Norman, Houston, Dallas - PreSale & General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
Since all of the last dates will probably happen at the same time, we are splitting up the threads for the presale and general sale.

PreSale for these shows is Tuesday the 14th - Thursday the 16th for Horizon, Breathe and Boots.

General sale as follows:

Norman, OK: Friday April 17th
Dallas and Houston: Monday April 20th

U2.com > U2 360� Tour

Ticketmaster Links:

Dallas: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C00428794805936?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Houston: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C0042869F1C6CD0?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Norman: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0C0042799B2F6E02?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Norman Seating Chart:

27222s_a.gif

Dallas Seating Chart:

27481s.gif

Houston Seating Chart

27555s.gif

Last edited:
i posted this in the tour dates thread, but i thought i'd pose the questions here since it relates to purchases.

So how do you guys think sales will go for Norman? Much like Charlottesville? Will the OU and U2 fans be back in time the day after UT/OU? I'm thinking about not using up 1 of my presales for this show thinking it wouldn't be too hard to get GA on the general sale.

There's a presale code for OU and SMG(whats that?) listed on ticketmaster. if anyone gets it can you post it? Thanks.

I will be using my presale codes cause I will be unable to get tickets the entire week of the 20th. I'll be away from the internet

SMB

I'm planning on going to all three of these shows and making a mini-vacation out of it.
So how do you guys think sales will go for Norman? Much like Charlottesville?
I'm thinking about not using up 1 of my presales for this show thinking it wouldn't be too hard to get GA on the general sale.
Yeah, I'm wondering about this too. The stadium in Norman is bigger than the one in Charlottesville, so there's no worry about getting shut out of all tickets in the general sale, but if you want GA, you're probably pushing your luck just a bit.

We'll find out, I guess.

I'm guessing the Norman GA tix are snatched up just as fast as any other venue. I'll be at the OU-texas game on Saturday and will be at the U2 show on Sunday. People are fired up for the U2 show. I saw Springsteen last night in Tulsa and the U2 show in Norman was big talk with the fans on the floor.

Owen Field holds around 85,000 for football games. Looks like every seat will be utilized plus GA on the field. Looks like the GA area is going to be smaller than other venues. I guess there wasn't enough room to have the stage in the south end zone.

I'm not saying this show will sell out in an hour, but I think the GA and reasonably priced seats will go very fast. they might have trouble moving $250 seats though.

I'm guessing the Norman GA tix are snatched up just as fast as any other venue. I'll be at the OU-texas game on Saturday and will be at the U2 show on Sunday. People are fired up for the U2 show. I saw Springsteen last night in Tulsa and the U2 show in Norman was big talk with the fans on the floor.

Owen Field holds around 85,000 for football games. Looks like every seat will be utilized plus GA on the field. Looks like the GA area is going to be smaller than other venues. I guess there wasn't enough room to have the stage in the south end zone.

I'm not saying this show will sell out in an hour, but I think the GA and reasonably priced seats will go very fast. they might have trouble moving $250 seats though.

It would appear, if that Norman Seating Chart holds up, that Section 5 and Section 6 tickets would be ideal.

In using some of my pre-sale codes for other cities, I tend to noticed that the $250 seats were usually rows 1-15, while the $90 tickets were rows 16-30+.

I am sure a majority of the students will get GA for this show.

My only issue with the setup of this show is the Red Zone area. How are they going to block it off to ensure that the Red Zone area winners don't get flooded with people who got $50 tickets?

SC

I'm so upset!! Does anyone know what time the u2.com presale will start on Tuesday? I'll be on a flight to FL for work that morning. arrrggggg! AND I'm a Horizon member...

People here in Oklahoma are pretty pumped. Even local radio will probably play lots of u2 as the tour gets closer, and thats saying something because our local radio is some of the worst in the nation.

I'm so upset!! Does anyone know what time the u2.com presale will start on Tuesday? I'll be on a flight to FL for work that morning. arrrggggg! AND I'm a Horizon member...
It'll probably start at 10.

Most horizon members the past few weeks reported no problems with getting tickets a few hours after the horizon pre-sale began. And considering that most people have now used up their presale codes, you probably won't have much trouble either.

So, 11am on the East Coast. Gotta remember that ha. I may try at 10am here just in case, never know. Reliant Stadium is now on ticketmaster

SMB

I truly believe the demand for the Norman show is being under estimated! This is not a small college town but part of a 1.2 million person metro with Tulsa an hour away not to mention the people traveling from Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and Texas. I just hope the Red Zone tour remains affordable!! Just glad to have the boy's so close to home!!:applaud:

I truly believe the demand for the Norman show is being under estimated! This is not a small college town but part of a 1.2 million person metro with Tulsa an hour away not to mention the people traveling from Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas and Texas. I just hope the Red Zone tour remains affordable!! Just glad to have the boy's so close to home!!:applaud:

I agree...this is a 'Big' Deal here. I would think that it will sellout the first day

It'll probably start at 10.

Most horizon members the past few weeks reported no problems with getting tickets a few hours after the horizon pre-sale began. And considering that most people have now used up their presale codes, you probably won't have much trouble either.

Thanks, cleazer! Good info. Maybe I'll wait till I get to the hotel. I have someone set up to help me out. Plus it's the new ginormous Cowboys Stadium... but of course I want front row. :sexywink:

I agree...this is a 'Big' Deal here. I would think that it will sellout the first day

I was afraid of that...makes sense though that the localish area would be excited about a show like this. I liked it better when it was the Monday - closer to the Vegas show. I wonder why it got switched...not that the 19th was ever confirmed or anything though. That Texas/OU game would be something else though.

Quick question. Any one know the pricing for the different levels. For example is red zone in dallas $90? etc.

tickets for the red zone are auction only......otherwise GA floor seats are probably gonna be about $55, first tier $250, second tier $95, and nosebleeds $30.

i was checking prices for george strait and the jonas brothers at cowboys stadium to see how much extra fees i might have to pay in addition to the cost of the U2 concert price. the convenience charge was about 8-10 dollars, order proccessing fee 5 dollars, but parking was like 30 dollars?!? that's ridiculous?

Hi everyone, first time poster, have loved the info that I found on here, I got 4 GA tickets for Boston 2 using everyone's advice on here!

Anyways, I'm also on the Reliant Stadium mailing list, and I got an email from them today for the Reliant Stadium presale, which is similar to what happened with Chicago and Boston. The Reliant Stadium presale code is mm360, here's the link: U2 360 Tour tickets Reliant Stadium Houston, TX, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

It starts on April 14 at 12 PM and ends on April 16 at 5 PM. I'm assuming those times are local to Houston (Central), and this sale probably won't include GA like the earlier presales run by the stadiums did. So if you want seats but don't want to use your U2 codes, look into this.

It starts on April 14 at 12 PM and ends on April 16 at 5 PM. I'm assuming those times are local to Houston (Central), and this sale probably won't include GA like the earlier presales run by the stadiums did. So if you want seats but don't want to use your U2 codes, look into this.[/quote]

So if I have a Boots pre-sale code, when can I buy tickets. Is the u2.com pre-sale different from this pre-sale?

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but what time do the pre-sales start?
Is it 10am local Tues for Horizon, 10 am local Wed for Breathe and 10 am local Thurs. for Boots?

Sorry if this is a n00b question, but what time do the pre-sales start?
Is it 10am local Tues for Horizon, 10 am local Wed for Breathe and 10 am local Thurs. for Boots?

I don't think they've posted the details yet for this particular presale but if it follows most of the others it will be:

10 am local Tues for Horizon
10 am local Wed for Breathe
3 pm local Wed for Boots

Back
Top Bottom