New York Stadium Choice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rwolins1

The Fly
Obviously Giants Stadium has been done before...

Has anyone heard anything or thought about the possibility of U2 being the 1st musical acts at the NEW Yankee and Shea Stadiums?

the logistics don't work. they're gonna be on tour in september and early october. neither the mets nor the yankees will want to put a huge stage on their fields at such a key point in the season.

citi field and the new yankee stadium are out. it'll be giants stadium. they can at least schedule it around an off day for the giants & jets and it won't effect the grass 'cause giants stadium doesn't have grass.

when springsteen played shea stadium in early october they were added late after it was clear the mets weren't making the playoffs that year.

All of you folks wishing for the band to play New Yankee Stadium or Citi Field probably have not thought it all the way through. Both venues would be far worse than Giants Stadium for a stadium show. The width of a baseball stadium (because of the shape of a baseball field) would make any contemporary ballpark a poor venue for a 150 foot-wide concert stage. Baseball parks also do not allow concert promoters to sell tickets in the infield, which creates a large gap between the crowd on the field and the crowd in the grandstand. In addition, the upper deck sightlines at both new NY ballparks are poor (compared to Giants Stadium) due to priority placement of corporate suites.

The only exception to this baseball stadium rule may be 95 year-old Wrigley Field, which has very little foul territory and an outdated (but beautiful) low slung 2-deck design. As I mentioned in another thread, we know Wrigley won't be the Chicago venue because the Cubs have deals in place with Elton John, Billy Joel, and Rascal Flats, which fills their 2009 allotment with the city.

I would love to see them play 3+ nights at Giants Stadium, if not just for this reason...

BON JOVI - BON JOVI HITS BACK AT CRITICS

"We're in that rarified air. There ain't anybody else playing three nights at the stadium. It ain't THE (ROLLING) STONES or U2, it ain't BRUCE (SPRINGSTEEN) or MADONNA. Bon Jovi - three nights at the Stadium - not bad." :blahblah:

If they play stadiums, Giants Stadium seems to be the stop in the New York Metro area. I'd rather see them play The Garden, though.

I saw them at Yankee Stadium on the Zoo TV tour - total nose bleed seats way up high as far from the stage as possible. Not my favorite concert experience...but hey, atleast I was there!

Well, Paul McGuinness already said they won't be doing any baseball stadiums, so Yankee Stadium is out. The best bet is probably Giants Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom