next date in doubt after protests?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't be a dick. I walked past these peoples houses for the 3 nights. Their cars were covered in rubbish and had wing mirrors knocked off. People were pissing in their gardens and causing just a general mayhem due to the adrenalin and alcohol. The residents have every right to cause a bit of havoc themselves as they have had to endure it for nearly a week themselves

Ewww.... So much for the "U2 fans are all great people" mantra.* How disgusting.

* Yeah, yeah I know not everyone is like that. Duh.

Gaelic matches are always during the day and mostly attended by locals.

A couple of matches are now played in the evening and I presume by 'locals' you mean Irish people from the 32 counties and not just locals from Dublin 3 because that of course is incorrect.

They live next to a big stadium where there are constantly big events, so always noise and crowds. Why do they single out U2? QUOTE]

Most big events apart from a couple of matches played at night are not loud rock concerts and most big events don't have a 'Claw' to remove with the truck traffic. They were protesting against DCC (Dublin City Council) not U2.

On the way to work this morning I took a spin past Croker and there was a pathetic little 'protest' of about 8 people. The evening news reported some trucks had missed the 7am ferry but I have no doubt that no concert will be delayed.

Does anyone know which was there first, the stadium or the houses?

I'm just curious.

The stadium was there first but it started out as a racecourse and over the last 100 years or so as Dublin has grown,so has the stadium. Back then there was no such things as rock bands, concerts, Claws or even trucks....!

You get my point I hope: it wasn't exactly a plan to build our great stadium in the middle of residential Dublin, it has evolved.

(Please take note ignorant Englishman I overheard in the pitch queue on Monday saying to an Aussie girl "only the Irish would be dumb enough to build a stadium in a housing estate". )

Ok, fine, they chose an idiotic and cowardly method to register their concerns, thereby prolonging the process and the inherent agony (if it is in fact bad enough to call it agonizing).

You're vying, at this point, for the 'Most Pointlessly Indignant Defender of the Honour of the U2' Interference monthly award - though admittedly perennial favourites BVS and Last Unicorn will pose a tough challenge. I wish you good luck in what I hope will be a tough but fair competition.

(Please take note ignorant Englishman I overheard in the pitch queue on Monday saying to an Aussie girl "only the Irish would be dumb enough to build a stadium in a housing estate". )

Naughty boy, that Adam Clayton.

You're vying, at this point, for the 'Most Pointlessly Indignant Defender of the Honour of the U2' Interference monthly award - though admittedly perennial favourites BVS and Last Unicorn will pose a tough challenge. I wish you good luck in what I hope will be a tough but fair competition.

:rolleyes: Surely you can do better than that, cmon now!

This forum should all pack our bags, fly to Europe, and cause this sort of chaos before and after every city until they play Drowning Man.

The stadium was there first but it started out as a racecourse and over the last 100 years or so as Dublin has grown,so has the stadium. Back then there was no such things as rock bands, concerts, Claws or even trucks....!

You get my point I hope: it wasn't exactly a plan to build our great stadium in the middle of residential Dublin, it has evolved.

Interesting.

I've never been to Dublin, so I had no idea.

Thanks!

The news this morning is that there is no problem, the equipment will make it to Gothenburg in time. Livenation says it's an exaggeration by the media, and that the concerts will happen as planned.

protest.jpg

-dan

Is it wrong that I burst out laughing after seeing this? :reject:

Back
Top Bottom