My public apology. I am sorry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulltproof

The Fly
I wanted to take the time to apologize to the people that I hurt during my rant about the GA line.
I want to apologize to Matt and Emma. I didn't mean to seem threatening.

I'm sorry I took pictures and posted them on the internet.

I did what I thought was right at the time.

Everyone forgot about this weeks ago.

who_fucking_cares.jpg

I didn't read much of the original thread, but I don't think you need to apologize for calling out people who acted like dick holes at the shows

I'm doing this for a few reasons.

1. When I got to the outer rail in Pittsburgh there was a girl saving a spot for her father. I didn't know that. All I did know at the time was that she was saving a spot. She elbowed me in the ribs repeatedly. I had to ask security to have her stop. In the heat of the moment, I yelled at her. Maybe it was the sharp jab to the ribs, maybe it was the heat... I don't know. But I know I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that I am mean, arrogant, or self serving. I did explain to her father what happened, and thought all was well. Evidently not.
  2. Not everyone pictured was involved. I didn't mean to cause anyone stress, or hurt their feelings.
  3. I was told I would be "outed" by the U2 community. I was told to apologize publicly. I was told "your behaviour is inexcusable and disgusting." I really don't want anyone to think I am disgusting.
I really don't know what else to say. I feel anything I write may be the wrong thing.
Some of the people are members here. Some have seen dozens of shows. In a way I feel if they are that well liked, and I don't see them as upstanding as others; then the problem must be with me.

I hope this makes sense.

Wow - she actually elbowed you in the ribs??? Repeatedly???:ohmy: I'm sure I don't know the whole story here, but that sounds bizarre. Kudos to you for this apology, bulltproof. You seem alright to me, don't be so hard on yourself.

1. When I got to the outer rail in Pittsburgh there was a girl saving a spot for her father. I didn't know that. All I did know at the time was that she was saving a spot. She elbowed me in the ribs repeatedly. I had to ask security to have her stop. In the heat of the moment, I yelled at her. Maybe it was the sharp jab to the ribs, maybe it was the heat... I don't know. But I know I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that I am mean, arrogant, or self serving. I did explain to her father what happened, and thought all was well. Evidently not.
  2. Not everyone pictured was involved. I didn't mean to cause anyone stress, or hurt their feelings.
  3. I was told I would be "outed" by the U2 community. I was told to apologize publicly. I was told "your behaviour is inexcusable and disgusting." I really don't want anyone to think I am disgusting.
I really don't know what else to say. I feel anything I write may be the wrong thing.
Some of the people are members here. Some have seen dozens of shows. In a way I feel if they are that well liked, and I don't see them as upstanding as others; then the problem must be with me.

I hope this makes sense.

Ha, apparently the U2 fan mafia got to you. If someone elbowed me in the ribs, I'd be pissed and yell, too. Don't worry, you were still right in your other thread. People shouldn't start lines 5 days ahead of time, lose their shit toward others to the extent that they physically assault them, and then claim "stress."

Nah, I don't think you need to apologise either. If some chick elbowed me in the ribs repeatedly, she'd be lucky to leave with her body parts intact!

Like others have said, I don't disagree with the points you were trying to make, but it wasn't a great way to go about saying it.

However, this:

[*]I was told I would be "outed" by the U2 community. I was told to apologize publicly. I was told "your behaviour is inexcusable and disgusting."

.... is rather appalling as well.

From what I could tell, even though there were obviously those who took major issue with your posts, you had a lot of people also agreeing with the sentiments. So you're not the only one who is frustrated and irritated at the bullshit that U2 GA brings every tour.

i vanish for a month and we're still having the same argument? awesome!

but seriously, i really don't think an apology is necessary. kudos to you for doing so, but all you did was say what 99% of us were thinking.

I'm all for an open discussion, but I do feel he crossed the line by posting photos without consent. Funny how he requested that his photo be removed when it was posted on another fan site. Anyways, it is in the past.

I hope this makes sense.

This is how bullies work.

You don't need to apologise; you weren't wrong.

I hope this makes sense.

Whoever told you you needed to make a public apology can go fuck themselves. Who was it?

And 'outed'? What is this, a club? Are they not going to let you buy tickets for any of the shows? I can't stand assholes like that. I can't wait until the day one of them says something like that to me.

Dont feel bad, man. Take back your apology

If you're in a public space you dont get a say over whether your photo is posted or not

With names? Really? My point was more that he didn't like when the same thing happened to him. That is why quoting only part of my post doesn't reflect what I was trying to say. Remember you only heard his side of this.

In my opinion the bottom line is that ridiculousness that he described in that thread is shameful and should not exist.

I agree with some of what he said, just not his method. That being said, I have heard from those on the other side too.

I wanted to take the time to apologize to the people that I hurt during my rant about the GA line.
I want to apologize to Matt and Emma. I didn't mean to seem threatening.

I'm sorry I took pictures and posted them on the internet.

I did what I thought was right at the time.

I'm glad you are man enough to admit your mistakes and apologize. A large adult as yourself should never be intimidating a 15 year old girl at a U2 concert. I'm also pleased that you've seen that the way in which you presented the problematic situation while also going along with the same system you participated willfully in, was also not right.

Everyone will get through this......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom