Newspaper says Sasha Campbell is going to open U2 shows!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fca780

Acrobat
Where you live should not decide, Whether you live
I don't know who Sasha Campbell is except she is from my country, and a very trusted (and the most popular) paper here, La Nacion just published a story saying that they talked to her via phone and told them about it. She says she still can't believe it and that is going to start on June with more than 250 presentations around the world...
It seems that she is in Universal too and has the same publisher as U2...

in spanish: Cantante nacional Sasha Campbell acompañará a U2 en su gira mundial - VIVA - nacion.com

U2's longest tour was ZooTV and that didn't even reach 160 shows.

here is a pic of the article today in the newspaper, taken with my iPhone becasue my fucking scanner is not working :l

anyway...
IMG_0865.jpg

I highly doubt about this newspaper lying, and they even said she signed the deal on Wednesday in California...I haven't heard her, but my mom told me she's got a great voice...idk really....

Have they ever taken the same act on an entire tour before?

No, never. Probably the closest is The Alarm, who supported a shitload of War Tour dates (but not all).

They have taken the same act on an entire leg of a tour, but that's it (e.g. Kings Of Leon on the first leg of Vertigo, Kanye West on the fifth leg).

Actually, wait, I think BB King played a support set every night of Lovetown before joining U2 during U2's set, but then that's a special exception and I'm not sure you'd really consider it on the same level as a pure opener.

alright...the truth has been uncovered and La Nacion just apologized:
La Nación “se tragó el cuento” de Sasha Campbell con U2 - VIVA - nacion.com

What that article says is that it was their mistake to believe that because their source of information was someone at Universal Music World Wide, which is not U2's Universal Music Group.
They also recieved a letter from Universal Music Latin America saying that they "don't have a press release about Sasha Campbell opening for any U2 tour." and it seems that that Logan guy, is just a publsiher of the other company and has caused a lot of trouble to Universal Music in the past too.
so there you go, mystery solved...a huge letter off the newspaper apologizing was also posted in the printed version...thank God it wasn't true, I didn't like her voice or style :up:

Back
Top Bottom