My public apology. I am sorry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what???? I never said it made it better or worse in either case! I said I respected both for doing so, but the motives were different it seemed. I am not ok with what Vik did, but did appreciate the apology. It is more the pic posting and naming names that I didn't like here.

So you are saying my posts make me seem like I am not a sweet girl? Whatever.

Yeah jt is a good guy, it might have seemed snarky but it wasn't meant that way.

I guess I'll go out on one final note...

You're quite the asshole, huh?

Too bad, too, because I agree with many of the issues you raised with regards to the GA line.

But your "method", your approach, everything right on down to this last little shot from you, screams that you are a jerk and a troll, just stirring shit.

Are you done now? You've never really contributed anything to this forum other than this shit and some pics that - ironically! - you got while standing so close to the band, so are you happy? Can you leave now?

bulltproof -- this thread illustrates why you should never, ever apologise.

:rolleyes: :lol:

Because he's not truly sorry for any of it, probably?

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess that they probably booted him out of the facebook group, so since he wasn't able to continue his "side" of the story over there in response to posts by the girl and her dad, he decides to bring it back here where he's able to repeat the "she elbowed me in the ribs" story and gain sympathy.

This makes me sad.

I can't believe this kind of stuff goes on. It seems to me that the GA experience has become something else entirely on this tour. I remember back on Elevation it was such a "love in". A continuation and expansion of the the friendships formed on zoo and pop and the greatest way ever of bringing people together. Sure, there were some dramas - there is always going to be a difference of opinion in these kind of situations, what has happened on 360 though is disgusting. The band would be ashamed. I really hope that people can get it together next tour and that some kind of working system is put into place. One that ensures people aren't pitted against each other the way they were this tour. Things have spiraled out of control - especially in USA. Writing your name on a piece of paper is not queuing. I'm sure this issue has been argued to death. The sense of entilement some fans have is ridiculous. It's not a piece of real estate (I'm pretty sure Bono himself said this too). This kind of drama makes fans like myself not even want to bother with the GA line. I really hope y'all can get it together and not let these kind of situations ruin your good times in the future.

Are you done now? You've never contributed anything to this forum other than this shit, so are you happy? Can you leave now?

This!

There's no real apology happening here to be honest. It's all another attempt at playing the victim.... a grown ass man behaving in a way that was redonkulous only because he didn't like the way something was run for which he was a part of the entire time. So in order to vent his frustrations, he takes it out on a little girl and then goes home and makes a thread posting pictures of people.

*sigh* I regret thinking you are sorry. You really aren't.
It would have been really nice to have that apology stick....as you are going to see the same people next tour.... But I have a feeling that making friends isn't that easy for you. It will present some difficulties for you next time round.

Hopefully next tour Bulltproof, you'll just do us all a favour and get seats.

Once again... I'm done with this. Everyone, do yourself a favour....... set your settings to Bulltproof - ignore.

You can do that here. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

You're quite the asshole, huh?

Too bad, too, because I agree with many of the issues you raised with regards to the GA line.

But your "method", your approach, everything right on down to this last little shot from you, screams that you are a jerk and a troll, just stirring shit.

Are you done now? You've never really contributed anything to this forum other than this shit and some pics that - ironically! - you got while standing so close to the band, so are you happy? Can you leave now?
as you've been told before, name calling is against forum rules

There's no real apology happening here to be honest. It's all another attempt at playing the victim.... a grown ass man behaving in a way that was redonkulous only because he didn't like the way something was run for which he was a part of the entire time. So in order to vent his frustrations, he takes it out on a little girl and then goes home and makes a thread posting pictures of people.

You forgot to add:

"..then comes on Interference a month or so later and says "I'm sorry for hurting people by posting their pics, but there was this girl, you see, she elbowed me!" :lol:

I'm hardly the only person in this thread who's called someone a name, for the record. Why single me out for the reminder?
and how do you know i haven't spoken to anyone else privately? the fact remains the mods have told you repeatedly to exercise your ignore function yet you continue to say whatever you want to anyone. mouthing off to me in response is hardly the best thing to do here.

Yeah jt is a good guy, it might have seemed snarky but it wasn't meant that way.

I got that impression! :up:

So I guess this wasn't an unreserved apology, but an apology with self-serving caveats and explanations.

Exactly!

This!

*sigh* I regret thinking you are sorry. You really aren't.
It would have been really nice to have that apology stick....as you are going to see the same people next tour.... But I have a feeling that making friends isn't that easy for you. It will present some difficulties for you next time round.

Hopefully next tour Bulltproof, you'll just do us all a favour and get seats.

Once again... I'm done with this. Everyone, do yourself a favour....... set your settings to Bulltproof - ignore.

You can do that here. http://www.u2interference.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

U2BROTHR, you are one of the nicest fans I have met. :hug: I know in this case, you tried so hard to be diplomatic and that you hoped the apology was sincere. It doesn't appear to be, which is what I was trying to get at yesterday. I think you are right and it is time to let this go. Meeting fans like you in the GA line is what makes lining up so much fun. Let's hope this drama disappears.

would love to see a statistical breakdown between fans who will happily defend queuing for a week/have friends who queued for days/need to be front a centre who are happy to vilify the guy vs people who are happy to just enjoy the show who are happy to see the people who ruin it for everyone else being outed.

actually, i don't think much breakdown is needed.

would love to see a statistical breakdown between fans who will happily defend queuing for a week/have friends who queued for days/need to be front a centre who are happy to vilify the guy vs people who are happy to just enjoy the show who are happy to see the people who ruin it for everyone else being outed.

Actually, I think you would be surprised....I only lined up early once because of the bullshit, and showed up at opening or just before for the other 4.

Yeah, I absolutely detest the lining up for a week thing, and the list with +1 stuff has basically proven to be idiotic and apparently open to abuse in some cities.

It's not such a clear demarcation between the two camps, in other words. Many of us are dissatisfied with the GA lines this tour. We're not harassing and/or assaulting teenaged girls and posting people's pictures on the internet over it, though.

It's not as clear cut. I agree with his points, but not with the way he handled it. I'll never line up with the way the GA is run.

The exact same thread on atu2.com was locked while it was on the 1st page. Hopefully, the mods do the same to this one soon.

This thread should be stickied at the top of every forum to serve as an example of how to apologize in a seemingly sincere manner, and then dig yourself deeper and deeper into a hole every time you open your mouth again, thus losing any support you might have gained with that apology.

Gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess that they probably booted him out of the facebook group,

Ha ha haaaaaaa. No. He was never in it.

I agree, it is absurd to line up for a concert days in advance. But it happens (and I have to admit I've done it a few times :shifty: ). As for deciding who the line captain is, it is quite clear to me. If you start a line, you 'control'/administer/monitor the line (i.e. handing out numbers so that a rough order is obvious, telling people what to expect, trying to prevent situations where line jumpers cut in). You don't want to do that? Then don't go for this insane race to be #1.

Also, regarding the situation of 'signing in' and then leaving for some hours I also go for a simple guideline. If you want to join the GA queue, be prepared to be in line until doors open. Yes, the people administering the line may show some leniecy, as in allowing a sign in once every few hours, or just once for the day. But that's a bonus, so don't start complaining when they don't allow it. Because then you shouldn't join that GA queue just yet.

True. Hence the reason why, most of the time, the people administering the line were telling people to start lining up day of the show at 6 or 7 AM (or whatever early time), to prevent situations as described above. Still, it did happen and that's just bad behaviour from the people running the line. They should not be exempt from the rules they set themselves.

And oh, also the 'sign in + 1' is bullshit. If you want to join the queue and get a number, then you should be there. If you're not there, then there's no number for you. It's ridiculous to sign in others. :down:

From what I heard from others, some don't care about the whole big show and all the lights and effects. They prefer to have more a small club experience. Seeing the interaction of the band members up close. Have as little awareness of the thousands of other people as possible.
(And yes, some want to be at the front to try to grab the attention of the band members, wanting to be acknowledged for being there, etc.)

oh, yeah, I mean I know who the 'line captain' is supposed to be, first one there etc. But if the line captain takes off with a sign in sheet and comes back the day or morning of while people are in line? Then who becomes the captain? It's all silly. There shouldn't even be a need for a captain. it's a line! we all lined up in grade school, right? :wink: if people want to go to the bathroom or go for a quick food run, I'm sure those around that person would be ok with it. just don't see the need for somebody to run a line/be the boss etc.

Totally understand that some people want to be as close to the band and actually be able to see them up close to make it feel like a small show. Still, to need that on every show of the tour that you go to is simply amazing. it's not like you're going to become best friends with Larry if he sees you in the same spot 13 shows in a row.

I do hope that nobody on the next tour in any GA line accepts a +1 or sign in sheet system.

Apparently it's only the US and Canada where this happened. Everywhere else, you showed up in line, you were in line. No secret locations, no secret lists three days in advance.

THIS IS WHY THEY HATE US!

Sorry, Canada. You're going to have to put up with getting lumped in with us on this one. :wink:

Apparently it's only the US and Canada where this happened. Everywhere else, you showed up in line, you were in line. No secret locations, no secret lists three days in advance.

Sorry, Canada. You're going to have to put up with getting lumped in with us on this one. :wink:

Note to self: do GA in Europe next tour if at all. :wink:

good. now cry havoc and let slip the hogs of war...or whatever farm animal of war, Lana!

It's a rampage now

archer-rampage_556x276.jpg

corianderstem said:
This thread should be stickied at the top of every forum to serve as an example of how to apologize in a seemingly sincere manner, and then dig yourself deeper and deeper into a hole every time you open your mouth again, thus losing any support you might have gained with that apology.

Why does someone who is making a sincere apology need to "gain support"?

Why, in the course of said sincere apology, does that person use their reprehensible behavior towards a minor as a crutch, and try and pit interferencers against one another in their "final note"?

The answer is redundant.

oh, yeah, I mean I know who the 'line captain' is supposed to be, first one there etc. But if the line captain takes off with a sign in sheet and comes back the day or morning of while people are in line? Then who becomes the captain? It's all silly. There shouldn't even be a need for a captain. it's a line! we all lined up in grade school, right? :wink: if people want to go to the bathroom or go for a quick food run, I'm sure those around that person would be ok with it. just don't see the need for somebody to run a line/be the boss etc.

Totally understand that some people want to be as close to the band and actually be able to see them up close to make it feel like a small show. Still, to need that on every show of the tour that you go to is simply amazing. it's not like you're going to become best friends with Larry if he sees you in the same spot 13 shows in a row.

I do hope that nobody on the next tour in any GA line accepts a +1 or sign in sheet system.

Montreal was a mess, and the only way not to let it ruin my whole trip there was to say "fuck it" and not do the line at all. Let the record show that I actually preferred being towards the back rail...:shifty:

Wait, Winnipeg was awesome!!!! That can be Canada's saving grace. Plus, it was so friggin cold that the line wasn't that long the morning of anyways.

Note to self: do GA in Europe next tour if at all. :wink:

I am!!! :wink:

They don't need to gain support; that wasn't my point at all.

I was saying that I, and I'm sure there were others, thought it was big of him to come back and apologize. I don't know, "sympathy" didn't seem like the right word, either.

Then he kept talking.

a grown ass man behaving in a way that was redonkulous

This isn't meant as a dig at you U2BROTHR, because by all accounts, you're the nicest dude going, but the irony in this combination of words made me laugh for real :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom