctions - it takes a bit of hunting for. Looks like the Oakland auction ends on 11/3.

Have people in the Magnificent group still been able to snag GA's? Or have they been sold out well before that group is allowed to participate in the presale?

It's very hidden at this point. I'm sure that'll change though.

Try this page on the right hand side :

U2 tickets, concerts and tour dates. Official Ticketmaster site.

Good find.

"Auction begins Wednesday, 10/28/09 10AM and ends Tuesday, 11/3/09 12PM (local time to venue) for the following shows:
6/16/10 - Oakland, CA - Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
6/23/10 - Edmonton - Commonwealth Stadium
7/3/10 - Toronto - Rogers Centre"

Might do the Toronto one.

As someone who saw zootv in Oakland and I've been to more Raiders and A's games than I'd care to admit (I was there this Sunday :huh:) - Stay away from the backstage 3rd deck seats, they're super high and steeply angled. However, the 3rd deck seats in the old round side should be just fine for this show. Keep in mind the decks on the bowl side overhang 40% of the first deck. I sat on the 50 yard line, 3rd deck for zoo tv and it was fine as far as stadium shows go. But I'm not going to an outdoor stadium show expecting an intimate experience. One more thing, that picture in this thread is using a wide angle lens, the field does not look that far away and also in football configuration the seats in the outfield come all the way down to the field aroud where the baseball foul lines are, which would push the stage much closer to the bowl side of the stadium than it appears in the picture.
Hope this helps, see you there!

As someone who saw zootv in Oakland and I've been to more Raiders and A's games than I'd care to admit (I was there this Sunday :huh:) - Stay away from the backstage 3rd deck seats, they're super high and steeply angled. However, the 3rd deck seats in the old round side should be just fine for this show. Keep in mind the decks on the bowl side overhang 40% of the first deck. I sat on the 50 yard line, 3rd deck for zoo tv and it was fine as far as stadium shows go. But I'm not going to an outdoor stadium show expecting an intimate experience. One more thing, that picture in this thread is using a wide angle lens, the field does not look that far away and also in football configuration the seats in the outfield come all the way down to the field aroud where the baseball foul lines are, which would push the stage much closer to the bowl side of the stadium than it appears in the picture.
Hope this helps, see you there!

I was trying to find the most recent picture I could of the stadium. Do you think you could find one since you've been there a lot?

Thanks for the info. So do you think the first level behind the stage would be good? What kind of tickets are you going for?

And what do you mean by round and bowl sides?

ANYONE know the number to call for u2.com help? I just renewed this second and I"m not sure I"ll get my code in time :panic:

go to the tours page on U2.com and check it out. My old code and new code appeared instantly when I renewed last night, plus I got emails with my new code right away.

You should get it instantly. Did you check the 'tour' page on u2.com?

I was trying to find the most recent picture I could of the stadium. Do you think you could find one since you've been there a lot?

Thanks for the info. So do you think the first level behind the stage would be good? What kind of tickets are you going for?

And what do you mean by round and bowl sides?

Hi Sicy! You were very helpful to me years ago when you had an ftp site.

I have cell phone pics from this last sunday from the 3rd deck south end zone- I'm at work so I don't have time to upload them butI can text or email them to you.

First level behind stage will be great but I would avoid the first ten rows as they come right down to the field and may be too low for the stage.

The round/bowl side is the curved part of the stadium (not behind the stage).

This will be the first tour my wife and I are planning to take our kids to (My 11 year old's favorite band is U2!) so I will be getting whatever seats I can afford, but definitely not 3rd deck behind stage!

Even though the U2.com site tours page says my code has been used, fanfire lady on the phone is telling me that it's actually a new one. Great. Another night of restless sleep. :crack: U2 will in fact be the death of me.

Can someone with a new presale code help me out? Last year's codes started 2UA..... if you were Horizon, 2UB..... if you were Breathe, etc right?

My "new" code starts 2U2A... and the lady on the phone says it's a new one and it'll work.

Can anyone tell me if your new code starts with similar digits?

i am thinking of getting 2 GA tickets for Toronto in the presale, then 2 tickets for Montreal whenever they announce the presale and the venue.

weather is usually great in Toronto the first week of July. I would be upset showing up with the dome closed

funny, TM just removed the Toronto event from their database.....

Can someone with a new presale code help me out? Last year's codes started 2UA..... if you were Horizon, 2UB..... if you were Breathe, etc right?

My "new" code starts 2U2A... and the lady on the phone says it's a new one and it'll work.

it does

Im breathe mine says 2U2B I take it thats the new code :crack:..can anyone recommend a hotel near the venue in Toronto :happy:

Mine starts with 2U2B. I wasn't in Horizon last time and assume I am not this time either, so sounds like it might be the same ABC system (since I don't have an "A")? (Although it is totally unclear the way the code appears on the Tours page as to whether it is a new code).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom