NFL schedule/U2 Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What? First of all, having no back-to-back home games is much rarer than not. Second of all, what motivation would they possibly have to do it purposely?

I expected this to happen. My annoyance is that they didn't try some other time and instead opted numerous times to go to much smaller areas instead of Philly (i.e.: VA and NC after DC instead of Philly).

It was meant to be jokingly.

If U2 had swung around to the NYC area just a week later, it looks like they would have been able to do a third show at Giants Stadium as both the Giants and the Jets are away that weekend!

it gets me pissed every time i think about how they skipped philly for those small places. Damn eagles, they wont even be good this year. I hope they don't add a show now, cause i am broke off of coldplay tickets. Just come early next year. OR do an arena tour in the winter. I think it is incredibly dumb how they did the tour this time. Go on a incredibly short tour the summer your new album comes out, when all the buzz is. Then come back the NEXT friggen summer and do a bigger tour when people mostly don't care about that album anymore. DUMB

some of those "small places" haven't seen u2 in 25 years or more, unlike philly.

it gets me pissed every time i think about how they skipped philly for those small places. Damn eagles, they wont even be good this year. I hope they don't add a show now, cause i am broke off of coldplay tickets. Just come early next year. OR do an arena tour in the winter. I think it is incredibly dumb how they did the tour this time. Go on a incredibly short tour the summer your new album comes out, when all the buzz is. Then come back the NEXT friggen summer and do a bigger tour when people mostly don't care about that album anymore. DUMB

aus-map.jpg

Right. And booking a U2 show in there is just a huge BONUS $ on top of that so they probably are very motivated to make it work both ways. I can't imagine what it costs to book a stadium, anyone know? Of course U2 can handle it. But yeah I'm sure the stadium owners won't turn down a u2 show if they can fit it in somehow.

Exactly...and since there is an insanely high number of different combinations that can be used to put together an NFL schedule, the owners are gonna tell the league to make both work. An NFL team isn't going to care what specific weeks they are at home and away, as long as the schedule is kept fairly balanced without a lot of consecutive home or road games...But once you move one game, it affects another game (unless you're swapping it with a bye week), and there would be a bit of a domino affect...

I still don't get why they are avoiding baseball stadiums with that stage design.

But yet,they are using the baseball configuration for the Toronto shows.....go figure.

Toronto, they really had no choice. They'd have to play Toronto to get in another Canadian show and it's a MAJOR market for U2. Canada loves them, probably more than that States (Charts prove this) and crowds do too. A Baseball Stadium was their only option. They'd wanna avoid it as much as possible where it's an awkward setup. They will play Olympic Stadium next year, another Canadian baseball stadium

SMB

Did Harry Kalas do Eagle games as well as Phillies games?I am a diehard Eagle fan and would like to say that U2 still should have booked a show in Philly for their fans,just like they should have had one Bay Area date too.

i'm not one to judge but i would have to guess that most "die hard" fans know who the announcers for the teams they "die hard" for are.

Exactly...and since there is an insanely high number of different combinations that can be used to put together an NFL schedule, the owners are gonna tell the league to make both work. An NFL team isn't going to care what specific weeks they are at home and away, as long as the schedule is kept fairly balanced without a lot of consecutive home or road games...But once you move one game, it affects another game (unless you're swapping it with a bye week), and there would be a bit of a domino affect...

tell that to the jets and their highly upset hebrew followers.

the League rules all. the owners have a say, but ultimately the League does what it wants, and the schedule matrix is done months ahead of time. it's not like they just put it together last week and realized that the two was performing.

tell that to the jets and their highly upset hebrew followers.

the League rules all. the owners have a say, but ultimately the League does what it wants, and the schedule matrix is done months ahead of time. it's not like they just put it together last week and realized that the two was performing.

According to the story that aired on the NFL network, there is a lot more to it than that...

I still don't get why they are avoiding baseball stadiums with that stage design.

But yet,they are using the baseball configuration for the Toronto shows.....go figure.

Isn't the Skydome in Toronto both a football field and baseball diamond?

i'm not one to judge but i would have to guess that most "die hard" fans know who the announcers for the teams they "die hard" for are.
I would actually agree with you there except for the fact that I live in California and my favorite football team plays in Philidelphia.I dont hear too many radio broadcasts or local televised Eagle games in California know what I mean.

I would actually agree with you there except for the fact that I live in California and my favorite football team plays in Philidelphia.I dont hear too many radio broadcasts or local televised Eagle games in California know what I mean.

no. let's just say you're an eagles fan and leave it at that.

it's merrill reese, btw. he's been doing it for like 30 years. he's a legend. a die hard fan might know that, despite location.

no. let's just say you're an eagles fan and leave it at that.

it's merrill reese, btw. he's been doing it for like 30 years. he's a legend. a die hard fan might know that, despite location.

Whatever I dont need some half rate fairweather fan to tell me what kind of a fan I am.I KNOW WHAT KIND OF FAN I AM.So dont waste my time.BTW I thought this was a U2 fan board not an NFL board.:angry:

I find it interesting the whole "why couldn't U2 play Philly" scenario...they wanted to play Philly the Eagles were playing 2 back to back home games there...so they couldn't and that was that
As far as the "why couldn't they turn around after DC and play Philly" scenario....that's easy...the band are headed headed north to south and then east to west,for a good reason.....THE WEATHER!!..band would be playing with fire headed back up north just to play Philly in October plus the road crew wouldn't be pressed for time headed back up north with the stage setup and then having to back down to Atlanta...the tour itinerary makes total sense each city on the tour is further south and then further west than the previous city and when you are factoring in weather conditions...it makes total sense...Raleigh is a lot closer to Atlanta than Philly is.

Back
Top Bottom