Mystery song played at Blackberry/Amnesty booths on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
At the concert today, I was walking by, not paying much attention to things, when I heard a song that caught my ear. It started out with a hard guitar riff, kind of like Foo Fighters' "DOA", and then after a few seconds, what sounded like The Edge's signature ringing guitar joined in. I was passing by the Blackberry and Amnesty booths that were outside the stadium when I heard it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I wish I could help, Iv actually been searching for a song I heard playing before the Gillette show. I think its a big name band and almost had a David Bowie sound to it in the lead singers voice. I swear I could remember somehting like "and she sccreeaamms", really drawn out on whatever the last word was. It was a kind of soft rock song with heavy emotion in the singing and I cant figure out what freaking song it is!! It played right before the Beetles songs for them to come out. Maybe its the same song lol.

Can some people going to upcoming shows hang around by the Blackberry booth for a bit and find out what song this is?

Can some people going to upcoming shows hang around by the Blackberry booth for a bit and find out what song this is?

You're not guaranteed they play the same songs every night plus your description wasn't that detailed so I'm not sure if you'll ever get your answer.

The best way is if you could have remembered a line or two from the song...

I hate that when I try to do that, say I am at a store or somewhere and I hear a song that is great and I have no idea who it is, I try to remember a few lines from the song and then by the time I get home and sit at my comp I have completely forgotten everything.

:doh:

Verizon has an app that can analyze a song and tell you what it is, it's awesome it will even recognize the song over bar chatter and what not... just push the button hold the speaker up for 10 seconds and you have the song name at your fingertips.

Verizon has an app that can analyze a song and tell you what it is, it's awesome it will even recognize the song over bar chatter and what not... just push the button hold the speaker up for 10 seconds and you have the song name at your fingertips.

There's one for the iPhone, too... it's called Shazam.

You're not guaranteed they play the same songs every night plus your description wasn't that detailed so I'm not sure if you'll ever get your answer.

I would think the Blackberry booth has their promotional videos on a loop for however long they are parked outside of the stadium. I thought my description was pretty detailed, considering I didn't stay around long enough to hear any lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom