My public apology. I am sorry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the scenario which led him to make that thread wasn't dickish?

Which part? The people lining up days before a concert? Yes.

A little girl saving a spot on the rail for her father? No.

Look how he handled it. If he was concerned about people jumping in front of him, did he try to ask the people who were plus oneing themselves and their friends if he could possibly jump in front of them being it was just him and maybe one other person? I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I don't even think it makes that big of a difference whether you are 4th in line or 40th once they move the line up to the gates and the order is lost. You'd still be pretty damn close. Instead he sat there stewing in his anger, taking stealthy pictures, writing down names with a plan of outing them online to start something while he can hide safely behind his computer.

Then when he gets to the rail he tries to take a spot next to a teenage girl who was probably at her first U2 concert and who saving that spot for her father. She probably even said she was saving the spot for her father, but instead he goes "OMG NO! MY SPOT NO PAPER DOLLING!!1!!" Does this kid want to be separated from the man who raised her and bought the ticket for her amidst a sea of thousands of people and be stuck next to some guy with an obvious attitude problem that she doesn't know? Of course not! She had every right to hold on to that spot. This guy was belligerently forcing his way in there, so she did what she had to. Then he reacts by trying to get a kid thrown out of the concert! Who cares if he didn't know who she was saving a spot for. A teenage girl isn't going to go line up all day at a U2 show without a parent or relative.

So a month later after the shit storm dies down, he comes back acting like a martyr. "I'm not a bad guy, I'm misunderstood! I'm only doing this because they threatened to out me!" Whoever 'they' are threatened to do the same thing he did.

The whole GA line up this tour was ridiculous. The same people getting the rail night after night, lining up before the last show was even over. Sure it needs to be changed and almost everyone knows that and agrees with it. But to do it in this fashion hurts his argument rather then helps it.

Look how he handled it. If he was concerned about people jumping in front of him, did he try to ask the people who were plus oneing themselves and their friends if he could possibly jump in front of them being it was just him and maybe one other person? I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Given the few stories I've read in this forum, such as Vik physically moving a girl to get off of his spot, I'm not so sure about this.

Do you know the whole situation involving Vik? Were you there? There is a lot more to any situation than what is written on Interference.

Vik took the time to give his side of the story, put some context around it, so it's as close to the "real story" as we're going to get. I still don't think it was okay.

U2 GA brings out the worst in some people.

We're going to see more of the same bullshit on the next tour. Maybe more people are starting to be fed up with it. Maybe I'll just go to Europe to see all my shows, where this sort of thing doesn't seem to happen. :wink: Unfortunately, I don't think anything is going to change because it seems that most of the people involved in creating the bullshit a) don't post on any of the forums to partake in discussion; b) don't really care if people don't like the way they do it.

That's the impression I get, anyway.

Yes, this guy didn't tackle this situation in the right way, pointing his fingers at and posting pictures of people who weren't even actually involved. Hence his apology. He apologized for posting the pictures, apologized for the way he went about bringing this up. I don't think he's trying to be some sort of martyr.

You can keep bagging on him for the very things he's apologizing for, but it took guts to come back and apologize - he could have easily just faded into the woodwork and never come back.

...and then he says he felt like he "had" to apologize. His intentions didn't seem sincere. Just my opinion. We are still entitled to those, right?:wink:

I don't think what Vik did was ok. However, I talked to those that were there and saw it, and he did apologize on here sincerely almost right after it happened, and he did see the girl and say sorry to her face. The situation surrounding it was NOT fully explained on here.

Steve actually summed up how I feel about this situation pretty well.

I'm sure Vik's apology was sincere and he felt terrible, and it's great he was able to apologize in person to the girl at the airport.

My concern is more around the whole fact that people get so worked up over all this shit, that it actually leads to confrontation and physical contact in the moment. There's just no reason that a frigging U2 concert has to lead to such unnecessary stress and asshattery.

That's what leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

I am also of the opinion that it's entirely possible for friends to disagree on stuff. So ... heyyyyyy, friend! :shifty:

:wink:

I'm sure Vik's apology was sincere and he felt terrible, and it's great he was able to apologize in person to the girl at the airport.

My concern is more around the whole fact that people get so worked up over all this shit, that it actually leads to confrontation and physical contact in the moment. There's just no reason that a frigging U2 concert has to lead to such unnecessary stress and asshattery.

That's what leaves such a bad taste in my mouth.

I am also of the opinion that it's entirely possible for friends to disagree on stuff. So ... heyyyyyy, friend! :shifty:

:wink:

Hey friend!:shifty: I actually agree with this post!!:wink:

A large adult as yourself should never be intimidating a 15 year old girl at a U2 concert.

Everyone will get through this......

Maybe a 15 year old girl shouldn't have elbowed me. :hmm:
Or is that impossible for a smaller, younger person to resort to such tactics?

I didn't post this thread to drudge up the past. I did it to let people know that if I did wrong toward them that I am sorry. If any of you actually knew me you would find that I am caring and kind. At times I have a tendency to be over zealous. I can admit that.

I don't want to be thought of as "that a**hole in Pittsburgh".

Do you know the whole situation involving Vik? Were you there? There is a lot more to any situation than what is written on Interference.

Seems from what I've been reading that you met some of the dickish people at the shows and are blindly defending them

Actually no, but I do know people that were there from meeting them at other shows. I'm not going to defend someone for the sake of doing it. That isn't the type of person I am, and anyone who has met me will let you know that. Do I know the people who had their pics put up and were upset by it? Sure I do. Do I think the GA situation was ridiculous? No argument. Those who did any shows with me can tell you how upset I was, and that I actually decided because of the bullshit NOT to line up at all.

I get your point about the photo, but my point was that he did it to others, but didn't like it done to himself.

For the record, the people I met were not dickish at all.

Actually no, but I do know people that were there from meeting them at other shows. I'm not going to defend someone for the sake of doing it. That isn't the type of person I am, and anyone who has met me will let you know that. Do I know the people who had their pics put up and were upset by it? Sure I do. Do I think the GA situation was ridulious? No argument. Those who did any shows with me can tell you how upset I was, and that I actually decided because of the bullshit NOT to line up at all.

I get your point about the photo, but my point was that he did it to others, but didn't like it done to himself.

For the record, the people I met were not dickish at all.

Fair enough

\

Maybe it was the pics that were photoshopped I objected to?
I know my pic is on fancam. I can deal with that.
But I didn't like someone (Steve1998) taking my pic and making "funny" pics. I didn't alter the pics I posted. THAT's what I objected to.

Then when he gets to the rail he tries to take a spot next to a teenage girl who was probably at her first U2 concert and who saving that spot for her father. She probably even said she was saving the spot for her father, but instead he goes "OMG NO! MY SPOT NO PAPER DOLLING!!1!!" Does this kid want to be separated from the man who raised her and bought the ticket for her amidst a sea of thousands of people and be stuck next to some guy with an obvious attitude problem that she doesn't know? Of course not! She had every right to hold on to that spot. This guy was belligerently forcing his way in there, so she did what she had to. Then he reacts by trying to get a kid thrown out of the concert! Who cares if he didn't know who she was saving a spot for. A teenage girl isn't going to go line up all day at a U2 show without a parent or relative.

"Probably." "Probably." "Separated from the man who raised her"

Give me a break, man. You've clearly lost all ability to look at things objectively.

Actually, you asked for any photo of yourself to be taken down, and your name wasn't listed.

"Probably." "Probably." "Separated from the man who raised her"

Give me a break, man. You've clearly lost all ability to look at things objectively.

The guy pushes kids around. He admitted to it. I don't need to look at things objectively.

For what its worth the guy apologized for behavior he is not proud of.

The GA system was not the best and yes some of the same people had the same spots but for the most part everyone who queued were really kind and decent people. Not everyone is perfect and sometimes one person can create an atmosphere that can leave lots of negative feelings. My experiences with all of these people were 99% fabulous! I would hang with them all again in a heartbeat, and those who know me how great this summer turned out to be.

Maybe a change in how the lines queue next time is in order but really didn't everyone find a terrific spot and have the most perfect time with the best band in the world? Time to let this all go, let it rest.

AND I don't feel the need to defend myself to someone like Steved that harasses me via PM's.

AND I don't feel the need to defend myself to someone like Steved that harasses me via PM's.

You PMed me first

XvYsv.gif

As a general rule, anyone who uses tired internet memes for a comeback is as unclever as they come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom